What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 IL QB Adam Pittser (Signed to Wyoming)

It shouldn't if they like the kid long term. Burnette will only be here for two years. Considering this kid is almost certain to redshirt and need a couple years to learn how to run a pro-set offense, neither he nor the team should care about Burnette. The bigger issue I would suspect would be if the staff is afraid signing a frosh QB this year would scare off future prospects.

It shouldn't if they like the kid long term. Burnette will only be here for two years. Considering this kid is almost certain to redshirt and need a couple years to learn how to run a pro-set offense, neither he nor the team should care about Burnette. The bigger issue I would suspect would be if the staff is afraid signing a frosh QB this year would scare off future prospects.

^^This^^

And if a QB prospect is scared off by competition, then Embree wouldn't want him anyway. It's not like other programs can negative recruit a nepotism angle. No perception of unfairness here so no reason for a QB to be afraid of the competition.

He is a decent pickup if we get him. But Embree is really putting all his eggs in the 2012 basket to find a blue chip QB. Hope it pays off.

Here's some video on Jeff Christensen's "Throw it Deep" QB school. Pittser is one of his students and is featured for about 30 seconds at the 2:24 mark:

[video=youtube;LiiUGtzIsL8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiiUGtzIsL8[/video]

I would still go after this guy if I was Embree. We need 4 QBs on scholarship every year instead of the mess of the last 5 years where we seemed to only have 3 on scholarship with 1 redshirting half the time.

It's great to have the depth, and someone to push the QB's on the roster, but will this kid do any more than Nic Nelson did?

It's great to have the depth, and someone to push the QB's on the roster, but will this kid do any more than Nic Nelson did?

One of the things with recruiting is that nobody knows. You can have some idea and certainly I want the very best quality recruits that we can get, this program needs a major talent infusion and guys who just take up space on the roster aren't going to help. At the same time we all know about guys who significantly outperformed their recruiting rankings and other who never lived up to expectations. Sam Bradford coming in to OU as a three star probably evoked some of the same questions from the faithful and he seemed to work out.

At the same time Nic Nelson may or may not have been a wasted schollie. We never had a chance to get an honest idea what he could do because a certain head coach was going to make sure that a certain QB was going to be the one who got every chance to be the star. Nic in other circumstances with a focused coaching staff and an opportunity for practice reps and playing time may have turned out to pretty decent, we will never know.

I am willing at this point to trust the judgement of Embree and Bienemy, if they think a guy can help the team then I am willing to trust their judgement.

One of the things with recruiting is that nobody knows. You can have some idea and certainly I want the very best quality recruits that we can get, this program needs a major talent infusion and guys who just take up space on the roster aren't going to help. At the same time we all know about guys who significantly outperformed their recruiting rankings and other who never lived up to expectations. Sam Bradford coming in to OU as a three star probably evoked some of the same questions from the faithful and he seemed to work out.

At the same time Nic Nelson may or may not have been a wasted schollie. We never had a chance to get an honest idea what he could do because a certain head coach was going to make sure that a certain QB was going to be the one who got every chance to be the star. Nic in other circumstances with a focused coaching staff and an opportunity for practice reps and playing time may have turned out to pretty decent, we will never know.

I am willing at this point to trust the judgement of Embree and Bienemy, if they think a guy can help the team then I am willing to trust their judgement.

I trust that when JE said he wouldn't take guys just to take guys, that he'll stick by that. If he sees something in this guy, then go get em, Embree!

Reported by AZ and later confirmed by Adam that things with Pittser have chilled. He's not sure it would be right to back out on Wyoming this late in the process. It's not sure that he'll be visiting this weekend.

Four frosh quit Wyoming football.
Wide receiver Josh Doctson is among four freshmen who will not return to the Wyoming football team next season.Doctson started eight games this past season, catching 35 passes for 393 yards and five touchdowns.Other scholarship players not returning are redshirt wide receiver C.J. Morgan, quarterback Adam Pittser and wide receiver Kevin Robertson.

its from the bottom of this article
[url]http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_19709156

[/URL]

I thought he was better than Teddy Bridgewater at the Elite 11? :lol: What a useless competition.

Back