What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#11 CU v #3 Baylor - March 17th, 6.40pm MT - NCAA Tournament 3rd Round Game Thread

To the Baylor fans.

Welcome to the board. I'm going to put it out there early. I hate the leadership of your school. A lot.

Before Baylor's failed bid to the PAC, I really didn't think about the private Baptist school in Texas much, except to wonder how they'd landed in our conference. Word on the street? It was dirty Texas politics, so I went ahead with that explanation, and haven't heard a more plausible one to date.

Back to the quality of play in the Pac 12. It was a down year. That's a great deal for CU. We don't have a strong basketball tradition, so this gave our Buffs a chance to squeeze our foot through the door. Our fans were the talk of the Pac 12 tournament, and similarly the Buffs were a strong presence in game one of the NCAA tournament. It has been noted by several press outlets. Our fan base is mobilized, excited and having fun.

This year's moderate success (to date) should help recruiting, and donations and maybe we can build something from here. Like many CU fans, I don't have a strong history of paying a lot of attention to our basketball program. But it's been fun, and I plan to stick with it.

And really, I'm thankful nobody on the team got murdered. Also, a recent audit showed that the coach isn't paying for any of student-athletes' tuition. So in that regard our season has been a success.

Now, on to the reason nearly all CU fans hate your program. It's really does go back to the efforts of Kenneth Starr and Buddy Jones to strap themselves to UT's Pac 12 bid.

Actually, that's not true. I don't blame them one bid for making a shot at the Pac. It looked like the Big 12 was going to crumble. Who would take Baylor? Certainly not the MWC, which would have been the most likely choice. You see, despite Jones' claims of long-held family traditions in Texas, Baylor had ****ed over TCU, Houston and Rice during the expansion of the Big 8. You guys already had a reputation for being a bit wormy over there. The Bears had no place to go.

But I don't hate Baylor because they tried to get into the Pac 12. I hate Baylor because of their leadership's efforts to trash CU in the process. It was based on falsehoods. Few, if any academic rankings put Baylor even in the same neighborhood as CU. Your football program and tradition does not compare. The size of your fan base, is laughable. Facilities? C'mon now. Did you ever get a chance to attend a game at Folsom? So the arguments were both ridiculous and maddening.

You would be angry if somebody lied about something you value as well. Buddy Jones and Kenneth Starr spewed lies in their bid to stay relevant. Think about that. The leadership of a Baptitst school spreading baldfaced lies. Coupled with your scandal not so long ago, I do wonder about the values of that private college in Waco. Baptists indeed.

Here's a question for you. Why would somebody pay so much money to go to a non-elite academic institution. That seems strange to me. Also, it's in Waco. Jesus Christ, you people. From the outside that seems like a strange decision. Hmmmmmm pay more money to attend a crappy school in an even crappier town. I'm in!

Most major conferences have their private academic institution. Our conference, for instance, has Stanford. It's a great academic school with a strong athletic tradtion. The Bix IG has Northwestern. That's a fine school. Vandy is in the SEC. But the Big XII features Baylor, a school with an academic tradition similar to Kansas State's. It's odd.

Anyway, I don't care about the things that you guys like to talk trash about. As a fanbase we've spent a good amount of time in the last year discussing how much we love our new conference and how much we hate our old one. So we're happy travelling to Southern California (where I live, so I don't really travel there), The Bay Area and the Pacific Northwest. The fans of the Pac 12 have been welcoming and a lot of fun (for the most part) when they visit our little fan site here. It just feels right.

And apparently you guys are happy too. Well that's too bad, but there's nothing I can do about it.

Yes, there's a basketball game tomorrow. I don't have strong feelings about who I think is going to win, but I'll be rooting for my Buffs as always. We're just happy to be in the tournament. If we can somehow pull out a win against the school we all hate then that would certainly be a bonus.

Anyway, thanks for stopping by, and as always **** you Baylor fans so ****ing hard that your little eyeballs pop out.

BTW, I understand that my nube status means that my rep has 0 effect, but just FYI...both were positive...I haven't given a neg rep on here...I've received a couple, but that is to be expected...

