What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 JUCO C Shaun Simon (Verbal to Kansas State)

Rivals is no longer showing Simon as a Buffs commitment and we aren't either.

He stated that he hasn't heard from the coaches since July. When they don't even call or email a kid after he suffers a knee injury and is going into surgery, he's obviously not considered a commitment by the coaching staff. Beyond that, it's a ****ty way to do business. I guess we'll see whether the new staff gets back in contact with Shaun.

Rivals is no longer showing Simon as a Buffs commitment and we aren't either.

He stated that he hasn't heard from the coaches since July. When they don't even call or email a kid after he suffers a knee injury and is going into surgery, he's obviously not considered a commitment by the coaching staff. Beyond that, it's a ****ty way to do business. I guess we'll see whether the new staff gets back in contact with Shaun.
You know HaLk and his staff are all about doing things the right way....:rolling_eyes:

I know this is terrible, but when ever I see that I assume a player had qualification issues, is that true of Shaun?

I don't think so. We completely stopped recruiting him. I would guess that if the new coach liked Simon and made a very strong push that we'd still have a shot at him. Who knows?

was Simon the one who tweeted that CU's coaches screwed him over with qualifying? Seemed to me like he wrote us off then. and, with the qualifying issues K State makes sense. that's how they can do. He's the kid from Tulsa, right? Snyder I, relevant or not, pulled a lot of talent out of Tulsa and northern OK when OU was down and he was building up K State in the mid and late 90's so maybe Snyder II is working that angle again.

was Simon the one who tweeted that CU's coaches screwed him over with qualifying? Seemed to me like he wrote us off then. and, with the qualifying issues K State makes sense. that's how they can do. He's the kid from Tulsa, right? Snyder I, relevant or not, pulled a lot of talent out of Tulsa and northern OK when OU was down and he was building up K State in the mid and late 90's so maybe Snyder II is working that angle again.

You're thinking of DT Ed Nuckols from the '09 class, I think. Simon's been very loyal to the Buffs since he announced his verbal out of high school. But our OL coach changed since then and we stopped calling him (even after he re-committed this summer).

You're thinking of DT Ed Nuckols from the '09 class, I think. Simon's been very loyal to the Buffs since he announced his verbal out of high school. But our OL coach changed since then and we stopped calling him (even after he re-committed this summer).

that's right, Nuckols. my bad. not calling him sounds like a great move by our guys. "not".

that's right, Nuckols. my bad. not calling him sounds like a great move by our guys. "not".

images

I really wanted Simon to be a Buff. Insert sad face.

Good luck to him at KSU.

Shaun did not get in the first time based on his grades, that is why he went the juco route. All reports were that he was working hard to make sure he could be a Buff and that we wanted him but I have to think that academics played at least some role in this. We have all seen the issues CU has had with getting other juco kids in, even kids that didn't go juco because of academic issues. Maybe the coaching staff saw a kid who was going to have to jump through a ridiculous bunch of hoops to reach a point that admissions would approve him and also saw a kid who was unlikely or a risk not to complete those hoops. KjSU is known for admitting jucos so this is a logical fit.

I would have liked to see him here and I think his heart was here but it was destined not to be. Fortunately it is at a position were we have some prospects for the future so losing him won't hurt us badly.

Good luck to him. He has overcome a lot both academically and with the injury to put himself into a position to continue his career. Now that he won't be on the CU schedule I wish him a lot of luck.

CU moving to the PAC-12 cooled him a bit, too. He was still committed, but more willing to look.

That sucks. I was really rooting for this kid just based on his signing day picture.

I could see the Pac move being an issue since he is an Oklahoma boy.

Best of luck to Simon. I hope he does well at KSU.

I was really excited about his re-commitment since we seemed to have a huge hole waiting to happen at center. Next season we will have Iltis as a Senior, but Gus Handler as a sophomore really makes me think he could be a good one. Throw in Alex Kelley in this year's class and we finally have some good young talent at the position. Not that "losing" a kid like Simon is good, but I think we'll be OK, and wish him luck kicking TexAss tail for the Kitties in the future.

He was a 2* prospect out of high school that no one else from a BCS conference recruited. We pay an awful lot of attention to him, considering.

Com'on nik. The 2* rating was affected by him only starting his sr year and partly because of academic concerns (an omen, nonetheless).

I really liked the fact that we landed a player from one of the 2 Tulsa area powerhouses.

Back