What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 CA OG Marcus Martin (Signed to USC)

AZ seems pretty certain that Martin is no longer visiting this weekend. Rivals has also taken him off the visitor list. Scout has him, but they're missing others for no good reason.

I think we can call it and say that Martin decided not to visit CU.

This staff can't get anyone to visit, thanks hawk. You'd think they would at least be able to get these guys to come see Boulder. Me thinks joel klatt is full of BS.

You think there's a chance that Ringo knows something no one else does?

He published a Scout article today that described Martin as one of the six visitors (no mention of Jafus Gaines). Even chose a photo of Martin as the home page image for the story.

USC commit Marcus Martin is on campus. It would be a coup to convince him to switch allegiance at the last moment. Football program sources say it's extremely unlikely. Martin's visit is likely more about building relationships for the future. Martin's father is an influential person at Crenshaw High School in Los Angeles.

http://colorado.scout.com/2/1043607.html

You think there's a chance that Ringo knows something no one else does?

He published a Scout article today that described Martin as one of the six visitors (no mention of Jafus Gaines). Even chose a photo of Martin as the home page image for the story.

http://colorado.scout.com/2/1043607.html

Ringo's latest .... "I don't know that he definitely is on campus. I know he was supposed to be. He could have canceled the trip, but I haven't confirmed that he did"

Good luck to him, CU is set at the OL position, would have be nice to have him to add to the depth, and maybe Blacken can work on him, to get him to lose a couple of pounds.

I would love to snag this guy. Yeah we're set for O-Line this year... but after next year, we graduate a ton of guys. He should come in and challenge right away with his size, and after graduating a few linemen next year, he should get a strong look for a starting spot!

I dont understand all of these guys who have canceled there visits. Maybe you end up loving the place and committ and at worst you get a free trip out of it and get to see a different part of the country. And they must have been interested otherwise they wouldnt have scheduled a visit in the first place.

I dont understand all of these guys who have canceled there visits. Maybe you end up loving the place and committ and at worst you get a free trip out of it and get to see a different part of the country. And they must have been interested otherwise they wouldnt have scheduled a visit in the first place.

In some cases, the schools they are committed to will tell them that if they go for a visit, their scholarship offer will be pulled. Not saying that's what happened with USC, but that is a factor at times.

In some cases, the schools they are committed to will tell them that if they go for a visit, their scholarship offer will be pulled. Not saying that's what happened with USC, but that is a factor at times.

Ok but weve had 3 or 4 guys who were not committed elsewhere and still canceled.

I still don't see where these guys have cancelled. Loblaw has given the only physical evidence, so I guess we will know everything about what is going on once wednesday or even monday comes around.

you guys care to enlighten us as to what this cryptic stuff means?

It's not over until some school gets his signature in four days. Because MM is being cryptic, we are going all out and interpreting it as a sign of hope. Even a small liver of hope from a big guy like Marcus is worth holding on to.

you guys care to enlighten us as to what this cryptic stuff means?

Credible rumor that Martin did end up visiting. I'll hopefully know for sure today (or one of you will find the info first and post it).

Importantly, even if we don't get Martin, is that his dad is a guy who draws a lot of water around that Crenshaw program. This is an important relationship for us to build. I really want Marcus to be a Buff, though. He absolutely wrecked dudes on the camp circuit.

ny apologies, i thought martin was mixed or white. definitely could have been him if that last picture shown was correct.

Back