Tomorrow should be fun...

have you guys seen us play any this year? Would you like any kind of a breakdown?
Looked like complete **** against SDSU. Baylor couldn't handle our student section. I hope you ****s get nuked and we never have to hear from your sorry asses again.

I've yet to figure out why the Big12 is stronger now that Nebraska, Colorado, TAMU, and Mizzou are gone.....

He means that Bailer actually has a chance to win something. Not a big chance, mind you, but a chance.

BTW, I understand that my nube status means that my rep has 0 effect, but just FYI...both were positive...I haven't given a neg rep on here...I've received a couple, but that is to be expected...

Tomorrow should be fun...

have you guys seen us play any this year? Would you like any kind of a breakdown?

From what I understand you guys play a ton of zone. Have 3 or 4 big men that do work in the paint and then a group of good shooting guards. Also I understand you like to shoot the 3 often.

How fast do you guys play?

BTW do not be surprised to see some serious fatigue from your players tomorrow. This is a legitimate warning. They have passed the 48-72 hour window where altitude has little effect. They are now in the part where the body does begin to adjust for the difference in oxygen. Altitude sickness is real and your players will probably start showing signs of being affected by it. With your depth you should be alright but if the starting 5 start having to play significant minutes it could drastically shift the outcome.

Bailer: Top ten talent, with the discipline, coaching, and class of a Juco school.

Ah, what could have been with a coach like Tad Boyle. Although they'd never be academically eligible here...

Christ, you buffs must really miss the Big 12. I'm sensing some remorse and longing for the good old days...

Christ, you buffs must really miss the Big 12. I'm sensing some remorse and longing for the good old days...

AoKdFrRCMAIMvGg.jpg:large

Made me think of you :)

To the Baylor fans.

Welcome to the board. I'm going to put it out there early. I hate the leadership of your school. A lot.

Before Baylor's failed bid to the PAC, I really didn't think about the private Baptist school in Texas much, except to wonder how they'd landed in our conference. Word on the street? It was dirty Texas politics, so I went ahead with that explanation, and haven't heard a more plausible one to date.

Back to the quality of play in the Pac 12. It was a down year. That's a great deal for CU. We don't have a strong basketball tradition, so this gave our Buffs a chance to squeeze our foot through the door. Our fans were the talk of the Pac 12 tournament, and similarly the Buffs were a strong presence in game one of the NCAA tournament. It has been noted by several press outlets. Our fan base is mobilized, excited and having fun.

This year's moderate success (to date) should help recruiting, and donations and maybe we can build something from here. Like many CU fans, I don't have a strong history of paying a lot of attention to our basketball program. But it's been fun, and I plan to stick with it.

And really, I'm thankful nobody on the team got murdered. Also, a recent audit showed that the coach isn't paying for any of student-athletes' tuition. So in that regard our season has been a success.

Now, on to the reason nearly all CU fans hate your program. It's really does go back to the efforts of Kenneth Starr and Buddy Jones to strap themselves to UT's Pac 12 bid.

Actually, that's not true. I don't blame them one bid for making a shot at the Pac. It looked like the Big 12 was going to crumble. Who would take Baylor? Certainly not the MWC, which would have been the most likely choice. You see, despite Jones' claims of long-held family traditions in Texas, Baylor had ****ed over TCU, Houston and Rice during the expansion of the Big 8. You guys already had a reputation for being a bit wormy over there. The Bears had no place to go.

But I don't hate Baylor because they tried to get into the Pac 12. I hate Baylor because of their leadership's efforts to trash CU in the process. It was based on falsehoods. Few, if any academic rankings put Baylor even in the same neighborhood as CU. Your football program and tradition does not compare. The size of your fan base, is laughable. Facilities? C'mon now. Did you ever get a chance to attend a game at Folsom? So the arguments were both ridiculous and maddening.

You would be angry if somebody lied about something you value as well. Buddy Jones and Kenneth Starr spewed lies in their bid to stay relevant. Think about that. The leadership of a Baptitst school spreading baldfaced lies. Coupled with your scandal not so long ago, I do wonder about the values of that private college in Waco. Baptists indeed.

