What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 HI OG Paulay Asiata (Signed to Colorado)

That was the smart money before the weekend. Now I think it's a coin flip.

Washington coaches do an in-home on Wednesday.

Colorado coaches do an in-home on Thursday.

That will decide this.

Well, that 'in-home visit' is going to be a tad awkward now, isn't it?
Although with my continual optimistic self, I'm going to say, if the visit is still on, maybe there's still a chance.

scroll+blog+title_Page_1.jpg

Didn't realize UW would be such a competitor for us on the recruiting trail; Kam Jackson, Marcus Peters, now Paulay. They are quickly becoming a team that I will love to hate in the Pac-12.

Now I'm worried about Juda Parker. We were hoping he could persuade Asiata coming here, while it turns out to be a opposite direction......

I'm not too worried about Parker, UW isn't even recruiting him I don't think. It's between us and Oregon State for Parker.

Didn't realize UW would be such a competitor for us on the recruiting trail; Kam Jackson, Marcus Peters, now Paulay. They are quickly becoming a team that I will love to hate in the Pac-12.

I think Sarkisian was the best part of that old USC crew.

You win some, you lose some. Sark and UW had been recruiting him for awhile and we almost snuck in and stole him. It's not over yet but the writing is on the wall. If we pickup KT and Juda from Hawaii, we made some significant moves in the Aloha state. It isn't just freebies for UW, AZ, Oregon St. and Utah anymore.

The Dawgs were dogging CU pretty hard, referring to us as an anchor dragging down the PAC12.

I think the boosters were the best part of that old USC crew. Still, your point is well taken, Washington is putting together a solid class.

Unbiased question, you think Sarkisian is bringing the booster model to UW, or is the public school a different animal?

That was quick. Keeping hawk one more year really screwd us...If parker was a buff,he would have stated so, this is starting to sound odd also...

Heartbreaking......

This is why I hate following recruiting news. And I don't mean that as a slight to the posters on here who do great work to keep us informed. Maybe for the Floridas and the USC's and the Texas's of the world recruiting is fun and rewarding. But it just seems to be full of heartbreak and disappointment from what I've witnessed.

I truly think ignorance is bliss. I wish I could have watched the national championship without thinking "Man, we were soo close to landing Emory Blake. If only..." Nowadays, there is so much pressure for the kids to publicize their committments, so much misinformation and so much competition among schools that you're only setting yourself up for disappointment by becoming invested in these kids prior to NSD... Even after NSD it seems to be a crap shoot for buff fans.

That said - as a diehard college ball fan - what choice do you have but to follow along and hope for the best? I can't NOT seek out the information. Is there some kind of a support group for this?

Yeah that comes next year when the world ends and we're poised for the national championship.

The Dawgs were dogging CU pretty hard, referring to us as an anchor dragging down the PAC12.

Okay, first the obvious - there is no PAC-12 w/o us.

2ndly, this is the same PAC that qualified 4 bowl teams, right? Yeah, good argument!

Okay, first the obvious - there is no PAC-12 w/o us.

2ndly, this is the same PAC that qualified 4 bowl teams, right? Yeah, good argument!

And isn't this the same U-Dub team that didn't win a game the season prior to Sark showing up? Wow, you have one 7 win season and all of a sudden you are the creme de la creme

To be honest, I was a little surprised we got him to make a visit out here. Would have been a nice pickup though.

When not on probation, UW is a force in recruiting on that side of the Rockies. Be tough to pull folks out of the PNW and they have solid history with Polynesian players.

When not on probation, UW is a force in recruiting on that side of the Rockies. Be tough to pull folks out of the PNW and they have solid history with Polynesian players.

I didnt realize they were on probation for most of the last decade. Hawkins won more games than Gilbertson and Willingham combined in 3/4ths the amount of time.

Is Washington Commit Paulay Asiata Colorado Bound?

By Bob_Bell

Is Washington Commit Paulay Asiata Colorado Bound?

Could be huge. Asiata is the #1 prospect out of Hawaii as a 6'5" 285 offensive guard. He and Juda Parker are teammates.

In what could be a more telling blow, Greg Biggins of ESPN Rise reports that OL Paulay Asiata of Honolulu has decommitted and is now likely to end up at Colorado along with teammate Juda Parker.

Here is Biggins' story, and it's an Insider piece so I won't cut and paste. But Biggins quotes Parker as saying that the two want to play in college together and that "it looks good for both of us at Colorado.''' Parker also says that Asiata may have "committed (to UW) too soon, before he was ready'' and that now that he has thought about things more he wants to go to Colorado with Parker. Biggins was in Hawaii last week and said that while there, he also got word from people at Asiata's school that he had decommitted from UW. However, there is also a school of thought that Asiata may just want to wait to make his decision final until Wednesday, when there is a signing day event on the Islands, and that he hasn't ruled out UW.

Obvioulsy, a fluid sutiation worth monitoring until signing day.

Asiata has been regarded as a pretty significant get for UW, considered maybe the top recruit in Hawaii this year. Here's what I wrote about him last week.

Originally posted by Ralphie Report
Click here to view the article.

Back