What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 CO RB Adonis Ameen-Moore (Verbal to Syracuse)

Adonis attended Monday's practice along with Mullen teammates Leilon Willingham and Connor Healy. :thumbsup:

Also picked up a Northwestern offer to go with CSU and CU. Yet he lists Washington and Nebraska as his top choices, without offers.

This kid wants to leave the state bad from what I can see.

Also picked up a Northwestern offer to go with CSU and CU. Yet he lists Washington and Nebraska as his top choices, without offers.

This kid wants to leave the state bad from what I can see.

I think if NU was going to offer, they would have by now. There is concern about his speed and his size. What if he out grows his position? Where do you play him?

Watch both Dorian Brown and Adonis play this year (Although Thompson Valley was brutal last year) and you will see who the best back and D1 propspect is.

I am not just saying this because Ameen Moore has favorites other than CU, but Brown is bigger and faster than AM. He runs just as hard but is more of a big play threat.

AM will have his choice of colleges and for good reason: he is Demetrius Sumler, but with more power......That said, I would be more upset if the Buffs miss out on Brown rather than AM.

It's looking highly unlikely that Adonis will be a Buff.

In the latest Scout update article (June 9th):

One school that he says he’s not considering highly is Colorado. “They don’t run the ball enough for me,” he said. “A Dan Hawkins offense is more about passing and I want to be in a situation where they run.”

It's looking highly unlikely that Adonis will be a Buff.

In the latest Scout update article (June 9th):

One school that he says he’s not considering highly is Colorado. “They don’t run the ball enough for me,” he said. “A Dan Hawkins offense is more about passing and I want to be in a situation where they run.”

Thanks Hawk.

14er -- without going into detail, AAM is still considering CU, the coaches are still recruiting him heavily, he's very open to leaving the state but not set on it, and he'll probably take a long time to commit.

Our biggest obstacle is that his#1 factor is PT as a true frosh. We can't offer that.

Sorry guys. I was talking about Adonis and the question was about the LW interview. Oops.

Buffnik is talking about Ameen-Moore, whom I give about a 5% chance of ending up in Boulder.

You're absolutely correct on Willingham. If he ends up in Boulder, he will play as a true freshman. 14er, LW did not have too much to say about his favorites, just that those teams were standing out. He will take visits and the process will drag out for a while.

I guess I'm even more confused about why we couldn't offer AAM immediate playing time.

I guess I'm even more confused about why we couldn't offer AAM immediate playing time.

Speedy and Lockridge will be seniors. Then we have this year's freshman class. Probably a couple of those guys (Tony Jones and Clark) will see time this year, maybe Trea Jones will even see time. The combo of a couple experienced seniors and a large freshman RB class is not a depth chart that looks favorable for a guy looking to play right away. JMO, although a coaching change makes things a lot different.

Speedy and Lockridge will be seniors. Then we have this year's freshman class. Probably a couple of those guys (Tony Jones and Clark) will see time this year, maybe Trea Jones will even see time. The combo of a couple experienced seniors and a large freshman RB class is not a depth chart that looks favorable for a guy looking to play right away. JMO, although a coaching change makes things a lot different.
Things seem really cloudy at the RB spot. I know Speedy is the man, no question there. I just don't know after that. I'm pretty excited to see Clark out there. Hopefully the coaching staff doesn't **** themselves with this one.

Things seem really cloudy at the RB spot. I know Speedy is the man, no question there. I just don't know after that. I'm pretty excited to see Clark out there. Hopefully the coaching staff doesn't **** themselves with this one.

I agree. To be honest, it gets really interesting after Speedy, not sure who else we have. Hopefully we get some freshmen to step up, we need them to in a big way. I like Tony Jones and Clark quite a bit, bu you never know. We seemed set for a while at RB just a couple seasons ago.

I like Clark too, he definitely has size that we dont currently have at the position. Watching his clips, he definitely finishes his runs and that was a pretty strange offense.

RB is one of those positions where you really need to have 3-4 guys that you can depend on. Injuries happen a lot to running backs. If AAM wants playing time, there's nothing that should keep that from happening here. He'll get his shot if he comes here.

The depth chart will look different soon enough. Of the 4 freshmen RB's, 1-2 will be on defense in a hurry. The others will be spread across 2 classes - with immediate playing time. My guess is two will be SOPHs and 1 will be a RS Freshman next year (or reverse that).

one interesting point will be where Quick Hildreth and Ford (walkons) end up at. I never saw a lot of difference between Ford and Adonis in the games I watched on TV.

Adonis was at the first practice under an open invitation to be an unofficial visitor when he can make it up to Boulder.

