What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 NJ QB Gary Nova (Signed to Rutgers)

Well, the NJ insider at Don Bosco with a tight affiliation to CU has stated that Nova might have interest, but no one from CU has contacted him. Again, it's not clear if a CU coach has even looked his way. Maybe they did and didn't like his tape. Maybe they haven't....

according to rivals he has no interest in us...

You do understand having a "blank" doesn't mean anything - Rivals is not omniscient. It's just a collection of homies writing about their assigned schools or local prep stars. If the writer doesn't ask the question, it won't get answered.

no it showed an offer and the word NONE under interest

School Interest Offer Visit Recruited by
Boston College Medium Offered None
Miami (FL) Medium None
Pittsburgh Medium Offered None
Rutgers Medium Offered 01/21/2011
Vanderbilt Medium Offered None
Virginia Medium Offered None
Colorado None Offered None

Miami (FL) Medium None

probably cause we haven't talked to him at all.... yet.

It seems odd to me that no QB is on the targetlist...at least that I can tell. As thin as CU is at QB, bringing in somebody, even if not a VHT, would be wise. I guess we'llhave to wait until Feb to see what the plan is.

The staff is trying to get Nova to visit. Hopefully we get an opportunity here.

It seems odd to me that no QB is on the targetlist...at least that I can tell. As thin as CU is at QB, bringing in somebody, even if not a VHT, would be wise. I guess we'llhave to wait until Feb to see what the plan is.

Embree in an interview with Ringo stated he is looking at 2 under-the-radar QBs and intends to sign one. There is no indication of who that might be on the pay-sites.

Second, DonMac (Tony Jones' Godfather allegedly) posted on Rivals that he talked to Nova about CU and Nova said he hasn't heard anything from the new staff. (correct that for Buffnik's update just a few minutes ago above - maybe he is hearing now - but hadn't as of a few days ago). He is talking to Miami, but hoping to get an offer. If he does, it sounds like he would commit on the spot.

Lastly, I think it's kind of silly to be looking at offers/interest at this point as they databases haven't been updated to reflect the new coach. Many of the offers shown came from pre-Embree and are invalid. Kids will still show the offer, but they aren't going to have interest in coming to CU if they haven't hear from the new coaches or they heard they no longer have an offer.

The thread that Buffnik has that shows interest and/or visits is a really good source of information. Remember that Embree can't talk about specific recruits. Unfortunately, there's not a lot of news at this point.

Miami (FL) Medium None

I got it. What I'm saying is that Rivals is a bunch of individual site publishers who can put anything they want, or omit anything they don't know.
There's a reason Rivals and Scout don't always match in terms of profiles, offers, even visits ... their information is only as good as the source, and we haven't necessarily had someone talk to Nova who is asking specifically about Colorado. Publishers for other sites can ask any leading questions, and post any answers. The profiles, offers and "interest" level isn't always exactly what the recruit is thinking.

If a site publisher (reporter) for example, says "so would you say that USC, Auburn and Oregon are your top three?" and the recruit says "Sure, yeah." That doesn't mean the recruit isn't going to perk up and listen when he's talking to Colorado people.

On ESPN tonight.

I know that he was never interested in us and we didn't go after him but supposively DonMac said he would have been receptive to listening to CU.

With that I am not much impressed with him. He is decent but not anything special. On the other hand we ended up taking Dorman in that class so Nova would have been a significant improvement even if he kind of sucks.

Back