What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 CO RB Adonis Ameen-Moore (Verbal to Syracuse)

They had that nice run in the late 90s, but that was over a decade ago. And CU's back were just as good in the 1990s. We actually had a Heisman winner at RB. Advantage to the Nubs on the running ability of its QBs back in the day, but we still had Hagan and that doesn't impact AMM anyway.

For the 2000s, I'll take Colorado's 5 main guys (Chris Brown, Bobby Purify, Lawrence Vickers, Hugh Charles and Rodney Stewart) over Nebraska's 5 main guys (Jammal Lord, Roy Helu, Dahrran Diedrick, Cory Ross and Marlon Lucky). Seriously, Adonis needs to get himself some better information.

There's not a whole lot of difference in those 5, pending the type of Offense they are in. Scary part of that is you are using NU's worst teams in 40 years for comparison purposes. NU has always had quality backs. Conversely, Backs are really only as good as their Line so who really knows.

Adonis' teammate:
RB Josh Ford - the former Mullen standout left the state as a PWO for Kansas State last year but injured his wrist during summer 7-on-7s and never enrolled. He will take a couple courses at a Kansas junior college and then enroll at CU as a late-qualifying freshman (5 years to play 4). Ford told Rivals that he would recruit Mullen for CU: "If I can get into CU I am going to try to get Adonis and all those other guys at Mullen to come up to CU so we can help get the program back to the top," Ford said. "We need to stay in-state."

Adonis' teammate:
RB Josh Ford - the former Mullen standout left the state as a PWO for Kansas State last year but injured his wrist during summer 7-on-7s and never enrolled. He will take a couple courses at a Kansas junior college and then enroll at CU as a late-qualifying freshman (5 years to play 4). Ford told Rivals that he would recruit Mullen for CU: "If I can get into CU I am going to try to get Adonis and all those other guys at Mullen to come up to CU so we can help get the program back to the top," Ford said. "We need to stay in-state."
didnt he say that in december

I don't see this going our way at all. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I can see this guy committing soon if he gets offered by the Huskers/Huskies. :cry:

I doubt we get this guy but I wanna try and watch him alot this fall. I want to come up for the Georgia game hopefully, maybe I can come a day early and catch a Mullen game. One of you guys that went there would have to help me with where to go cause I have no idea where it is. Like the pic BB, Hank Gathers, loved watching those guys play. I remember games when they would put up like 140, fun to watch.

I want to come up for the Georgia game hopefully, maybe I can come a day early and catch a Mullen game. One of you guys that went there would have to help me with where to go cause I have no idea where it is. Like the pic BB, Hank Gathers, loved watching those guys play. I remember games when they would put up like 140, fun to watch.

Be glad to get you to a game.

If it's a home game

Lowell is in between Sheridan and Federal Boulevard on the west side of Denver (streets are alphabetical, Federal going west: Federal Boulevard (3000 W), Grove, Hooker, Irving, Julian, Knox Court (3450 W), King, Lowell Boulevard (3600 W), Meade, Newton, Osceola, Patton Court (3950 W), Perry, Quitman, Raleigh, Stuart, Tennyson, Utica, Vrain, Winona Court (4700 W), Wolff, Xavier, Yates, Zenobia, then Sheridan Boulevard (5200 W).
Mullen's campus is just south of Hampden, which is a big street and is also Highway 285.

So, tell us where you are coming from and we can get you to either Sheridan and 285 (then go east on 285/Hampden to Lowell) or Federal and 285, or I-25 and 285 (and go west on 285/Hampden to Lowell.)
Easy to find, as are most high schools in Denver and surrounding area. Or use this address: 3601 S Lowell Blvd and mapquest it. Mullen has an impressive football stadium, so once you get there, you should have no trouble following signs to parking lot and finding the appropriate place to sit.

This all presumes it's a home game for Mullen, we don't know the schedule yet for HS games.
School colors are dark blue and gold, if you want to fit in. There's no reason you can't rock some CU gear, but avoid talking to recruits if you do so.
arvada_west_mullen_%28chsaa_5a_playoffs%29_boys_football_thumbnail.jpg

lol thank you for all the info. I know their colors, seen them on tv, not in person. Only recruit i have spoke with is around here and I know his family a little so that wouldnt be a problem. How big is their stadium? Biggest high school stadium ive played in, at least by how much it seated, was Ratliff. Played in non hs stadiums that were huge but Ratliff was the biggest hs one.

adam from rivals said that AAM's favorite changes every single week. i'm not saying he doesn't like washington and knebraska but i wouldn't take his comments very seriously.

From the Mullen handbook:

facilities include
… the Spirit Center – a cutting-edge classroom/physical fitness facility, the Hutchison Field House – a 1300-seat performance gymnasium/classroom complex, Brother Bernard Stadium – a 6,500 seat stadium with the all-weather Vince Greco Track, Bill Swift Baseball Field – a modern baseball park with grandstand seating, and Scavuzzo Softball Field, as well as an auxiliary gymnasium, soccer and lacrosse fields, tennis courts, and ample student and visitor parking. Practice fields and a park area complete the campus and provide a restful, rural atmosphere.

It's not as huge as Texas HS stadiums I've seen - that rival many colleges - but for a Denver high school, it's pretty large. Most of the larger stadiums in the area are "all-city stadiums" where an entire district uses one main stadium as the home field, but Mullen's is just for their sports, so it's pretty good size.

adam from rivals said that AAM's favorite changes every single week. i'm not saying he doesn't like washington and knebraska but i wouldn't take his comments very seriously.

Well that's a plus. Unfortunately I haven't seen him mention CU as one of those favorites..

Well that's a plus. Unfortunately I haven't seen him mention CU as one of those favorites..

yup, our recruiting isn't going to magically turn around unless we win a bunch of games this year. really sucks because there is a ton of in state talent this year.

The Mullen guys are savvy enough to know that if you seem to be locking in on the in-state school early that out-of-state programs discount you. I'm not putting much stock in what those guys are saying at this point. They're all just collecting offers.

I actually think we are going to land Adonis.

6500 hundred is pretty good size for a high school. Texas is just a different story, Ratliff can seat 10 to 20 thousand. Midland Lee comes to town, closer to 20. Id like to check it out, sounds fun.

From the Mullen handbook:

facilities include

It's not as huge as Texas HS stadiums I've seen - that rival many colleges - but for a Denver high school, it's pretty large. Most of the larger stadiums in the area are "all-city stadiums" where an entire district uses one main stadium as the home field, but Mullen's is just for their sports, so it's pretty good size.
Vince Greco is a tool. Thant is all.

Dude...come on...seriously???? First...Greco hasn't worked for the school in over 10 years, and 2nd he was a GREAT guy who did a LOT of good things both for the school and elsewhere around the community.

Back