What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 CO OLB Leilon Willingham (Signed to Central Florida)

I disagree. It's like the pretty girl across the room at a dance, who you've never seen before. It's possible to be intrigued at first meeting.

I'm not saying this *CAN'T* happen but these kids are probably looking at location, academics, opportunity, etc, and it just becomes a long road to hoe after these guys have planted seeds year after year. It would be nice if this kid was a Buff fan growing up, or if Logan could put in a good world for Embree... I don't know if any of these things are happening though. We'll see. My fingers are crossed. I think a good LB could come in day 1 and crack this lineup and play as a true freshman. I hope Leilon is that guy.

The other schools have done their courting. The school with the new coaches is the most interesting at this point.

Sticking to my pro-buffs' attitude. Hell or high water.

Leilon will be a Buff. FACT.

Can't tell if your being sarcastic or not...but there are faint rumors that LW will be a Sun Devil ( by faint I mean unsubstantiated claims from random Internet dude). Anyone hearing anything?

It just occurred to me that the longer we go without a commitment from him, the better our chances may be. If Logan was right, and we got in on him pretty late, maybe he's considering CU.

Perhaps I'm just trying to find something positive to cling to until we hear where he's going. There were supposedly a bunch of rumors about him going to ASU, but that hasn't happened yet.

Aggie.

Confirmed by several outlets.

I guess his cousin (Mister Jones) got to him over Christmas.

Still a long time before NSD.

Long time til signing day. I hope we see some of these great recruiters start doing something in january. This dead period isn't helping. Why in the hell aren't these kids jumping to play at colorado with this great staff?

CU's staff isn't any better than any other pac-12 school, and they have only had a few weeks. LW has probably known the ATM staff for 2 years. Next years class will be competitive.

Long time til signing day. I hope we see some of these great recruiters start doing something in january. This dead period isn't helping. Why in the hell aren't these kids jumping to play at colorado with this great staff?

Mister Jones was considered a lock for the Buffs, only to have the suck known as Dan Hawkins run him out of state and from his mother who was dealing with illness. He comes back to screw us again on this deal.

Looks like we're going to have to toe this road the hard way. No easy, cheap buzz getting us in the door with some of the better prospects. Sucks.

Mister Jones was considered a lock for the Buffs, only to have the suck known as Dan Hawkins run him out of state and from his mother who was dealing with illness. He comes back to screw us again on this deal.

Looks like we're going to have to toe this road the hard way. No easy, cheap buzz getting us in the door with some of the better prospects. Sucks.
wrong.... grades were a MAJOR part of it

TAMU? Yuck.

Home we can pull him somehow... but good luck to him if we can't.

Would have loves him to be a Buff but not a surprise when he has probably been communicating with the aTm staff for 1-2 years where Embree has had 3 weeks?

Would have loves him to be a Buff but not a surprise when he has probably been communicating with the aTm staff for 1-2 years where Embree has had 3 weeks?

So cabral hasn't had time to talk to him the last 2-3 years? Everyone talks about how great these recruiters are, we'll find out in january but more likely next season.

Yea but would you want to commit to a team not knowing who the staff will be when you get there? Will the guy who recruited him be there still? There's a lot of factors in whether a kid commits. Not everyone is a die hard buff fan like us.

So cabral hasn't had time to talk to him the last 2-3 years? Everyone talks about how great these recruiters are, we'll find out in january but more likely next season.

Cabral probably was not responsible for recruiting him and even if he was my guess is that the uncertainty surrounding the program for more than a year had a lot to do with the lack of committment to the Buff program and his building a stronger relationship with the TAMU coaches. Cannot really blame him. We will see if the staff can turn him starting next week.

Cabral probably was not responsible for recruiting him and even if he was my guess is that the uncertainty surrounding the program for more than a year had a lot to do with the lack of committment to the Buff program and his building a stronger relationship with the TAMU coaches. Cannot really blame him. We will see if the staff can turn him starting next week.

LB coach not responsible for recruiting top LB in state? Um, okay. Recruits Know hawkins is gone, that should be enough right there to know the crap football is over.

LB coach not responsible for recruiting top LB in state? Um, okay. Recruits Know hawkins is gone, that should be enough right there to know the crap football is over.

Not saying that he had not had contact with him, but CO was not his recruiting area. Also, as of CSU or Toledo last year (take your pick), the kid had no idea who would be the HC let alone the LB coach. Bad situation that is going to result in kids lost, this will not be lost in the future.

As for your thoughts on the crap being over, you and I are die hard Buff fans and see things a bit differently than I am guessing an 18 year old kids would. These kids see a program that has been down and a new staff. 3 weeeks to be exposed to the new staff, a dead period, staff not totally finalized, questions and unknowns. All do not play in CU's favor. Will it get better? Yes. Will we steal some kids? Yes. But just because you and I think the crap is over does not mean crap to these kids. This is a relationship business and we are very much behind.

Back