Here's a question for you. Why would somebody pay so much money to go to a non-elite academic institution. That seems strange to me. Also, it's in Waco. Jesus Christ, you people. From the outside that seems like a strange decision. Hmmmmmm pay more money to attend a crappy school in an even crappier town. I'm in!

Most major conferences have their private academic institution. Our conference, for instance, has Stanford. It's a great academic school with a strong athletic tradtion. The Bix IG has Northwestern. That's a fine school. Vandy is in the SEC. But the Big XII features Baylor, a school with an academic tradition similar to Kansas State's. It's odd.

Anyway, I don't care about the things that you guys like to talk trash about. As a fanbase we've spent a good amount of time in the last year discussing how much we love our new conference and how much we hate our old one. So we're happy travelling to Southern California (where I live, so I don't really travel there), The Bay Area and the Pacific Northwest. The fans of the Pac 12 have been welcoming and a lot of fun (for the most part) when they visit our little fan site here. It just feels right.

And apparently you guys are happy too. Well that's too bad, but there's nothing I can do about it.

Yes, there's a basketball game tomorrow. I don't have strong feelings about who I think is going to win, but I'll be rooting for my Buffs as always. We're just happy to be in the tournament. If we can somehow pull out a win against the school we all hate then that would certainly be a bonus.

Anyway, thanks for stopping by, and as always **** you Baylor fans so ****ing hard that your little eyeballs pop out.

Now you earned the rep I gave you earlier. :thumbsup:

Yawn...didn't we blow a 17 point lead in Waco last season? We should be able to play with the Bears and given the altitude plus talk of a lot of CU fans there, I like CU's chances tomorrow in moving on to the Sweet 16.

Is there basketball discussion anywhere or is it all just kids beating their chest around here?

Question for you. Why is Baylorfans so quick to ban posters from other schools?
If you really want a basketball discussion and a little respect, your message board moderators shouldn't be so thin skinned.

To the Baylor fans.

Eloquent Wally. I'd have just gone with "hey baylor, go **** yourselves." but your way was good too.

From what I understand you guys play a ton of zone. Have 3 or 4 big men that do work in the paint and then a group of good shooting guards. Also I understand you like to shoot the 3 often.

How fast do you guys play?

BTW do not be surprised to see some serious fatigue from your players tomorrow. This is a legitimate warning. They have passed the 48-72 hour window where altitude has little effect. They are now in the part where the body does begin to adjust for the difference in oxygen. Altitude sickness is real and your players will probably start showing signs of being affected by it. With your depth you should be alright but if the starting 5 start having to play significant minutes it could drastically shift the outcome.

Hoping at only 5k ft, it won't be that big a deal...we are really deep so that may come into play...we have 2 guys who usually get 10 minutes or so who didn't get off the bench because of the Rabbits game...

Defensively we played a ton of zone with some man...went man almost exclusively in the Big XII tournament, and beat KSU and KU, then fell short vs. Mizzou...they were a tough match up all year...glad they are done...The changes in defense honestly affect our O more than our D. The zone often makes us slower and more passive...the man we get running...it just really changes our tempo...If we can play zone we play bigger guys...if we play man we play 3 guards.

Everyone talks about how big we are, but we really aren't...we are long, not big, and that hurt us against teams that had really physical inside games...we have 3 guys who are 6'11" but by build and by temperament are 3's...We have 2 legit inside guys...Quincy Acy is tough as they come and the heart and soul of the team (had his worst game of the year against SDSU) but he is 6'7" He is a block and dunk machine...and when he dunks he tries to punish the rim...The other guy is Cory Jefferson is 6'9" and a redshirt sophomore...tough, but raw...

Everyone else is really more comfortable on the perimeter... Perry Jones III takes a ton of **** for not being tough, but he is not a 5...he's a 3 or a stretch 4, but has to play some 5 because we aren't tall enough with our inside guys...

Miller, PJIII and Ant Jones are all tall, thin, athletic and inconsistent...Miller is a freshman coming off ACL surgery...he has looked like a 1 and done in some games and awful in others... PJIII has been great, but I'm not sure anyone could live up to the expectations put on this kid...He didn't have a great offensive game in Round 2, but had 11 boards and played well on D vs. a small Rabbit team...Ant is a Senior who started 70+ games including all 10 in the Elite Eight run of 2010 as a sophomore...he has gone to coming off the bench and had 11 in the first half on Thursday...All three have 3 point range...all three can rebound...all three have had games when they can't throw it in the ocean...

