What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 CO OLB Leilon Willingham (Signed to Central Florida)

It would be quickly forgotten if he played well and would even turn into a positive story and message to future recruits from the state of CO if we would have taken him back. He could talk to kids from CO. and say the grass looks greener down in Florida but it sure isn't all it cracked up to be.

It would be quickly forgotten if he played well and would even turn into a positive story and message to future recruits from the state of CO if we would have taken him back. He could talk to kids from CO. and say the grass looks greener down in Florida but it sure isn't all it cracked up to be.

I am sure he would have been welcome to walk on, and prove he deserves the spot.

Clemons transferred his junior year from michigan because of a issue with the coach. I do not recall if he originally held a CU offer.
Clemons picked UM over Colorado. We were in it for him.

Richardson signed because of an issue in LA that got cleared up. Was a very good prospect coming out of high school and I do not believe CU originally had a shot.
PRich got caught stealing a purse and got kicked out of UCLA. We got a visit from him and definitely had a shot. I believe he liked Kiesau a lot. If there was ever an example to use in your argument, PRich would be it.

Willingham had us in his top two, his parents urged him to go to CU, he talked us up, and then picked up the UCF hat. He chose C-USA over the Pac-12. He chose a non AQ school over an AQ school. He was the local star that looked like he would chose CU and then didnt. It would be awkward. Lots of the kids on the team I am sure would remember that.

I don't see the difference. I'm just fussy like that.

Last edited:
Someone needs to advise Leilon that he should send his HS video to more coaches. UNC is not good enough for him. Still shaking my head that he went to UCF and now UNC more head shaking. Maybe his girlfriend attends UNC.

I would have taken him at CU and let him Redshirt and sit this year to give him 3 to play 3.
I am surprised CSU didn't make this same offer.

I hope the in state kids that blow off CU read this story. The grass is rarely greener on the other side.

Also, are highly rated Colorado kids, generally, over rated? Or is the Colorado percentage of failure the same as the national?

Last edited:
I hope the in state kids that blow off CU read this story. The grass is rarely greener on the other side.

Also, are highly rated Colorado kids, generally, over rated? Or is the Colorado percentage of failure the same as the national?

I don't think that Colorado kids are over-rated.

My theory (which could be horribly wrong) is that Colorado kids don't experience high school football in the same type of pressure cooker environment that you see in other states. They don't do as many camps. They don't do the real competitive 7-on-7 tourneys. They don't study their playbooks year round. They don't have expectations placed on them that they'll be in training during the entire offseason and should avoid long family vacations. They don't play the level of competition where every guy at the 5A level is good enough to at least play at a small college and the backups in their own programs are at least that good and pushing them. They don't play HS games in front of thousands of fans every week. They aren't local and state celebrities. Due to all this, I don't think they're always as prepared for what performing at a BCS level means. Some don't adjust well, either having problems or realizing that they don't love football any more if that's what it is.

Back