What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#11 CU v #3 Baylor - March 17th, 6.40pm MT - NCAA Tournament 3rd Round Game Thread

4b2008ca-5c75-51b9.jpg

I hope somebody tells Baylor that even if they do win, they still won't get an invite to the Pac 12.

I haven't seen Baylor play. How do we stack up? What are their strengths and weaknesses

Strengths:

Murder
Domestic Abuse
Libel and Slander
Copying Oregon's uniforms about two years too late

Weakness:

Honesty
Integrity
Living in a town that doesn't make you want to blow your brains out

I haven't seen Baylor play. How do we stack up? What are their strengths and weaknesses

They're big, they're strong, they're athletic. Honestly, they're kind of a match-up nightmare. But they're icnonsistent and insane. Jones & Acy are beasts up front, but their guards can be rattled. If we pressure them, and control the game (sound familiar?), we can win.

Colorado
Offense

Colorado
Defense

Baylor
Offense

Baylor
Defense

D1
Average

eFG%
49.4%
46.7%
52.6%
47.4%
49.0%
Turnover %
19.5%
18.5%
20.6%
21.4%
20.3%
Off. Reb %
29.4%
28.3%
37.8%
32.6%
32.1%
FTA/FGA
36.5%
31.64%

ColoradoBaylorD1 Avg
Off Eff.102.8115.8100.9
Def Eff.92.992.5100.9
Pace65.866.366.2

Wow, I've seen at least 4 people here in the small town that I live in California with Colorado Gear on! It's been awhile! Go Buffs!

They're big, they're strong, they're athletic. Honestly, they're kind of a match-up nightmare. But they're icnonsistent and insane. Jones & Acy are beasts up front, but their guards can be rattled. If we pressure them, and control the game (sound familiar?), we can win.

After watching them last night, these are my thoughts exactly. They're really good on paper, but mentally, they're a wreck. Lots of stupid turnovers and the effort wasn't always there. I think our defense could really get them off their game.

Baylor is superior to Colorado academically. Baylor has athletic facilities superior to Colorado. Colorado doesn’t participate in the number of sports that Baylor does. Baylor’s overall record in all collegiate sports dwarfs that of Colorado. Our football, basketball (women’s and men’s), baseball, softball, track, tennis, golf programs are vastly superior to Colorado’s. The Baptist church base extends across the country and certainly trumps the University of Colorado’s local base limited to a small town in Colorado.

**** Baylor

Edit: Sorry Goose, saw you beat me. It never helps to post it multiple times though :nod:

very excited about this game. I drunkenly guaranteed victory last night. We are out of Karma after that last win tho, they missed way too many open looks. Altitude will be a huge factor since they will have been up here for more than 72 hours.

very excited about this game. I drunkenly guaranteed victory last night. We are out of Karma after that last win tho, they missed way too many open looks. Altitude will be a huge factor since they will have been up here for more than 72 hours.

I was just thinking the same thing. Baylor will be feeling the altitude heavily tomorrow. They are in the point where the body begins to adapt to the lack of oxygen. Its when you are most vulnerable to altitude sickness. Plus I hope they get put in the visiting teams locker room at the Pit

Also contributing to its intimidating environment for visitors is the fact that the elevation in Albuquerque is a mile high. This fact is impressed upon visiting teams in several places in The Pit. The tunnel leading down from the locker rooms to the floor has the following message painted on the wall, "Welcome to the legendary Pit, a mile high and louder than..." Additionally, posters in the visiting team's locker rooms provide information on the warning signs of altitude sickness and urge victims to seek immediate medical attention.

We going to wear black again? Baylor's yellow is similar to our gold.

Wow, I've seen at least 4 people here in the small town that I live in California with Colorado Gear on! It's been awhile! Go Buffs!

At the Expo for the Shamrock Marathon today in VaBeach this afternoon. I was wearing a CU polo and got a "Go Buffs;" She said that CU is her dream school.

I called the UNM ticket office this morning, and they said that the Colorado sections were R and N. I'm glad to have Rugged corroborate part of this information. Since I can work from anywhere, I drove down to ABQ for the games, but was unsuccessful in finding someone to accompany me. A UNLV fan that decided not to stick around sold me 2 tickets for Saturday in section R, row 34, seats 14 and 15. For those not already familiar, the rows are counted backwards in this arena, meaning the higher the number, the closer to the court the seats are. I am only going to use one of the tickets. So if anyone needs a single and wants to sit next to me in the Colorado section, let me know. Obviously, I will only sell this ticket to a CU supporter. $40.

I called the UNM ticket office this morning, and they said that the Colorado sections were R and N. I'm glad to have Rugged corroborate part of this information. Since I can work from anywhere, I drove down to ABQ for the games, but was unsuccessful in finding someone to accompany me. A UNLV fan that decided not to stick around sold me 2 tickets for Saturday in section R, row 34, seats 14 and 15. For those not already familiar, the rows are counted backwards in this arena, meaning the higher the number, the closer to the court the seats are. I am only going to use one of the tickets. So if anyone needs a single and wants to sit next to me in the Colorado section, let me know. Obviously, I will only sell this ticket to a CU supporter. $40.

Now THAT may be the best second post in AB history... well done.

Back