What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 MO CB Bernard Thomas

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN

173618.jpg

Blue Springs HS (Blue Springs, MO)

Ht: 5-foot-11
Wt: 172 lbs
40: 4.43 secs

Rivals rating: 3*-5.7rr; #31 CB
Scout rating: 3*; #75 CB
ESPN rating: 3*-77 grade; #39 CB

Reported Offers: Colorado, Arkansas, Kansas, Kansas State, Tulsa

Thomas took an unofficial visit to the Colorado campus already. Greg Brown had been his recruiter. Ambrose needs to get on him. No one has offered yet, but it sounds like Iowa and Arkansas are recruiting him the hardest. Good opportunity here to get in first.

Thomas has taken one official visit, to Kansas State.

Known as a lockdown corner who excels in man coverage, Thomas has named a top 3 of Colorado, Kansas State and Tulsa.

Another Big 12 school that Thomas is considering is Colorado. “I really want to see how they bounce back,” he said about the Buffs coaching change. “I want to see who they bring in and which coaches stay. I think it’s a great program and hope they can come back.”

Thomas is being recruited by Buffs defensive backs coach Ashley Ambrose, but says they have not talked about the coaching change. “We didn’t get into that,” he said. “I’ve talked to him since then, but he didn’t bring it up and I didn’t.”
http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1023822.html

If Brown comes to CU (and especially if Ash stays on), it looks like CU will have the inside track to sign Thomas.

Found a short highlight that shows his quickness: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1682/bernard-thomas

Thomas needs to be Brown's first commitment. We need corners. We need speed. Make this happen.

Any new info? Doesent seem like the new staff wants him. We need corners and it sounds like we wont be getting Mcclure, Jackson, Peters, or Wadood.

Any new info? Doesent seem like the new staff wants him. We need corners and it sounds like we wont be getting Mcclure, Jackson, Peters, or Wadood.

No info, but don't give up.

I found this bit in his Scout profile: Thomas hopes to major in engineering and reports a 2.8 core GPA and a 21 ACT.

Doesn't look like we've got any academic issues here. Harrington, Washington and Thomas would be a solid CB class with a lot of speed.

Ok but does the new staff even want him? According to his Rivals page he doesent even have an offer from us anymore.

Ok but does the new staff even want him? According to his Rivals page he doesent even have an offer from us anymore.

Rivals was never aware of him, afaik. I just posted something to give Adam a heads up.

Rivals was never aware of him, afaik. I just posted something to give Adam a heads up.

Im not trying to question your Knowledge, you certainley know a lot. But if Adam doesent know that CU is in on him then how do you? The article from scout is from before the new staff was hired. Ambrose, who is no longer here, was recruting him.

Im not trying to question your Knowledge, you certainley know a lot. But if Adam doesent know that CU is in on him then how do you? The article from scout is from before the new staff was hired. Ambrose, who is no longer here, was recruting him.

jrk... nik just started working with rivals about 3 weeks ago...

I don't know that CU is still in contact with him. That's why I suggested to Adam that he give Thomas a call. If Adam gets him on the phone and writes an update, what he writes will be news to me one way or the other.

But the Rivals database didn't list a CU offer or have any of the info about the unofficial that Thomas took to CU or that Brown had been recruiting him pretty heavily before he left.

jrk... nik just started working with rivals about 3 weeks ago...

I don't work for Rivals. That's way overstating things. I just help to moderate their BuffStampede forums and trade a few emails with Adam and SD along with spwildcat and vamosbuffaloes who mod the free board.

I don't work for Rivals. That's way overstating things. I just help to moderate their BuffStampede forums and trade a few emails with Adam and SD along with spwildcat and vamosbuffaloes who mod the free board.

my bad nik

Back