What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 HI OLB K.T. Tuumalo (Signed to Colorado)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN

822872.jpg

Punahou School (Honolulu, HI)

Ht: 6-foot-2
Wt: 200 lbs
40: 4.65 secs (4.22 shuttle at ESPN Rise event)

Rivals rating: 3*-5.6rr; unranked OLB
Scout rating: 2*; #119 OLB
ESPN rating: 2*-68 grade; #191 OLB

Reported Offers: Colorado, Arizona, Arkansas, Oregon State, Boise State, Hawaii, San Diego State

Same school as Kawi Crabb.

Reading about him on a couple Hawaii prep message boards, the locals seem to be very high on Tuumalo. One of the state's Top 10 guys this year. He runs track, 200m, 400m and relay. Only 40 time I found was from his sophomore year and it was a 4.8, but I'd assume that with a shuttle of 4.22 that his 40 is now in the 4.5-4.6 range (maybe faster).

Here are some Youtube highlights:

[video=youtube;rsgb1qzv8y0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsgb1qzv8y0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsgb1qzv8y0[/video]

I just saw at the end of the highlight video that he's listing a 4.7 in the 40. I'll go back and edit his profile.

For any of you who decide to watch the video, I think that the play where he chases down the QB from behind at about 1:45 and the play when he chases down a guy down field at about 3:20 are two of the best looks at him. His opening highlight of a sack in the end zone for a safety is pretty good too.

Rivals has added a profile along with a front page article for the CU site.

Front page article... read more from what's posted below

Arizona is our main competition, but we may have the inside track due to our academics and his parents:

"Colorado has a lot of good things going on. It is a really good school. My parents like that school and it is definitely one of the top schools for me."

Kaiwi's helping too:

"Kaiwi is just tripping out about how nice it is up there," Tuumalo said. "He is encouraging me to get out there. He definitely wants me to join him."

Rivals reports an Oregon State visit and Scout reports a Boise State visit (no offer).

We need to bump this thread.

With both Brian Cabral and Mike Tuiasosopo having this kid high on their list, along with Kaiwi Crabb on the team, how can we not be in the top schools for this kid. We could really use an OLB like him!

We now have Senior Highlights:

[video=youtube;skAo_1Jvbvw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skAo_1Jvbvw[/video]

He needs coaching and the college S&C, but he's got good athleticism and really nice closing speed. Tough kid. Looks like he'll be good both in coverage and as a blitzer from the OLB position. Cabral is obviously very high on him.

Also brings a lot of swagger.

Sounds like he is solid with boise, dont know if that would change if peterson leaves for stanford.

Jan 22nd visit is not looking like it's going to happen. He may visit this weekend. He may not visit. (That's per Adam. AZ says he was never a confirmed visitor.)

bumping because he actually did visit and appeared to be loving the Coors Event Center. Would certainly like to have him.

YEAH, baby!

Welcome to theBlack and Gold. I have no doubt that Cabral can connect like no other coach. He is pure gold.

How do we know this really is his Tuumalo´s mother or father?

We don't, but I like to go with the big dreams while I can.

First time I've seen a commit announced as a comment on a youtube video, but she must have really enjoyed Cabral's comments.

scan0609.jpg

Back