What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 CO TE Joe Kawulok (Signed to CSU)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN

190293.jpg

Monarch H.S. (Louisville, CO)

Ht: 6-foot-6
Wt: 210 lbs
40: 4.72 secs

Rivals rating: 3*-5.5rr; unranked weakside DE
Scout rating: 3*; #30 TE
ESPN rating: 3*-77 grade; #49 TE

Reported Offers: Colorado State, New Mexico, San Diego State, SMU, Utah

Kawulok will likely end up being ranked as one of the Top 10 in-state prospects for the 2011 cycle. CU may not have much of a shot here, though. He's got older brothers, I believe, who have played at SDSU and CSU.

I went to the Monarch homecoming game last night. Kawulok is tall and athletic with a frame that can hold a lot more size. Monarch played a lot of 3-4 with him in an upright outside LB position much of the night. He looked very mechanical, not smooth or comfortable, and exhibited a lot of difficulty getting free from blocks on run plays. Outside of a couple of QB pressures he was largely average. He also plays tight end but doesn't get a lot of notice due to Monarch's use of the double wing. He is a strong, quick blocker and a very good receiver on the 1-2 occasions that Monarch actually passes. He was the sealing block on several good runs and caught a long TD. I think he is much better suited for TE than DE and may actually be a Solder type conversion to tackle if he can be persuaded to play O in college.

Any chance that Jon Embree and J.D. Brookhart can get Kawulok to re-consider?

We could use some more TE talent and probably have to look at a few guys that would fit our new offense and he looks like he could be a good fit.

Understand that he probably is leaning pretty strong with CSU but their coaching turmoil and the loss of BYU, Utah, and TCU from the conference might create an opening.

Kawulok was about as much of a 2011 lock for CSU as Norgard will be for CU in 2012.

I believe big Joe is set on playing DE @ CSU. After watching him play for 3 years, I truly feel he could be the next Tony Berti if anyone could convince him to change positions. I think his frame is too big to stick at TE in the long run.

I believe big Joe is set on playing DE @ CSU. After watching him play for 3 years, I truly feel he could be the next Tony Berti if anyone could convince him to change positions. I think his frame is too big to stick at TE in the long run.

Sackman disagrees with you and sees him as a natural TE

Saw Joe the other night, he has his arm in a sling and an immobilizing block strapping it to his side. Not sure if he had surgery but it definitely looks like it will keep him out of the weight room for a while.

Back