CU may have also benefited from CSU recruiting. The Rams have accepted verbals from 2 RBs already this cycle and that was the position on their roster that already had the most depth. Considering Adonis's desire to play early, I have trouble seeing him as the 3rd RB in a non-BCS recruiting class.

Other notable offers are from Kansas State, Syracuse, Northwestern and Utah. I think the Orange may be the #1 competitor here.

He's going to want to see the Buffs win this year. He's going to want to see us run the ball effectively. He's going to want to see 1 or 2 of our freshmen RBs move to defense. But I actually think we're in decent shape after being really discouraged. I think that Josh Ford leaving KSU for CU helped out quite a bit here.

Hey nik, it seems D. Brown has passed aam in rankings. Which one, in your opinion, is the better back or fit for CU? Do you think we could land both?

Sent from my ADR6300

Hey nik, it seems D. Brown has passed aam in rankings. Which one, in your opinion, is the better back or fit for CU? Do you think we could land both?

Sent from my ADR6300

Everyone from fans to scouts over-hyped Adonis and now are going way too far the other way, imo. I've always been high on him and I believe he can come in and be a great running back for CU. He reminds me of LenDale White, but with a better work ethic. What I'd like to see from Adonis is for him to slim down to the 215-220 lb range and show off his feet/quickness as a senior.

Dorian Brown is built like a brick ****house and is very explosive. I'm high on him, but I actually see him as a linebacker. I believe he could be truly special as an ILB with Cabral coaching him.

I do believe we've got a chance at both. Gonna be hard and I know that RB is not a position of focus this recruiting cycle (WR and LB are top priorities). We'll take great players, though, and both Adonis and Dorian seem to be looked at that way by CU staffers.

Everyone from fans to scouts over-hyped Adonis and now are going way too far the other way, imo. I've always been high on him and I believe he can come in and be a great running back for CU. He reminds me of LenDale White, but with a better work ethic. What I'd like to see from Adonis is for him to slim down to the 215-220 lb range and show off his feet/quickness as a senior.
Guilty.

I agree with Nik. He's going to be good, just not the superstar that I was hyping way back when. :lol:

In the end I think that Adonis is heading out of state. Just a hunch.

I'm also curious. Have you - or anyone else - seen them play (vs. watching highlight vids)? I've only seen the vids and to be honest it's pretty hard sometimes to separate the individual from the team around them.

I'm also curious. Have you - or anyone else - seen them play (vs. watching highlight vids)? I've only seen the vids and to be honest it's pretty hard sometimes to separate the individual from the team around them.

I've seen Adonis play. I've only seen Dorian on highlights.

I'll try to get out this year and watch them both. Nothing compares to being at a live game and seeing a guy up close to judge whether he's a star or not.

Sidenote:

I want to beef up the AllBuffs coverage of Colorado high school preps. If anyone attends any high school football games this year, please post a game report in the Recruiting Forum. Be great to hear about teams and individual players (including underclassmen to keep an eye on).

Dorian Brown is built like a brick ****house and is very explosive. I'm high on him, but I actually see him as a linebacker. I believe he could be truly special as an ILB with Cabral coaching him.

I do believe we've got a chance at both. Gonna be hard and I know that RB is not a position of focus this recruiting cycle (WR and LB are top priorities). We'll take great players, though, and both Adonis and Dorian seem to be looked at that way by CU staffers.

Saw Lendale White up close and personal several times during his last couple years at Chatfield. Shoddy work ethic and all, he was a much better prospect that AAM. JMO. I am not a hater, I just do not see quality college RB in AAM. I doubt it really matters in the end, I agree with valdez that he is headed out of state. Northwestern might actually be the leader.

As far as Dorian Brown, I think he is a dynamite prospect that could play either RB or LB and excel, but I agree LB might be the best position for him in the end. Getting him and Willingham for LB in this class would be great.

Running back or whatever he will be, I hope we get Dorian. Only seen clips of him but I definitely liked what I saw. Seen Adonis on tv several times and he would be a good get as well but imho Id rather have Dorian, even at the rb position. Perfect place for Adonis is Wisconsin, they run alot and have alot of bigger backs.

I'd like to see Hawkins focus on getting us some bigger backs. I like the kids we have now, but we need someone like Adonis to work in short yardage situations. I hope Cordary Allen can get some PT this year. We may need him.

This is not over. And Josh Ford is working on his Mullen guys, so ... well, I always bet the longshot. But it ain't over until it's over.

If you watched our offense in the spring, it's hard for me to visualize him in this offense. Just saying.

Back