What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 CO RB Dorian Brown (Signed to Colorado State)

I just don't understand why the **** you don't offer this kid a full scholarship...he's more than worth it. He's an athlete and a great football player. We've stood by injuries before, so why not him? He has the potential to overtake some of the current three RBs, and even if he doesn't, there's always the room for moving kids to other positions...

why, why, why the **** aren't we offering him a scholarship for this next year? This is so moronic.

I actually see the other side of this one even though I'm really high on Brown and would like us to sign him.

But if we take a step back, we are talking about a 3* player whose only other offer is CSU, who plays a position we aren't really recruiting this cycle since we're redshirting 3 freshman RBs from the 2010 class, and who may be getting caught in a numbers game since we will only have about 15 scholarships available this cycle.

I like Brown so much that I will disagree with the CU coaches on this one, but I can definitely see their side of things. As I posted earlier, a grayshirt solves all the problems from the CU side and also helps Brown since he wouldn't be forced to burn his redshirt during an injury-recovery year.

Well, cu won't fire hawk until the end of the season so it will be too late to get any quality recruits in here anyway.

I agree - whereas some don't think he was worth the schollie...I'd have gladly taken him. I wouldn't have taken both him and AMM, but one of the two was definitely worth the schollie - both powerful football players.

Back