1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'11 JC OLB Anthony Rose

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive' started by Tempe_Buff, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Tempe_Buff

Tempe_Buff Well-Known Member

Rivals
    Scout
    ESPN
    247sports

[​IMG]
    Marcos De Niza H.S. (Tempe, AZ) / Glendale C.C. (Glendale, AZ)

Ht: 6-foot-1
    Wt: 210 lbs
    40: 4.7 secs

Rivals rating: 3*-5.6rr; #57 OLB (2009 H.S.) / unrated OLB (2011 JC sophomore)
    Scout rating: 3*; #50 WLB (2009 H.S.) / 2*; unranked OLB (2011 JC sophomore)
    ESPN rating: 3*-77 grade; #49 OLB (2009 H.S.)

Reported Offers: Arizona, Arizona State, Washington, Boise State (2009 H.S.) / Northern Arizona - verbal, Adams State, Central Washington, Utah State (2011 JC sophomore)

Haven't found anything online confirming this but heard from one of Anthony's friends that he has decided to play at CU next year.

Graduated in 09 and is now playing at Glendale Community College.

Rose committed to Arizona State out of high school but didn't qualify. (That's kinda sad)

Still looking for some information online, any help would be appreciated.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  2. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

Rep if true

3. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I'll see what I can do.

4. Buffnik

From his 2009 ESPN profile:

Rose is a fast attacking, very active outside linebacker prospect with marginal size when projecting for the next level. He lacks ideal height but has a rangy, well-built frame with some good muscle tone and the long body to continue packing on good bulk to complement his aggressive style of play. This kid plays fast and physical on every snap and shows equally impressive run and pass support skills. Gets a great jump on the football and shows good fast-twitched and reactive athleticism. Played mainly on the inside in the game films we viewed and still filled hard, fast and sifted well through the fast moving traffic, despite his lack of size. Flashes a great burst of speed chasing plays down between the tackles and his sideline-to-sideline range is just as impressive. Mirrors well in space with good change-of-direction quickness. Good blitzer with his initial burst and first step quickness. Transitions smoothly and closes fast in space. Demonstrates good pop and raw explosiveness on contact. Breaks down well and is sound openfield tackler. Gets good depth in coverage showing smooth hips and turns pattern matching. Our main concern is his lack great bulk when projecting for the next level. Can play high at the point of attack and struggle maintaining his base. Would fit best in a defense that covers him up on the outside and allows him to attack and track down the football. Overall Rose may lack ideal size but he can run, hit cover and has a great nose for the football. Measurables and skill set to develop into a great Bandit/Rover and a demon on special teams.

Notes
    Has academic concerns... 2007: Recorded 154 tackles and three sacks. Region Defensive Player of the Year...

5. RK

RK UBL Club Member

Just confirmed with my source but then also confirmed that he is the same source the Tempe used as his source. For this unconfirmed rumor.

6. Buffnik

Here's the skinny:

Rose graduated from Glendale CC in the spring. He is not a 2012 prospect, he'd be a very late addition to the 2011 class. He could redshirt this year since his eligibility clock started during the 2009 season. He had verbally committed to Northern Arizona, but did not go there.

I heard from sources that there is something to this. Stay tuned.

7. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

3 to play 2 eh?

8. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Is he now a BCS level prospect? Looks like coming out of HS he was small and was an FCS or D2 prospect. Sometimes guys really mature and develop at the JC level but not always.

9. Buffnik

Scout article from May on his verbal to Northern Arizona:

Rose says he has to finish one summer class before he can head to Flagstaff. "The math class I took for my associate's, they wouldn't take, so I am taking one now before I go up there." Rose says. Once in Flagstaff, Rose will have three years to play two.

Also, the article mentions that he was only able to play part of the season for Glendale CC. He recorded 39 tackles and 2 sacks. I would guess the injury slowed his recruiting along with him being seen as an academic risk (2.8 GPA at Glendale).

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1075933.html

10. Buffnik

His 2009 offer list out of high school was UA, ASU, UDub and Boise.

11. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

yeesh. Thats a big jump from not being able to get into northern arizona to getting into CU... Staff must NOT be happy with our LB depth.

12. Buffnik

Marcos De Niza 2008 senior highlights:
    [video=youtube;BiuRW72XjOU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiuRW72XjOU[/video]

Glendale 2009 freshman highlights:
    [video=youtube;2kQAfRqSx64]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kQAfRqSx64&feature=related[/video]

Glendale 2010 sophomore highlights:
    [video=youtube;eg0M6BG6Yfw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg0M6BG6Yfw[/video]

Tempe_Buff likes this.
  13. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

The 2.8 gives me some concern.

14. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

Don't know if this is worth the risk. 2.8 at Glendale, had to re-take a math class that would not transfer to Northern Arizona. I don't see this ever getting past the CU admission nazis.

15. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

Yeah, but from "let me see what I can do" to this in a couple of hours. Nice work Buffnik!

16. lawdogg

lawdogg Club Member Club Member

That's the strange thing here. The LB group seems to be in okay shape for the next year or two. If we are going to raid the JUCO ranks, I would think that other positions might be of greater interest.

17. Tempe_Buff

Tempe_Buff Well-Known Member

Awesome job Nik. Rep