What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 CA WR Devin Lucien (Signed to UCLA)

Ok so you have two guys trying to convince you that their school is better then the other. One of the guys own son goes to the other guys school. That wouldnt make you a little skeptical? Not to mention the other things I wrote earlier. Especially as someone from so-cal who as you mentioned might already prefer to be close to home. Im not saying that this is the reason someone would choose not to go to CU, but we are going to be going against UCLA for many players and I do think these things matter.

Don't you think that a potential recruit would be more impressed by the fact that several of our current coaches left jobs in the freaking NFL to come here? Do you really our current staff is so bad at recruiting that they do not know how to turn these things into positives? Do you really think that they would have Richardson show a kid around if they thought there was any chance he would not state a huge preference for Colorado?

C'mon. The one thing that is not an unknown about these guys is their recruiting skill. I really don't think that they would not have proactively considered how to address every point you make, plus many, many more.

Here's the counter:

"My own kid goes to UCLA and that place sucks compared to CU. He so wishes he was here. Heck, EB and I left this place for UCLA because we thought it was going to be better. Man were we wrong. We couldn't wait to dump out of there and so we went and waited it out in the NFL until we could come home to paradise again. Ask P-Rich, that guy was there for a few months. Time to get away from your 'hood boys and experience the paradise that is Boulder.

Plus, who knows who will be coaching UCLA in a year or two?"

Last edited:
If you want an excercise in frustration try to figure out how an 18 year old kid makes his decisions.

We try to figure out the logic and reason and often their is very little logic and less reason involved. It can come down to a girl the guy likes, the color of the jersey, a promise of a uniform number or an assistant coaches favorite musical group.

Bottom line is that we want the best kids to come to CU, other schools feel the same way, nobody gets everybody they want but the teams that win consistently get a bigger percentage.

I have no doubt that JE and EB can recruit with anyone in the country, give them the time to work the kids, their coaches, and their parents and we will start seeing other schools getting upset with the Buffs for taking "their" kids. When we start winning some big games on TV and going to bowl games then the momentum will be ours. Even then we won't get everybody but we will get enough that we don't worry as much as we are now about the ones we don't.

^^
Yep, I'd posted a link to a story where Todd Peat says he finally decided on the nubs because he saw a Nebraska license plate and took it as a sign. I got the feeling he would have really liked it if someone else made the perfect decision for him so he didn't have to worry about it.

^^
Yep, I'd posted a link to a story where Todd Peat says he finally decided on the nubs because he saw a Nebraska license plate and took it as a sign. I got the feeling he would have really liked it if someone else made the perfect decision for him so he didn't have to worry about it.

There's this very interesting psychological aspect to making decisions. Multitudes of studies have shown that people, in fact, do not like choice. Sure, it's good to have the option, but it also comes with a lot of burden and responsibility. Those with very little choice tend to be happier.

A weird concept for us, given that we are American, but nonetheless a valid one. These kids have their choice of 80+ schools to attend (of the 4* and 5* talent). All they have to do is show interest.

There's this very interesting psychological aspect to making decisions. Multitudes of studies have shown that people, in fact, do not like choice. Sure, it's good to have the option, but it also comes with a lot of burden and responsibility. Those with very little choice tend to be happier.

A weird concept for us, given that we are American, but nonetheless a valid one. These kids have their choice of 80+ schools to attend (of the 4* and 5* talent). All they have to do is show interest.

Big mistake, guitar hero is gonna get fired. I hardly think this was all his choice.

May have been the rap department after all.....

I guess Devin has been studying hard at "ethnomusicology".... Man, we need that class here.

Pretty interesting free read over at Rivals that really puts in light some of the recruiting advantages UCLA has in SoCal.

Saw that he tweeted after the game Saturday....saying he is done......due to limited playing time.

No brainer if there's room.

If you can add a WR who has shown he can give you 20-30 catches at a high ypc in the Pac-12 (who also gives you a recruiting "in" at Crespi), you make that happen.

Back