1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'11 CO ATH Jess Roberson

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive' started by Buffnik, May 13, 2010.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Rivals
    Scout
    ESPN

[​IMG]
    Pine Creek H.S. (Colorado Springs, CO)

Ht: 6-foot-3
    Wt: 233 lbs
    40: 4.87 secs

Rivals rating:
    Scout rating:
    ESPN rating:

Reported Offers:

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Rivals had a very good article on Roberson:

"I've visited Boulder three times so far and I am going to go to their Elite Camp," Roberson said. "When I was up there, I really liked it. All my cousins have gone there on academic stuff and they liked it. When I was up there I really liked the exerpeicence and loved CU. I would love to go there."

Roberson said the Buffs are interested in him as a linebacker and a tight end, but could also see him playing tackle if he gains more weight.

CU is his clear favorite and we'd be in great shape if we offered. It will be interesting to see if Roberson earns an offer at the CU Elite camp this summer. At the very least, he is on the radar and the Buffs will be closely watching his development as a senior.

More on Roberson in this Allbuffs thread: http://www.allbuffs.com/showthread.php/46929-Photo-Challenge

He also made Scout's 2011 Receiver Watch List for Colorado (they still don't have a profile for him, though):

Jess Roberson 6-3 225 Pine Creek High School

In a run first, run often offense, Roberson, a tight end, still managed 13 receptions and four scores while averaging 18 yards a catch. The All-State performer uses his background as a top wrestler to be a very strong blocker.

3. AlferdJasper

AlferdJasper Well-Known Member

FWIW, that Pro-CU article was originally on the Rivals CSU site. Which makes his comments all the more interesting. (IMO Lacock's a good, fair writer, nice to see he didn't put in a slant.)

Colorado Springs Athlete getting more attention

4. AlferdJasper

Rivals (non premium)
    Roberson has Three Visits in Mind

5. AlferdJasper

New Rivals article on the Colorado Preps site reiterates his interest and camp schedule: