What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#11 CU v #6 UNLV - March 15th, 8pm MT - NCAA Tournament 2nd Round Game Thread

We're CHAMPIONS.

At this point, we're playing with house money and can just enjoy the ride. Pressure's off. Play loose and leave it all on the court.

I beg to defer. We are playing to win. We are playing for CU and conference pride.

Let's prove those so-called experts wrong about being a one-and-done team.

Let's beat UNLV and then settle a score with Baylor. Then we can play with house money.

South Dakota State is a sneaky good team. Keep in mind they blew out Washington, in Seattle, 92-73. Hopefully they can give Baylor a fight.

6 vs 11:

6 seeds have won 72/108 meetings all-time (67%), 11's have won 5 of the last 8, however. 6 seeds have not swept all 4 games since 2004. 11 seeds swept all 4 games in 1989. (ESPN).

One thing I like is that UNLV likes to run. That will force us to run. We're at our best when we're attacking, so hopefully that plays into our hands. We're going to have to get back on D though.

that is actually not to bad. He probably gave us a 1% chance of winning the pac:12 tourney so this is like 34 times easier.

If I remember correctly, we had a 3.5% chance of winning the PAC-12 tourney.

BTW, the C-Unit will be there:

"Bohn said the athletic department will be taking 100 of the most loyal C-Unit members on this trip to watch the program participate in the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 2003... This time they will have to throw down $50 for tickets. "

http://www.buffzone.com/cu-news/ci_...s-unlv-runnin-rebels-albuquerque-south-region

They were money in LA, maybe they can help turn the tide in Albuquerque.

Allsome!

I hope that the CU fans can muscle some people out and get into a single section.

ESPN has their South Region preview up. Some nice things said about CU, but not a lot of expectations for the Buffs:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...6/south-region-breakdown-2012-ncaa-tournament

Colorado is one of the hottest teams in the country after winning the Pac-12 tournament. But the Buffaloes probably don't have the rebounding to deal with UNLV. Still, this is a quality game for the Albuquerque regional. The selection committee did a fine job of putting regional teams at this site with CU, UNLV, Baylor and South Dakota State.

It's hard to call a No. 6 UNLV a Cinderella. But the Runnin' Rebels could make the Elite Eight. The matchups are favorable. Colorado may have run out of gas in the Pac-12 tournament. The Buffs may struggle to rebound with the Runnin' Rebels, too. Baylor has tremendous talent and length but UNLV already knocked off a similar team this season in North Carolina. So a UNLV run could occur. And beating Duke isn't out of the question, either, with La Vegas' aggressive nature. I'm not predicting this run, but it's more than plausible.

Ken Pom gives us a 34% chance of winning.

Then Ken Pom would give my bracket a snowball's chance in hell.

But then again what did Ken Pom say about CU winning the Pac 12 back in October?

Then Ken Pom would give my bracket a snowball's chance in hell.

But then again what did Ken Pom say about CU winning the Pac 12 back in October?

I think he had us around 15% to win the Pac-12 tourney. That pretty much makes the UNLV game a lock, right?

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but UNLV is an early 5 point favorite.

Also, Spero ("***** in the armor") Dedes and Bon Wenzelare the announcers of the game.

@MikeMoser_43
@B_mamba12
@ChaceStanback
@odyebeeisback
@ANT_MARZ3

This is their starting five on Twitter :)

CU AD

Season ticket holders looking 4 NCAA Tournament tix should contact @CUTickets at 303-49-BUFFS. Tix will be allotted based on priority points

Who has been clamoring for some UNLV Win Shares for the 2011-2012 Season? Bueller? Bueller?

PlayerOffensive WSOffensive WS%Deffensive WSDeffensive WS%Total WSTotal WS%
Mike Moser1.9916.453.5223.785.5120.48
Chace Stanback2.8123.241.5310.364.3516.16
Anthony Marshall1.5112.502.2615.273.7714.02
Oscar Bellfield0.715.861.5410.442.258.38
Justin Hawkins0.897.371.5610.542.459.11
Brice Massamba1.5012.421.137.652.649.80
Carlos Lopez1.2710.521.318.892.599.62
Quintrell Thomas0.806.641.258.432.057.62
Kendall Wallace0.534.380.382.590.913.39
Reggie Smith0.131.080.161.050.291.06
Karam Mashour-0.05-0.450.150.990.090.34

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but UNLV is an early 5 point favorite.

Also, Spero ("***** in the armor") Dedes and Bon Wenzelare the announcers of the game.

What's Spero's e-mail? The link to the Sabatino Chen thread will be on the way.

Back