What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 CA WR Michael Thomas

One of the recruiting sites shows him visiting oregano state in mid Jan. If that actually occured, someone must believe his academics are okay.

"I finished this season with 82 catches, 1756 yards, and 22 touchdowns," Thomas said. "This year was a coming out for me."
Rivals, Jan. 4, 2011

Things can change quickly, especially after LOI day, but on Feb. 1 he had these offers:
Oregon State, Colorado, Houston, Wyoming and Colorado State.

He said he was also interested in Arizona State, UCLA and Syracuse.

806170.jpg

Whatever it is, somethin's up with this guy or he wouldn't be sitting on the shelf right now. What's weird to me is that 1) no one seems to know what it is, or 2) no one is saying.

The point is that nobody knows what the deal is so it is all speculation right now. What we do know is that in general there are things that can delay a kid getting cleared to qualify that have nothing to do with his actual qualifications. High Schools can lose or delay sending the appropriate records or the records can lack the required information resulting in delays. I don't even want to go into the ability of the NCAA offices to screw things up or delay things.

If there was a legitimate reason to think that this kid actually was deficient in the classroom and not going to qualify then he would have already been signed to the Bill Snyder express at some Juco.

Whatever it is, somethin's up with this guy or he wouldn't be sitting on the shelf right now. What's weird to me is that 1) no one seems to know what it is, or 2) no one is saying.

Dood, if our coaches are in on this and they know he is a legitimate qualifier, do you think they want to publish that and have any other school get interested?

Thomas reached out to our guys. If things work out, he'll be a buff. Thank goodness Emburrito and the staff know when to keep something relatively quiet.

Dood, if our coaches are in on this and they know he is a legitimate qualifier, do you think they want to publish that and have any other school get interested?

Thomas reached out to our guys. If things work out, he'll be a buff. Thank goodness Emburrito and the staff know when to keep something relatively quiet.

If they keep it quiet, then we losers will have nothing to do but waste our time speculating....

Simplest explanation is he was late getting cleared - for whatever reason - so hasn't taken official visits yet and like any right-minded kid wants to do that before making a decision.

Let's hope that's the case.

Call Me a creeper but woodson greer posted Thomas's highlights on sherrard harringtons wall and they were talking about how. he was "nice" and they were gonna "rap to him" and "Get Him here" looks like Embo and his staff arent the only recruiters we have on board.

Call Me a creeper but woodson greer posted Thomas's highlights on sherrard harringtons wall and they were talking about how. he was "nice" and they were gonna "rap to him" and "Get Him here" looks like Embo and his staff arent the only recruiters we have on board.

Definitely creepy, but solid research nonetheless. We need more of this.

Rep to you, sir. :smile2:

Okay, you're a creeper.

But a damned productive one!

If he's that good, sign him, enough with all this BS......

They are probably working with admissions to get the paperwork done (assuming he's going to be a buff.) And regrettably, some of those lazy-***** folks don't think they should work 24-7 on Superbowl weekend. Lame.*

If this is going to happen, I'm betting before Weds. this week.

*humor attempt. Please use sarcasm glasses.

They are probably working with admissions to get the paperwork done (assuming he's going to be a buff.) And regrettably, some of those lazy-***** folks don't think they should work 24-7 on Superbowl weekend. Lame.*

If this is going to happen, I'm betting before Weds. this week.
Do we need to sic Nik on Independence Community College again? 'Cause we will if we have to!!! :lol:

I haven't read this entire thread. But this was posted on Rivals:

02/01/2011 Rivals.com Football RecruitingFour-star wide receiver Michael Thomas probably will not sign with a school on National Signing Day because of a recent death in his family.

I haven't read this entire thread. But this was posted on Rivals:

02/01/2011 Rivals.com Football RecruitingFour-star wide receiver Michael Thomas probably will not sign with a school on National Signing Day because of a recent death in his family.

Yes, it was his grandmother. He might have canceled some visits because of it, and certainly didn't return some calls, pretty much dropping off the grid. Sounded like he was close to her, and he was very much focused on his family and the loss early this year. Understandably so.

Michael Thomas will be visiting next monday feb 14th. He loves colorado. He really wants to be on the other side of p rich. This is looking good if grades and everything plays out

Michael Thomas will be visiting next monday feb 14th. He loves colorado. He really wants to be on the other side of p rich. This is looking good if grades and everything plays out

Hope he is not a lonely valentine. :lol:

I like to hear this kind of news!

This would be a huge addition to the recruiting class. We need playmakers and competition.

Awesome. What are the chances on his grades?

I don't believe it was ever a grades issue. That was speculation that had no basis in anything. He had a confusing transcript since he started at one high school, did a home school year, and then finished at a different high school. I heard that he didn't take his ACT/SAT until late in the process and the NCAA won't let you go on visits until you have that wrapped up, but I don't know if that report was credible.

Assuming that they've been able to weed through his transcripts and confirm that all the core coursework he needs to get through the NCAA Clearinghouse is in place... Assuming that he's also got a qualifying test score.... Thomas may very well be a Buff next week.

I guess we got lucky on this one knock on wood. How did he do at the UAAA game

Blew people away and made a bunch of acrobatic catches. If you go back through the posts in this thread, there are a few links to it.

Back