What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 CO QB Brock Berglund (Signed to Kansas)

Early offers from Minnesota, Utah, Kansas and CSU. The CSU offer is only a verbal offer though.

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1061907

Picked up a 5th offer (Kansas State).

Plans to make unofficials to all 5 this summer, make a decision by September, and possibly be a December graduate / early enrollee.

One thing I found very interesting is what Utah is now telling recruits: "They said they might be joining the PAC-10 in a couple years," related Berglund.

Hmmm.

I don't think he is a QB you offer without seeing him throw in person. I also think he has something to prove at the 4A level this season because 3A competition in Colorado is pretty weak.

Also, I think people are going a bit overboard after our failures in-state during the 2010 cycle and the bad press that came with it (including the Post article that highlighted players that got little to no love from CU). It made me mad as well, but it seems like most think we need to offer every possible BCS prospect in the state and we need to be first. Always. Just do agree.

Also, I think people are going a bit overboard after our failures in-state during the 2010 cycle and the bad press that came with it (including the Post article that highlighted players that got little to no love from CU). It made me mad as well, but it seems like most think we need to offer every possible BCS prospect in the state and we need to be first. Always. Just do agree.
I did not look at it this way. I may be a little guilty of this myself. Not so much about every BCS kid but you know.

I still haven't seen any film on him :sad1:

I'm probably like VA, I don't want them to offer every decent looking prospect in the state, but maybe a little more than usual would be nice. Bergland mostly excites me because of how he talks in the interviews and how he built a champion at his school, outplaying Hinder in the big game also doesn't hurt.

Brock did not make it to CU for junior day. It conflicted with a track meet. He will reschedule.

That goes a long way toward explaining why CU hasn't offered. They're going to want to see him in person.

For what its worth, the kid was booted from Valor's basketball team and although he has put his best face forward in interviews and at the camps he has attended, there are some questions about his character.....He has a hole year to mature though and I would hope the buffs end up offering him.

Brock's got upcoming visits scheduled to Minnesota and UCLA. It sounds like he's just developing options for himself in case CU does not offer him. We'll see what happens on April 5th when he finally visits. But I'd like to get him committed early. BB and I disagree on Berglund, but I think he's a great prospect we don't want to lose. And I believe it also helps a lot with your in-state recruiting when you have the top in-state QB committed early since it is such a high profile position.

Scout article

Berglund has been to Boulder on many occasions but he is scheduled to spend a good part of his day with coach Dan Hawkins and other members of the staff when he visits on April 5.

"I just want to get a chance to see where they're at with me," Berglund said. "We'll see what happens. They might offer. They might not.

"I've been up to CU a lot obviously because I live an hour away. But I'll get to see the campus again and maybe parts of the campus that I haven't seen as a fan and more as a prospective student."

Berglund said he has strong feelings about Colorado, but the primary reason he is making an effort to visit a lot of other programs is to make sure he finds the school, campus and overall environment that is best for him outside of football.

"I've always grown up a Buff fan, living in Colorado for 17 years," Berglund said. "If they're interested in me, I'm definitely interested in them. I mean, that has been my philosophy with all the schools that have offered me, but CU has always been a place that I've liked, and we'll just see how it goes on that day. I'm obviously very interested."

I think Valor is going to turn into a powerhouse that recruits the best kids from all over the area like Mullen does. Lets get the doors open early and put ourselves in position to pick the players we want each year out of there.

I think Valor is going to turn into a powerhouse that recruits the best kids from all over the area like Mullen does. Lets get the doors open early and put ourselves in position to pick the players we want each year out of there.

:yeahthat:

from my house i can see the clock tower at valor... the facilities are amazing...they may be a powerhouse by next year

:yeahthat:

from my house i can see the clock tower at valor... the facilities are amazing...they may be a powerhouse by next year

If you can see it from your house, you're definitely an expert.

SarahPalin.jpg

:lol:

Should be interesting to see if CU offers when he visits in a few days. That article doesn't read like the others, I think he's ours to lose if we offer. What other QB prospects are we even waiting on? Hundley and Dexter Foreman? I also think it wouldn't hurt to take 2 QBs this cycle. After Cody graduates this year we'll only have Hansen and Hirschman on scholarship, with Lobato in the mix.

So he's supposed to visit CU today, is he going to throw the pigskin around so the coaches can see him throw in person? Or is this more of a visit and chit chat with the coaches?

So he's supposed to visit CU today, is he going to throw the pigskin around so the coaches can see him throw in person? Or is this more of a visit and chit chat with the coaches?

Don't know. I'm hoping we offer, though.

I don't believe that is permitted. CU coaches can't put him thru an evaluation on any visit, official or unofficial.

I don't believe that is permitted. CU coaches can't put him thru an evaluation on any visit, official or unofficial.

I believe you're right. They can weigh and measure him, but they can't skill test him unless it's a camp. I don't know this for sure, though.

Coaches (and spectators) could get a glimpse of him at any camps, combines, or Valor's passing league games over the summer.

Oh ok, I was assuming he had already been to a bunch of camps.

I guess this all just speculation too, have they ever said they want to see him throw in person? Maybe they were just waiting for him to visit to offer.

http://colorado.scout.com/2/961494.html

We didn't offer Berglund this week. His visit went great, though, and an offer's probably coming soon.

Not in the article, but CU coaches are supposed to be taking a look at Berglund during the spring evaluation period that's coming up in recruiting. They can stop by Valor to watch him throw. I'd expect that he'll see a Buff offer very soon.

Kiesau stopped by Valor Christian over the weekend, was lucky enough to catch Brock doing some throwing, and Berglund now has a CU offer.

:woot:

Don't expect an immediate commitment, because he wants to see other schools and enjoy the recruiting process. But he reiterated that CU is his dream school.

http://colorado.scout.com/2/967634.html

Brock also got his initial rating from Scout: 3* and the #27 QB prospect in the nation.

Back