What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 CO DE Treyben Letlow (Verbal to CSU-Pueblo)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN

091810_haydenfb1_t620.jpg

022110_treyben_2_t640.jpg

Hayden H.S. (Hayden, CO)

Ht: 6-foot-4
Wt: 235 lbs
40:

Rivals rating: not in database
Scout rating: NR OLB
ESPN rating: not in database

Reported Offers:

Last edited by a moderator:
As a junior Letlow won the Colorado 2A state wrestling championship at 215 lbs, going 36-0 on the season.

In track & field, he posted a 26.85 in the 200m and a 37'10" triple jump.

http://coloradoprepreport.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?Style=2&SID=1011&fid=633&tid=137021075

Lots of message board chatter has popped up. Through 4 games this season, Letlow has 87 tackles. An all-around athlete, he is also averaging 45 yards a punt.

Supposedly, Oklahoma has discovered him and has invited him to Norman for an official visit during the weekend of the OSU game.

(FYI - Hayden, CO is in between Craig and Steamboat on the 40.)

I put him as a DE, but he may be an OLB. Would probably play Beatty's LIZ linebacker hybrid position.

Hat off to this kid. That is an impressive record and seems like he has some skill. I sure we offer him quick and he loves Colorado enough to stay in state. Honestly this sounds like a type of athlete that can develop and be very special. His intensity in those pictures alone would be enough for me to recruit him.

I really hope that OU doesn't come in out backyard and steal another recruit away that comes back to haunt us at some point.

Scout has added an initial profile for Letlow.

They have also written a pretty good article:

Letlow made the nearly four-hour drive to Boulder last week to watch Colorado defeat Georgia. He is being recruited by the Buffs but doesn't hold any Division I scholarship offers yet. Utah, Wyoming and Northern Colorado also are actively recruiting him, with Wyoming showing the most interest to this point... Colorado began talking with Letlow during his junior year.

"He lives in the weight room," [coach Shawn] Baumgartner said. "He was the only kid that I had come in during two-a-days and he would ask for the key to the weight room and lift between practices."

Read more...

There's something about this kid, his name, his attitude, his fierce victory photos that just screams:

I'm gonna play Sundays.

I surely hope we ARE recruiting him and glad to hear he came for the GA game. What a thrill that must be for a high school player to be around that win!

Caught this nice bit off the High School Rivals site:

And as for Treyben Letlow at Hayden, his brother informed me that he is still getting looks from OU but treyben wants to stay close to home. From what his brother tells me it is probably down between Utah and CU. I think he will probably end up at CU when it is all said and done.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

http://coloradoprepreport.rivals.co...&tid=137302963&mid=137302963&sid=1011&style=2

Interesting thread about Colorado prepsters and where they are playing college ball.

Rivals has a profile up on Letlow.

Adam Munsterteiger of BuffStampede has an article on Treyben. Couple of highlights:

Treyben Letlow might be the best prep football player in Colorado you've never heard of.

The 6-foot-4.5, 220-pounder is averaging more than 17 tackles per game this season for Hayden High School, which is located 30 miles west of Steamboat Springs on the Western Slope.

Through eight games, Letlow has recorded a total of 137 stops and two sacks.
Letlow has been on Colorado's radar since his junior year. He recently took an unofficial visit to Boulder to watch the Buffaloes' game against Georgia. Wyoming, Utah and CSU-Pueblo have also shown recruiting interest.
more: http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1145735

update on Rivals

Says he is willing and interested in walking-on at CU, but ...

"I got one official at CSU-Pueblo. I might try and get an official visit to Wyoming. CSU offered me a walk-on and I've been trying to get a hold of CU." Letlow is definitely considering taking the walk-on role.
"I don't really know. I wouldn't mind walking-on but getting a scholarship would be better. I feel like I have to prove myself so I am fine with that."

Was leading the state in tackling at one point last season.

1045724.jpg

Certainly worth giving him an opportunity to walk on. At 6'4" 220lbs if you get him on a strength and conditioning program and he is willing to put in the work I think he could really help the team out a few years from now.

Curious why CU wouldn't invite him to walk on?

Certainly worth giving him an opportunity to walk on. At 6'4" 220lbs if you get him on a strength and conditioning program and he is willing to put in the work I think he could really help the team out a few years from now.

Curious why CU wouldn't invite him to walk on?

Maybe the new coaches don't know who he is? Too focused on recruiting profiles (and small school kids rarely have much written about them.) I hope this was a momentary blip and doesn't indicate that they aren't examining all options, or having too many calls screened. I know one problem (from other HS players saying this), some schools make it clear who their recruiting coordinator is, so they can call/email that person and tell them the situation. We haven't had one listed for a long, long time, and the coaching upheaval may also mean prospects are having a hard time knowing who to contact.

Just a possibility. See here? no recruiting coordinator listed.

Treyben is a fierce competitor. Would really like to see him get a shot.

No news on the football front, but Letlow remains undefeated this wrestling season. Still no word if CU has been in contact ...

Steamboat Pilot, Jan. 24:
Letlow, Domson shine for Hayden wrestling at event

Senior 215-pounder Treyben Letlow went undefeated again, winning all five of his matches to stay perfect on the season.

As a junior, Letlow went 36-0 last year and won the Class 2A state championship at 215 pounds.

Crickets.

He has some small-school offers, but is wisely waiting to see if other schools lose a top recruit and come knocking at the last minute. Give him credit: Treyben Letlow is a patient guy.

Rivals Colorado Prep
Letlow is going to wait as long as possible before making a final decision. "I want to make it right before signing day. Maybe when some other recruits start signing that is when I might get a scholarship."

PWO perhaps?

He was already quoted as saying he loves CU and would consider walking on, but has not been able to reach anyone. This is why I keep bumping the thread. I am astounded that we haven't been all over this kid for a number of reasons.

Come one, Treyben, don't give up. The guys are new, but they'll figure it out shortly.

Verbal commitment to CSU-Pueblo.
Said had preferred walk-on spots to CSU and Wyoming, but got a scholarship from CSU-Pueblo.

Verbal commitment to CSU-Pueblo.
Said had preferred walk-on spots to CSU and Wyoming, but got a scholarship from CSU-Pueblo.

Good enough source that I can update his profile (or a link)?

I know we are closing out the 2011 recruit profiles, especially those athletes who aren't coming to CU. But wanted to wish Treyben Letlow a great career at CSU Pueblo. There's quite a few former Buffs on the coaching staff, and keep hearing good things about the program. I'm sure we'll hear good things about Treyben over the next few years -- and all I can say is, wish he'd be in Boulder, but at least we aren't playing against him and asking "how did we let him get away?"

Just a quick update on his other sport, wrestling. After winning state title last year, as a junior, Treyben won his class again (pinning his opponent) at the state wrestling tournament this weekend. Had a perfect 33-0 season, and won his last 71 matches straight. Pretty amazing statistic.

Steamboat Today story
http://www.steamboattoday.com/news/2011/feb/20/haydens-letlow-takes-2nd-state-title/

“I had a great run,” Letlow said. “That’s all I could really ask for.”

022011_wrestling3_t640.jpg

I'm sure we'll be seeing him light it up in the UFC some day, unless he can beat the football odds.

Back