What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 CA PG "The Mayor" Spencer Dinwiddie (Signed to Colorado)

Wait... CU signed the top player in LA this year? WTF? Tad must be selling the **** out of that new practice facility haha. I also think playing in the PAC-12 is paying off significantly already. Glad to have all the signees aboard, I am slowly warming up to the team without Burks, I think we will be ok.

Wait... CU signed the top player in LA this year? WTF? Tad must be selling the **** out of that new practice facility haha. I also think playing in the PAC-12 is paying off significantly already. Glad to have all the signees aboard, I am slowly warming up to the team without Burks, I think we will be ok.

city section, not the entire city. it's a division in LA. still impressive, but keep in mind that he he also had two teammates on the city-section 1st team, and two more on the 2nd team.

city section, not the entire city. it's a division in LA. still impressive, but keep in mind that he he also had two teammates on the city-section 1st team, and two more on the 2nd team.

Considering that he's a PG distributor whose job it is to make teammates better, I think it's a good sign that some teammates were also named. Taft always has sick talent, though.

Considering that he's a PG distributor whose job it is to make teammates better, I think it's a good sign that some teammates were also named. Taft always has sick talent, though.

I agree. If you read that article it's clear that the Taft coach sees Dinwiddie as the most importaint player on the team even with all of that other talent.

On a related note Kevin Johnson signed with Seton Hall.

Saw this blog entry from the LA Times posted on Rivals. Seems Mr. Dinwiddie put up some impressive numbers in a recent All-Star game:

LINK

Dinwiddie is a point guard who signed with Colorado, and he showed Saturday night at the Battle of the Valley just how good he has become. The City Section player of the year scored 27 points in the second half and finished with 32 points.

:thumbsup:

I think Spencer will be our starting PG this year. Skilled freshman are typically able to make an immediate impact in college basketball and I just wasn't very impressed with Tomlinson or Sharpe last year. Spencer was fairly highly rated, maybe the highest rated player CU has got since the inception of the recruting services and by all accounts is a mature kid and a polished PG. His length will also be an asset on the defensive side of the floor and with rebounding.

Starting backcourt of Dinwiddie and Booker to go along with a front line of Roberson, Dufault and Harris-Tunks?

Not likely.

My guess is:

1 - Spencer Dinwiddie
2 - Carlon Brown
3 - Jeremy Adams
4 - Austin Dufault
5 - Shane Harris-Tunks

With the high-energy 2nd unit that still can do some work on the boards:

1-2 - Nate Tomlinson
1-2 - Askia Booker
1-2 - Shannon Sharpe
4 - Andre Roberson
5 - Damiene Cain

I think the 5 who will finish most games is the starting group with Dre replacing Dufault.

You really think Dinwiddie will start as a frosh Nik?

I'm counting on it. As much as Nate is a team leader, Dinwiddie brings more to the table. If not from the first game, I believe he'll be the starter by the time Pac-12 play rolls around.

As an aside, how great does that starting lineup look if we've got Daniels in there and either Adams or Brown bringing punch as a 6th man?

Starting backcourt of Dinwiddie and Booker to go along with a front line of Roberson, Dufault and Harris-Tunks?

I think Carlton Brown and Jeremy Adams will have something to say about that.

Dont forget you have Cain coming in too.

I think we wont have any true superstars as we did last year (Burks and Higgins), but we will be very deep with good talent. This is a good recipe for a great team, if Boyle can make sure they all work together as a team, but I think many of you are right, it will be a reloading year, its hard to get a lot of consistant production out of a bunch of newbies. Next year and the year after are a whole different story.

As an aside, how great does that starting lineup look if we've got Daniels in there and either Adams or Brown bringing punch as a 6th man?

You dont think Daniels would take the Dinwiddie's spot? It seems that a backcourt of Daniels/Adams/Brown would be the group to go with, expecially down the stretch.

I think Carlton Brown and Jeremy Adams will have something to say about that.

Dont forget you have Cain coming in too.

I think we wont have any true superstars as we did last year (Burks and Higgins), but we will be very deep with good talent. This is a good recipe for a great team, if Boyle can make sure they all work together as a team, but I think many of you are right, it will be a reloading year, its hard to get a lot of consistant production out of a bunch of newbies. Next year and the year after are a whole different story.

This is why it is essential to this season that we get great Point Guard play. Nothing creates team chemistry like that can. My hopes for this season are resting on Spencer coming in and being everything I think he is. I honestly believe that he's going to be like North Carolina's Kendall Marshall but with a better shot.

You dont think Daniels would take the Dinwiddie's spot? It seems that a backcourt of Daniels/Adams/Brown would be the group to go with, expecially down the stretch.

