1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'11 CA DT Devaughn Hanley

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive' started by Buffnik, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Rivals
    Scout
    ESPN

[​IMG]
    Gahr H.S. (Cerritos, CA)

Ht: 6-foot-3
    Wt: 264 lbs
    40: 4.9 secs

Rivals rating: 3*-5.6rr; #54 DT
    Scout rating: 2*; NR DE
    ESPN rating: NR DE

Reported Offers:

2. Buffnik

[video=youtube;dNYCoyAbPi8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNYCoyAbPi8[/video]

3. Buffnik

Won the defensive MVP at the David Schumann Underclassman Combine in March of 2010.

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1061336

4. Buffnik

A three-star athlete, Hanley has the ability to dominate from his defensive tackle spot at the high school level. Quick as a cat, Hanley has a frame that translates to the next level, as the 6-foot-3, 264-pound tackle projects as a penetrating defensive tackle in the college ranks. The prep star is receiving interest from several big-name schools, including Texas, Miami and USC. Hanley was all over the field for the Gladiators' last season, making 49 tackles in nine games, a strong figure for an inside player who constantly sees double-teams. Hanley will be looking to generate more of a pass rush this season after reaching the quarterback four times as a junior.

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1106364

5. Buffnik

Arizona was one of the schools recruiting Hanley. Tui would definitely be aware of him.

He did not receive any offer, supposedly because of not having the core GPA he needs. He was working on passing an algebra class.

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1168789

6. lawdogg

lawdogg Club Member Club Member

Thoughts, syko??? Seems like the staff may take a pass on him if grades have been an issue and he has to scrape to get in, but the guy seems legit and we definitely could use DL depth.

7. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

Offer him, for God's sake. I will tutor him in algebra if that is what it takes....

8. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Bring him in if grades are okay, if not, don't wast a scholly. CU needs 3-4 DT's in next years class, embree and staff know what they are doing.....

9. dyemeduke

dyemeduke Well-Known Member

...I like the class that Embree brought in, but I would have been fine if the staff decided to save schollies for next season. I don't think we really need to add to it except for a real quality dlineman or WR. Thomas seems to be that, and this guy seems more of a developing player. As always, give the staff the credit it deserves in determining whether or not to offer a guy, but I personally wouldn't...I would be surprised if we do. We have to have other guys we're interested in next year that are better.