What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 CA RB Malcolm Creer (Signed to Colorado)

We DEFINITELY take him. If he's only been playing football for 3 years and is a solid character guy as well as a talent like this, I'm sure there are many places he can fit on the football field where he will be successful.:thumbsup:

We take him.

+1. No brainer. We are going to have some room in this class even if we sign 17 or 18 in my opinion. I think we will see some guys leaving this Spring which will open more schollys. You get a guy like this to say yes, you take him.

+1. No brainer. We are going to have some room in this class even if we sign 17 or 18 in my opinion. I think we will see some guys leaving this Spring which will open more schollys. You get a guy like this to say yes, you take him.

I'm not trying to pick on anyone in particular, but just the overall sentiments that i don't get.

So...when it came to AMM, many were saying you didn't care about him, he's not that great, no top speed, we don't need RBs, etc.

Now...here you have a good kid, but he doesn't really have the production that AMM has. But, hey, he's showing CU some interest, so he has a lot of potential, his skill set is valuable, he can be used elsewhere...

I'm not trying to be a dick, even though what I just wrote may read like I am, but I think we need to call some of this for what it is. The staff is doing a great job, but they are reaching for some players. They are reaching for some players, because we need the bodies at certain positions. I'm not saying that guys like Creer don't have potential, but I for one do not consider kids like these must-gets. You sign a few of these under-the-radar/potential kids every class, but you don't overfill with them. I don't think the staff needs to oversign this class, regardless of attrition, because this class was supposed to be sub-par. It's coming together really nicely, but it wouldn't be acceptable next year.

dyemeduke,

The fact is, very few people were high on AAM besides you... even when we thought he'd be a 4*.

Dorian Brown, otoh, was liked by just about everyone. But when you've got a small class it's kind of hard to argue that the staff should take a risk on a RB who had season-ending knee surgery and will need at least a year to recover (best case).

Frankly, I like Creer's film better than either one of the in-state guys.

way better. AAM has glue feet.

Also - AAM's work ethics have been questioned for years... He was good as a freshman. Still good, not great.

Aam

Although he looked pretty good in his films, he was playing on a Mullen team that was BY FAR the most talented in the state. I mean, I think a lot of kids would look good playing behind the OL that they had.

This Creer kid helped take a 1-9 team into a semifinal team. He only ran the ball 120 times resulting in over 1200 yards (over 10 yards per carry) and 19 touchdowns. He also returned kicks and had one or two td's there. Also in one of the articles about him, it sounds like he was instrumental in the teaching aspect of the game to his teammates. I think that this guy (who has only played fb for 3 years) has more of an upside than AAM. IMO

I would have taken Dorian Brown in this class no questions asked. He is worth the risk IMO. I really hope we do not regret letting him go to Fort Collins.

AAM is just meh for me.

I'm not trying to pick on anyone in particular, but just the overall sentiments that i don't get.

So...when it came to AMM, many were saying you didn't care about him, he's not that great, no top speed, we don't need RBs, etc.

Now...here you have a good kid, but he doesn't really have the production that AMM has. But, hey, he's showing CU some interest, so he has a lot of potential, his skill set is valuable, he can be used elsewhere...

I'm not trying to be a dick, even though what I just wrote may read like I am, but I think we need to call some of this for what it is. The staff is doing a great job, but they are reaching for some players. They are reaching for some players, because we need the bodies at certain positions. I'm not saying that guys like Creer don't have potential, but I for one do not consider kids like these must-gets. You sign a few of these under-the-radar/potential kids every class, but you don't overfill with them. I don't think the staff needs to oversign this class, regardless of attrition, because this class was supposed to be sub-par. It's coming together really nicely, but it wouldn't be acceptable next year.

Dyemeduke, I did not take your response as being a dick at all. The shipped has sailed with AAM at this point and in all honesty, I would prefer Creer based on what I have seen on film. I am not a guru on recruiting, that is my opinion. Same as yours and worth just the same. Not a knock on AAM, but I was never sold on him. I hope he does well and proves me wrong because he seems like a decent kid. Hopefully we can land Creer and he is productive for CU.

Just my $0.02.

New Scout article on Creer: http://colorado.scout.com/2/1042432.html

896882.jpg

Creer said he hasn't decided when he will announce his decision. He said he will sit down with his mother and family and decide what school definitely fits him best.

Creer said he has a lot of respect for CU from an academic standpoint and that is a very big part of his decision. He was pleased to learn he could further his love of learning sign language at the school.

I've got a really good feeling about this one.

I see Creer as potentially a much more versitile, complete back than AAM. AAM is a classic power back, give him a seam and let him bang over somebody. I see Creer as being able to do some of that as well but also a better option to run plays that require a hard cut and change of direction. I also think he could be much more effective as a reciever and a more versitile blocker. Strangely enough, these were all things that Bienemy did in his playing days.

I think that for AAM to be effective the offense has to be designed for his skills, I see Creer as a guy who can fit into a more varied offense and compliment other guys.

No more visits scheduled.

Seems you are hinting he would forego signing with CU so that he might hold on and hope there's a post-signing-day development in Cornville? You are the poster child for NU and the arrogance we all hate.

I think he is saying if current NU RB commit Ameer Abdullah decommits for Auburn, they will offer Creer and he would potentially visit.

FWIW I think Creer ends up a 'Buff.

His film is fantastic. That somersault was incredible. Anyway, he seems to be a guy with NFL potential (not sure which position yet) with the right coaching. He looks to be a great addition to this small class, and a guy who will be competing for playing time (even is special teams) immediately. CU may give him the best early playing time chance, and that's big. CU will get to use the same "competition -- best guys play, even if they're frosh" for next year too...

He would be a great get for CU!

FWIW I think Creer ends up a 'Buff.

His film is fantastic. That somersault was incredible. Anyway, he seems to be a guy with NFL potential (not sure which position yet) with the right coaching. He looks to be a great addition to this small class, and a guy who will be competing for playing time (even is special teams) immediately. CU may give him the best early playing time chance, and that's big. CU will get to use the same "competition -- best guys play, even if they're frosh" for next year too...

He would be a great get for CU!

I hope you're right - now shut up and send Asiata and Nembot to CU where they belong! :duel2:

Back