Our 2 guard is a mystery...the best on offense is Brady Heslip...he's a transfer from BC that came from Canada and is a pure shooter....word is that Lace Dunn wouldn't play him in Horse last year when he was sitting out his transfer year...he is not very tall or very athletic and can be taken away by an athletic guard who is committed to not giving him a clean look...SDSU had a bunch of guys just like him, so he played 39 minutes which is by far the most he has played all year. AJ Walton is a Junior and he played most of the year at Point last year and was honestly our biggest problem...He just isn't a point guard...he struggles with turnovers and shot better as a freshman than he has shot this year...He did have a good end of the season with big games down the stretch and in the Big XII tournament...by big I mean 10-12 points and not so many turnovers...He is an outstanding defender...leads us in steals and while he was total crap with the ball Thursday, he did a really good job against the nations 8th leading scorer, the 6'4" point guard from SDSU, Wolters...that kid may be the best player in the nation that no one has ever heard of...Duece Bello is a true freshman that came from the same High School team as Quincy Miller...he is crazy athletic and a really tenacious defender...his offensive game has not caught up with his defensive game yet...he is fast, tall, and can jump out of the gym...he may be the best dunker in America at any level...He played more against SDSU than he has all year...Gary Franklin didn't play Thursday but has gotten 10 or so minutes a game this year after sitting out till the semester break after transferring from Cal...he is inconsistent...not as good a defender as Walton but he has hit some big 3's and is a little better on penetration than the other 2's...

Our point guard is the biggest change from last season. He is Pierre Jackson and he was the National JUCO player of the year last year at Southern Idaho. He is every bit of 5'9" and one of the best dunkers on the team. He is the fastest player I've ever seen but has had moments where he was way out of control. He is still learning the difference between JUCO and D-1. He can fill it up from range...he can penetrate and finish...he can penetrate and dish...He is absolutely cold blooded in pressure situations and is the main reason we are 9-2 in close games...He is just as quick on D, but he can also be shot over...He can also do some things that make you go WTF? To me he is the key to our team. We will go as far as PJax takes us...

To me, the biggest thing we lack is a true low post scorer...If we had one THICK and TALL man to go to on the low blocks, I'm not sure we are beatable by anybody...UK included...but we really don't have that guy on either end of the court...so without that, we can beat anyone when we shoot well, we can beat good but not elite teams when we don't...Our worst loss all year is to KSU at home...they are RPI 45 and we lost by 1 and had a good look at the end...didn't go...next worst loss was at ISU...RPI 33...we have still never won a game at Hilton...it really is Magic vs. us...the other 5 loses were 2 to KU great combination of inside strength and outside shooting and we avenged those in the Big XII tournament with a great win...and 3 to Mizzou who is a match up nightmare for us...lost at home by 1...at Columbia by a bunch and then had an OK not great game in the Big XII final that went from 5-15 in the last 2 minutes...

Anyway, that is the 2012 Baylor Bear basketball team as I see us...really didn't mean for this to be this long...

All hate and profanity aside, congrats on a great year and tomorrow night should be fun...there is nothing like the NCAA tournament.

Peace.

Bailer: Top ten talent, with the discipline, coaching, and class of a Juco school.

Ah, what could have been with a coach like Tad Boyle. Although they'd never be academically eligible here...

Actually, Drew has NEVER had a recruiting class that was ranked higher than 14...till next years class which is #4 right now...

No...I'd rather play the game...that's why all this is fun...but you might mention this to the tool who posted a few pages back that Baylor has zero quality wins.

That "quality wins" fark was NOT Colorado's assessment of Baylor's schedule, but Baylor's thoughts about CU's path to the Big Dance.

Yawn...didn't we blow a 17 point lead in Waco last season? We should be able to play with the Bears and given the altitude plus talk of a lot of CU fans there, I like CU's chances tomorrow in moving on to the Sweet 16.

