What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 CO RB Dorian Brown (Signed to Colorado State)

Dorian still hasn't picked up additional offers and I have no idea why not. Let's hope he stays under the radar and competition stays to a minimum. This kid is a stud.

Here's his 2009 highlight video:

[video=youtube;4asUZa_VFek]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4asUZa_VFek"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4asUZa_VFek[/video]

Dorian Brown is out for the Season

The CU prospect and Thompson Valley standout tore his ACL in a pre-season scrimmage against Centaurus.

http://www.reporterherald.com/Sports-Story.asp?ID=29328

“I’ll get the surgery, try to recover, go on my official visits and try to sign early and graduate (from TVHS) early,” said Brown, who broke the news Wednesday to coaches at interested schools such as Oregon, Colorado and Colorado State. “I’d like to rehabilitate with the (college) team and get a lot better treatment. We’ll see what happens.

“When it happened, I heard it pop, and I thought, ‘Aw, I blew out my knee.’ But I walked off and thought, well, it’s not that bad. Next day, it was swollen up, huge.”

If I'm in charge of things at CU, I still recruit him hard. Worst case scenario is that he ends up at linebacker after redshirting.

The only two guys in the state I consider must-gets are Willingham and Brown. Anyone else is a bonus.

The only two guys in the state I consider must-gets are Willingham and Brown. Anyone else is a bonus.

I put Berglund & Austin in that group. I want those 4 + Daigh and I'd consider it a great in-state year.

Bummer for him, why do you guys say LB is in his future? He looks great at RB to me.

I was the one who said LB.

I'm with you, White. I think he looks like he'll be a tremendous RB. We should recruit him as a RB. What I'm saying is that the worst case as I see it is that the ACL may make it so that he ends up at LB. Either way, we win. I expect him to come back from this and be a RB, though.

I put Berglund & Austin in that group. I want those 4 + Daigh and I'd consider it a great in-state year.

Although I think we may need to temper our expectations this year, I am hoping for the following: Berglund, Willingham, Brown, and Yarbrough. I think those kids would make a great in-state class. After that, I like Daigh, AMM, and Vickers. I don't think we ever really had a chance with Austin. I really think Yarbrough may be the best out of this year's class.

I hope we stay with Brown, because it seems that kids like programs that stick with them through injuries.

I was the one who said LB.

I'm with you, White. I think he looks like he'll be a tremendous RB. We should recruit him as a RB. What I'm saying is that the worst case as I see it is that the ACL may make it so that he ends up at LB. Either way, we win. I expect him to come back from this and be a RB, though.

Ah gotcha. I think I saw some other people posting in his thread that he would be a good LB. Hopefully he makes a full recovery and doesn't have to move!

Damnit, I hate to hear that for him. Acl's are serious but they arent the death sentence they used to be. The surgery and the rehab is light years ahead of where it used to be. We need him so I hope we still get him.

I don't think we're going to get a commitment from Dorian. We have only offered a grayshirt opportunity and he's visiting CSU on 9/23. They are willing to put him on scholarship immediately and let him rehab for a year and a half with the team.

I don't think we're going to get a commitment from Dorian. We have only offered a grayshirt opportunity and he's visiting CSU on 9/23. They are willing to put him on scholarship immediately and let him rehab for a year and a half with the team.
Well that isnt good news, at least not for us.

Big mistake. Oh well.

Here's the latest that's being whispered:

Dorian is most likely going to be a Buff. He wants to play in a BCS conference. UCLA was the wildcard in this, but they pulled back after the injury and are no longer recruiting him. CU does want Dorian to accept a grayshirt. It makes sense for a couple reasons. From the CU standpoint, we've got 3 RBs that are likely to redshirt and be freshmen next year. With the small 2011 class size, we'd really like to be able to skip the RB position this cycle. From Dorian's standpoint, he would be missing the 2011 season anyway as he rehabbed his knee. Why burn a redshirt when he doesn't have to? He can come into CU in January of 2012, be in the same position he otherwise would have been in, but still have a redshirt year available in case he gets injured again.

P.S. I merged the Dorian Brown injury thread into here.

Nice! I must say, probably a good move by the coaches to stand firm on the grayshirt so long as they still get him.

Does this mean none of the freshman RBs are going to be moved? I figured 2 of them would be moved for sure and RB would be a little bit of a priority this class, but if none move I suppose not.

Here's the latest that's being whispered:

Dorian is most likely going to be a Buff. He wants to play in a BCS conference. UCLA was the wildcard in this, but they pulled back after the injury and are no longer recruiting him. CU does want Dorian to accept a grayshirt. It makes sense for a couple reasons. From the CU standpoint, we've got 3 RBs that are likely to redshirt and be freshmen next year. With the small 2011 class size, we'd really like to be able to skip the RB position this cycle. From Dorian's standpoint, he would be missing the 2011 season anyway as he rehabbed his knee. Why burn a redshirt when he doesn't have to? He can come into CU in January of 2012, be in the same position he otherwise would have been in, but still have a redshirt year available in case he gets injured again.

P.S. I merged the Dorian Brown injury thread into here.
Well thats better news, hope it comes to pass. Good work man.

Sounds like the latest update is he probably commits to CSU in a couple weeks. He is graduating in December and does not want to wait an entire year to enter college.

Sounds like the latest update is he probably commits to CSU in a couple weeks. He is graduating in December and does not want to wait an entire year to enter college.

Yeah. I caught that. Sucks. But the situation remains fluid until NSD. Our new coach may decide to build the wall around the state in his first class and offer more than a grayshirt opportunity. Makes sense to me to do that if the prognosis is that he'll be able to practice by the fall.

people can always switch positions. You offer this kid a scholarship if that's what it takes to keep him. He's not just a RB, but he's a football player. If some of our freshmen RBs work out, they can move around positions too. I think it's dumb not to offer Brown. We're sort of beggars right now, and we can't be so picky with highly regarded players.

We undersign every f**king year - what the hell are we saving these schollies for...Alex Turbow?? The kid looks lilke a baller, offer him a ride. This is stupid.

I think this is the kind of kid that has the potential to haunt us in rivalry games. Especially if we don't get much better over the next few years.

We undersign every f**king year - what the hell are we saving these schollies for...Alex Turbow?? The kid looks lilke a baller, offer him a ride. This is stupid.

This. I get that RB might not be a huge need, but when a guy with the kind of potential Dorian Brown has, you make room for him. Hopefully the next coaching staff isn't as stupid as the current one and goes after guys like this as hard as they can.

Brown is visiting CSU this weekend.

Let's hope that Idaho puts a whipping on them.

Rivals is showing a CSU verbal as of 9/23. But there's nothing reported even on the Ramnation board. I expected the verbal to CSU this weekend, so it wouldn't surprise me if we've got some confirmation soon.

Long time until NSD, though.

Rivals is showing a CSU verbal as of 9/23. But there's nothing reported even on the Ramnation board. I expected the verbal to CSU this weekend, so it wouldn't surprise me if we've got some confirmation soon.

Long time until NSD, though.

according to a poster on Ramnation-

He is going to be an early enrollee and is doing that so he can rehab
with a D1 training staff. If he delays his enrollment you are risking
improper rehab that could lead to issues down the road.

Im not saying that if both CU and CSU offered the traditional
scholarship that things would have been different, but CU was offering
a grey shirt and the kid wanted to rehab under an NCAA medical program.

Back