1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'11 CO TE J.D. Henry (Verbal to Sioux Falls)

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive' started by Duff Man, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Rivals
    Scout
    ESPN

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Chaparral H.S. (Parker, CO)

Ht: 6-foot-5
    Wt: 215 lbs
    40: 4.56 secs

Rivals: NR
    Scout: 2*; #84 TE
    ESPN: 3*-75 grade; #58 TE

Reported Offers:

2. Duff Man

I like this kid on film. Hope we offer.

3. Dunken

Dunken Member

Man 6'5" & 215lbs and still growing, I need to check this kid out next yr. We need his size

4. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

He looks like a jumbo

5. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Henry will be attending the CU Junior Day this weekend. Should be a CU lock, but he's going to look around. Grew up a Buff fan and his brother went to CU, but:

"I love the program. I love everything about Boulder, but with the coaching staff they have right now, I just don't see them going anywhere," he said. "That's my only problem with CU."

He goes on to say that his plan is to visit as many places as he can, collect as many offers as he can, and maybe wait until National Signing Day. He says he respects Hawkins and Riddle, just wants to see serious improvement from CU this fall.

We better land him. One of my favorite in-state prospects. As Boulder Buff said, he looks good on film. Also, he's got great wheels for a Tight End to go along with good general athleticism:

"Henry is participating in track this spring. He runs the 4x100 and 4x200 relays and is throwing the discus for the first time after being recruited to do so by his school's track coach.

While Henry will likely play tight end at the college level, he possesses sprinter's speed, having clocked a 10.8-second 100 meters."

http://colorado.scout.com/2/950987.html

6. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

Ouch. We really need to win some games this year. Yikes.

This is obviously a make or break year for Hawk but it is looking more and more like a make or break year for the program. 2 awful recruiting years in a row would be devastating. I'm a bit scared.

7. Duff Man

Glad to see we are serious are pursuing him. I am with Buffnik on this one, he is one of my favorite in-state prospects.

8. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

10.8 100m dash. We need this guy. That's fast. The guy will project to be a nasty TE (or could move just about anywhere on the DL/LB). Wow.

9. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Hopefully it's all a mute point by next signing day, but something about those two statements doesn't add up. Either the first quote is a bit out of context, or there is something else he said that led to the second statement. Either way, just win or make a change and hopefully that particular problem solves itself...

10. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Win or make a change and he should be ours. Agreed again. Stupid football forum, making me agree with Junc.

Junction likes this.
  11. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

I figure he was just trying to save face. Probably regretted saying the first statement so he was hoping to throw in that second one so he doesn't piss off the coaches days before he heads to their camp.

12. TuffBuff32

TuffBuff32 Member

Finally a recruit who isn't bull****ting the recruiting sites and saying he loves everyone and all this junk. it seems like every article I read about recruits and their impressions of schools is like they are all terrific. that being said I still like this kid. He's just honest.

13. Buffnik

2009 highlights:

[video=youtube;TC9jhi8l9N0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC9jhi8l9N0&feature[/video]

Through 3 games in 2010, J.D. has 7 catches for 123 yards and 2 touchdowns. Against Mullen last week, he hauled in 3 for 50 yards.

14. AlferdJasper

AlferdJasper Well-Known Member

2010 Highlights are up:

[video=youtube;-8n_QbhC87c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8n_QbhC87c[/video]

[video=youtube;kZP_JHskC5Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZP_JHskC5Y[/video]

15. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

I had a chance to see him workout with him today and the kid has a great work ethic and works out hard in the weight room. He was working on his speed and strength. He'd be a great pickup for the Buffs.

16. Buffnik

Thanks for the 1st hand insight, tg.

I'll definitely trust Embo's judgment on TEs, but I've always been high on Henry (even when others were saying lower division prospect).

17. Quattro

I see him there a lot so if I see anything big I'll let y'all know.

18. AlferdJasper

AlferdJasper Well-Known Member

According to Scout, JD Henry has given a verbal commitment to University of Sioux Falls.

Sioux Falls was this year's runner up in the NAIA championship, has previously won four NAIA championships and next season, is moving to DII football.

19. Quattro

Good for him. He's a laid back kid. Best of luck.