Does everyone realize that if CU makes it through Baylor, then it's Xavier or Lehigh to get to the regional final?

Does everyone realize that if CU makes it through Baylor, then it's Xavier or Lehigh to get to the regional final?
My roommates been saying that all night. Get's me all giddy inside knowing we ARE going to make a deep run.

No that is definitely new. I do appreciate the nipple tassels though-nice touch. Most of the PAC is pulling for you guys. Wade into them and good luck.

C'mon LF, you're slipping. That was unveiled before the Pac 12 Semi-final matchup between our schools. I think it's the finest piece of art unveiled on Allubuffs that doesn not incorporate the blurry image of a white buffalo.

But yes, we have a different group of bears to face now. Not the mostly noble, but occassionaly clownish creatures that we associate with your school--clean and smelling of fine shampoos and oils.

No, these bears are mangy and crawling with ticks. They drink dirty water and smell of scat. Their dispositions are foul. They are not predators but scavengers, picking at the carcasses left after Texas has had their way.

C'mon LF, you're slipping. That was unveiled before the Pac 12 Semi-final matchup between our schools. I think it's the finest piece of art unveiled on Allubuffs that doesn not incorporate the blurry image of a white buffalo.

But yes, we have a different group of bears to face now. Not the mostly noble, but occassionaly clownish creatures that we associate with your school--clean and smelling of fine shampoos and oils.

No, these bears are mangy and crawling with ticks. They drink dirty water and smell of scat. Their dispositions are foul. They are not predators but scavengers, picking at the carcasses left after Texas has had their way.

Honored to finally be in someones signature :lol:
Reason?

C'mon LF, you're slipping. No, these bears are mangy and crawling with ticks. They drink dirty water and smell of scat. Their dispositions are foul. They are not predators but scavengers, picking at the carcasses left after Texas has had their way.

Oh, now I remember

When Oklahoma and Texas were considering a move to the PAC10 during the realignment mess last year, it came out that CAL-Berkeley and Stanford objected to any package that contained Baylor just as they later did with BYU.

Dated a Baylor grad once. Huge bitch.

****'em Up, ****'em Up, GO CU!

No that is definitely new. I do appreciate the nipple tassels though-nice touch. Most of the PAC is pulling for you guys. Wade into them and good luck.

For as degenerate we are around here, the TOS does draw the line at showing female nipples. You can either photoshop male nipples, or throw on some blue and yellow tassels. I'm glad it worked out.

As you can see, Allbuffs have managed to get under the skin of those humorless and square bears of I-35 truck-stop fame. Classic mega Troll job at the vBulletin stack level. Undoubtedly there will be a bill in front of the Texas Legislature on Monday by Kenneth Starr's minions in support of SOPA and PIPA to curtail Colorado's romper room approach to March Madness.

Colorado proudly carries the Pac 12 banner into round two. Our fan base has tagged this Baylor game as something more than "just" a chance to advance cinderella style to Hot-Lanta and the sweet 16. Our C-Unit is in position to storm the Pit and make a rather loud and spirited display of our "classless" selves. With any luck, the croud energy will continue to fuel Dre, Carlon, Austin, Ski, SHT, the Mayor, Super NinCHENdo, Adams and Ben friggin Mills to play out of their minds for a sixth consequitive tournament game. I sure hope CU has enough gas left in the tank to play with intensity shown against Oregon, because that's what it will take to skin a Baylor Bear.

The good news is that few Baylor fans stayed up late enough to see Colorado play it's left coast time slots. Our lazy foes are content to spew forth the MSM party line about the Pac 12's off year and are content to write CU off as a nobody.

This serves us well, as Tad Boyle, his players, and the C-Unit have been underestimated every step along the way.

Baylor unfortunately looked good against Kansas. There is a reason they have a better seed and are favored. They have the potential to punch an exhausted CU team in the mouth Stanford style.

But Tad Boyle has tought CU fans a new "F-word".

Faith.

People are putting WAY, WAY, WAY too much thinking into this team is exhausted. They are 18-23 year olds and their bodies recover very quickly and sleep is all they need. The exhausted team is going to be Bailor after being at 5000ft for three days.

Back