What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 CA WR Michael Thomas

Nik- I believe you must have already cleared with NCAA prior to a visit. No?

don't know if that is true, but the new CU academics advisory board sure wouldn't clear a visit with someone they didn't think would pass the clearinghouse.

Nik- I believe you must have already cleared with NCAA prior to a visit. No?

The NCAA doesn't clear until after the school signs someone and submits the paperwork.

What is required prior to an official visit is that the prospect has submitted to the college his official transcript and an official SAT or ACT score.

With Thomas, the most likely explanation for his delay is difficulty pulling his transcripts together (2 high schools + a home schooling year) and that he didn't take his test until after the fall semester. Then, he had the family issue. Throw that stuff together with being a late developer who had absolutely no junior year stats or film and it's easy to see how a kid like this could be available this late as an absolute steal to this recruiting class.

As far as the CU academic advisory, it is still just advisory. Embree is listening to them, but he's making he call.

pray1.gif

If nothing else, we seem to be catching major breaks in WR recruiting lately.

If nothing else, we seem to be catching major breaks in WR recruiting lately.

Yes, we do seem to get lucky. Although it is sad that next year there is a good chance that not a single starting WR will have signed with CU first.

JK above. I really would love to see this kid come to CU and screw ESPN!

I like this class already, think there are a couple of guys who can make an impact immediately, but he'd be a very nice addition in an area of need.

The NCAA doesn't clear until after the school signs someone and submits the paperwork.

What is required prior to an official visit is that the prospect has submitted to the college his official transcript and an official SAT....

Looked it up and to take an official visit he must have initial clearance from the NCAA clearinghouse that includes submitted transcripts AND ACT/SAT score. After he signs, they then do the official approval and validate them.

Looked it up and to take an official visit he must have initial clearance from the NCAA clearinghouse that includes submitted transcripts AND ACT/SAT score. After he signs, they then do the official approval and validate them.

I didn't realized that NCAA had to pre-approve the visit. I just thought the school had to have the paperwork in order to avoid an NCAA violation. Thanks. I learned something today.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:
The only reason I knew was because my daughter couldn't take her visits until May as the NCAA LOST her paperwork, despite already having a bunch of academic schollys in hand.

Point is that the clearinghouse almost certainly was the delay. Could have been a late application, missing transcript, retake of a test, human error, etc. Etc. The OSU visit did not happen. Will be interesting to see how many schools still have interest.

Very cryptic....perhaps you mean DFW will not receive the 2-4 inches of snow that is forecast? Or, TBD is not hanging around here any longer, like he promised months ago? Or, Gateway will join a Trojan board and spare all of us? Or, all of these fusker MFers will move on? What is it?

Feb 7th update from Rivals:

Unsigned Star
Michael Thomas, Taft WR

Thomas was perhaps the City Section's most prolific pass catcher this past season, hauling in 86 passes for 1,656 yards and 21 touchdowns. The performance really came out of nowhere, as Thomas didn't catch a single pass as a junior. Thomas is the definition of a late-bloomer, and because of it, his recruiting got off to a much later start than most. He's still unsigned, with offers from Colorado, Oregon State and Wyoming sitting on the table. The four-star athlete could pick up offers from larger schools with schools with scholarships remaining and will likely be a hot commodity in the coming weeks. Oregon, North Carolina and USC are reportedly interested.​

... The OSU visit did not happen.....

Ah, I've been wondering if scout's info was correct. Thanx for the clarification

Feb 7th update from Rivals: ....He's still unsigned, with offers from Colorado, Oregon State and Wyoming sitting on the table. The four-star athlete could pick up offers from larger schools with schools with scholarships remaining and will likely be a hot commodity in the coming weeks. Oregon, North Carolina and USC are reportedly interested.

Screw those idots who arrived late to the party! We've been showin' the love a lot longer than they have.

This may not be happening.

:Tantrum: :gate:

Just talked to my source, it looks like it might not happen on the 14th. but could not be closed.
"they have to pan out the numbers first then set something up" "as of now they have another meeting tommorrow.. "

This sucks becasue I really want him

Just talked to my source, it looks like it might not happen on the 14th. but could not be closed.
"they have to pan out the numbers first then set something up" "as of now they have another meeting tommorrow.. "

I do too.

I re-watched the highlights I posted (#4 or so in this thread if any of you haven't watched) earlier tonight and this kid has great hands. What's surprising is that the more I watch him, the more what at first looked a little awkward to me is actually really great burst that's getting him quick separation from people trying to cover or tackle him. To me, this is a guy who has everything you'd want from a WR other than him not being a track star. He's only going to get better and he has shown a tremendous work ethic to become a good football player. I see Marques Simas when I watch Thomas, only with the ability to make someone miss in the open field and a willingness to run every route.

What are the "numbers" that you are reffering too, and who is meeting tommorrow?

Unconfirmed chatter that Thomas has signed with a junior college.

Rep to whomever can find a link.

Thomas did NOT sign Juco. That was someone else says RIP at Rivals. RIP/facebook stalkers are also continuing to say he's super excited about visiting CU.

Thomas did NOT sign Juco. That was someone else says RIP at Rivals. RIP/facebook stalkers are also continuing to say he's super excited about visiting CU.

Thanks, Snow.

He may not be the only WR/Athlete type we add if he's still on track, either.

Back