Need a point guard. Especially at the end of games when defenses tighten up. It really hurt us last year and we ended up having to run clear outs instead of our offensive sets.

I hope you're right 'Nik. I think it'd be best for the team -- and Tomlinson -- if he were coming off the bench. I just know that PG is probably the hardest position to come in and play as a true frosh, so if Dinwiddie's able to do it, we're going to be a lot better than people expect.

This Daniels thing is going to drive me insane.

I hope you're right 'Nik. I think it'd be best for the team -- and Tomlinson -- if he were coming off the bench. I just know that PG is probably the hardest position to come in and play as a true frosh, so if Dinwiddie's able to do it, we're going to be a lot better than people expect.

This Daniels thing is going to drive me insane.

Don't forget about Sharpe.

I forgot about Brown, but I don't see Adams starting over Roberson

I think Adams is the scoring punch off the bench with Booker, Tomlinson and Cain paired with bigs Dufault, Tunks or Mills if we don't sign Silva.

I think Sharpe's days of significant minutes might be numbered.

I forgot about Brown, but I don't see Adams starting over Roberson

I think Adams is the scoring punch off the bench with Booker, Tomlinson and Cain paired with bigs Dufault, Tunks or Mills if we don't sign Silva.

I think Sharpe's days of significant minutes might be numbered.

Might depend on who we're playing. I'm actually expecting some variability to our starting lineup based on matchups. I don't think we've got the talent to just do our thing and dictate other than about half the non-conference schedule, so we'll have to use quality depth to mix things up and get teams out of what they want to do.

Might depend on who we're playing. I'm actually expecting some variability to our starting lineup based on matchups. I don't think we've got the talent to just do our thing and dictate other than about half the non-conference schedule, so we'll have to use quality depth to mix things up and get teams out of what they want to do.

I agree on variety, but I think Roberson's rebounding will be too valuable to this team. I see him and Brown being the leading minute guys next year with Brown being our leading scorer and Roberson being a 10+ a game rebound guy.

I agree on variety, but I think Roberson's rebounding will be too valuable to this team. I see him and Brown being the leading minute guys next year with Brown being our leading scorer and Roberson being a 10+ a game rebound guy.

Earlier today you wrote that you didn't even think that Brown would be in the starting lineup and now you have him as the team leader in minutes and points?

Now that nik listed our current depth chart I have to say, I am not as afraid as I was when Burks left. It will be tough for one person to step up and produce his kind of numbers, but I think that we have enough talented depth to keep guys fresh and run like we want to. Just about everyone on their is a legitimate scoring threat. Sharpe was showing glimpses last season of trusting his knee again, once that happens he will be much improved. And Nate can be a serious outside threat if he gets over whatever was bugging him this year. Two years ago under BZ he was able to hit the threes a few times again, thats all we need to keep the defenses from suffocating us inside. I wouldn't count us out of anything at this point. If we add daniels somehow, things could be very fun to watch our first year in the Pac-12

Now that nik listed our current depth chart I have to say, I am not as afraid as I was when Burks left. It will be tough for one person to step up and produce his kind of numbers, but I think that we have enough talented depth to keep guys fresh and run like we want to. Just about everyone on their is a legitimate scoring threat. Sharpe was showing glimpses last season of trusting his knee again, once that happens he will be much improved. And Nate can be a serious outside threat if he gets over whatever was bugging him this year. Two years ago under BZ he was able to hit the threes a few times again, thats all we need to keep the defenses from suffocating us inside. I wouldn't count us out of anything at this point. If we add daniels somehow, things could be very fun to watch our first year in the Pac-12

Committed to UConn. Let's hope that dyemeduke is right about him and we're better off picking up someone else or banking the scholarship.

Regardless, I do think we've got good pieces.

Back to Dinwiddie:

pribuff it's 9:46am-Player of the Year in Cali Spencer Dinwiddie walked into the office-going around campus-he's excited to be here.

Committed to UConn. Let's hope that dyemeduke is right about him and we're better off picking up someone else or banking the scholarship.

Regardless, I do think we've got good pieces.

Back to Dinwiddie:

pribuff it's 9:46am-Player of the Year in Cali Spencer Dinwiddie walked into the office-going around campus-he's excited to be here.
I think at this point we bank it.

I hope Dinwiddie knows that Buff Nation is excited he is here as well. I am looking forward to him picking up the offense quickly and giving us some solid play from the point.

I agree with this unless we can get Silva. For him I think we use it.

I agree. I think he gives us more offense from the post and allows us to redshirt Mills. Silva or someone like him makes sense to me.

I would rather go 10 deep and run the other team into the ground than go 7 deep and have guys getting 30+ minutes. We need to use the altitude to our advantage.

Back