What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 CA PG T.J. Taylor (Signed to UC-Santa Barbara)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN

169109.jpg

Oakland H.S. (Oakland, CA)

AAU: Oakland Rebels

Ht: 5-foot-9
Wt: 160 lbs

Rivals rating: NR
Scout rating: 2*, unranked
ESPN rating: 1*- 79 grade; #121 PG

Reported Offers: Boise State, Portland State, San Diego State, San Francisco, Santa Clara, UC-Santa Barbara, Weber State

I don't care if he's somewhere between 5'8" and 5'10". This guy can ****ing ball and Boyle's offense will be exciting as hell if Taylor's in the lineup for us. He's deadly from outside, will take anyone off the dribble, and has incredible vision/handle/passing/court sense.

I'm extremely fired up about this prospect. Do yourself a favor and check out the 2 minute video:

[video=youtube;ycrWCZlM2AM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycrWCZlM2AM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycrWCZlM2AM[/video]

Cali High Sports has a great profile on Taylor. They rank him as the #12 prospect from the state of California this year. He was formerly a Santa Clara commit, but he has opened it back up and lists CU in his top 3.

Cali High Profile

Here's the concluding paragraph of Taylor's Cali High profile, but the whole thing is definitely worth the read:

"Taylor has the talent to play high level D-1 and be a major factor at the next level. He has great guard skills and is a fiery competitor. All the schools giving Taylor sincere interest are schools that haven't tasted NCAA tournament play recently but adding a guy like Taylor could help those schools end their playoff drought. You win games with guys like T.J Taylor."

I don't his outside shot at all, his point of release is way to low and he is going to get stuffed all the time by 6-3 guards that will be guarding him, unless he is wide open. He does a good job of taking contact with his body and still getting a shot off (Burks) and is super quick and has a nasty crossover. It will be interesting to see what happens if he grows at least 5 inches.

Release point's easy to change, tante. But even if he's releasing high, a 6'3" guard will still block his shot all day. I look at it as him being able to drill an open jumper on a pull up or kick out. Also, he's a true point guard. The accuracy from long range is going to force his defender to play up on him and very few guys will be quick enough to do that and not have him blow past them.

Anyway, I've said my piece. I'm usually opposed to recruiting under-sized basketball players at the level of competition that CU plays, but I see so much with this prospect that I'm going against my MO and am very high on him. I think he'd make a great Buff.

If he can take folks off the dribble, his height wont be much of an issue. He can get open looks because of it in several ways. He can go to the bucket, pull up, or just get an open look because defenders are worried about the drive. Ty Lawson type of point in other words.

Release point's easy to change, tante. But even if he's releasing high, a 6'3" guard will still block his shot all day. I look at it as him being able to drill an open jumper on a pull up or kick out. Also, he's a true point guard. The accuracy from long range is going to force his defender to play up on him and very few guys will be quick enough to do that and not have him blow past them.

Anyway, I've said my piece. I'm usually opposed to recruiting under-sized basketball players at the level of competition that CU plays, but I see so much with this prospect that I'm going against my MO and am very high on him. I think he'd make a great Buff.

I don't know if it is easy to change his release point, but I really can't argue that even if it is high, it will still get blocked. This guy seems like a TJ we saw a few years ago (TJ Ford) from Texas.

I don't know if it is easy to change his release point, but I really can't argue that even if it is high, it will still get blocked. This guy seems like a TJ we saw a few years ago (TJ Ford) from Texas.

Yeah, I'd have to agree that by the time you're a junior in HS, your shooting motion is generally your shooting motion. Sure, there are little tweaks you can make here and there, but the vast majority of players are going to stick with what they've developed. There are exceptions sure, but I think this kid's release point will stay the same.

I also agree on recruiting under-sized bball players. They better be really good in order to be worthy of a schollie. If I were a coach, I'd recruit 5'11" and up.

Back