What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 NV DE Sam Tai (Verbal to UCLA)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN

809208.jpg

Liberty H.S. (Las Vegas, NV)

December Graduate (Early Enrollment)

Ht: 6-foot-4
Wt: 234 lbs
40: 4.8 secs

Rivals rating: 2*-5.2rr; unranked Strongside DE
Scout rating: 3*; #58 DE
ESPN rating: 3*-76 grade; #122 DE

Reported Offers: Colorado, Arkansas, Colorado State, Fresno State, Idaho, San Diego State, Southern Utah, UNLV, UTEP, Wyoming

Camped at Arkansas and has had them as his #1. CU may be getting into the mix, but he needs to be closed fast. He'll graduate in December and enroll at his choice prior to National Signing Day. Impressive athlete. He plays everywhere, including quarterback.

[video=youtube;Pi4dW0T4hKY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi4dW0T4hKY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi4dW0T4hKY[/video]

I would hope that CU would have an advantage over Arkansas with Mom and Dad being able to catch him play via Pac 10/12 network and the short drive to LA when we play there and a day's drive to Boulder or short flight via DIA.

Sam Tai will be visiting for the Georgia game according to his Rivals profile.

I would hope that CU would have an advantage over Arkansas with Mom and Dad being able to catch him play via Pac 10/12 network and the short drive to LA when we play there and a day's drive to Boulder or short flight via DIA.

cheaper flight via loveland, someone let his parents know they can fly here for like $50

To UCLA per the Las Vegas Sun. Will enroll in January.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010/nov/10/sam-tai/
When Liberty High senior Sam Tai stood in front reporters Wednesday to talk about his college decision, the 6-foot-4, 235-pound defensive end wasn’t alone.
Flanked by his parents, three siblings and other family members, he discussed why he selected to play football at UCLA instead of Arkansas and nearly a dozen other schools that coveted his services.
Tai never talked in the first person about the process, simply calling it a family decision. “Me and my family liked what UCLA had to offer,” he told the group.
Ultimately, playing for UCLA was attractive for Tai because the four-hour drive to Los Angeles makes for an easy commute on game days for his family.

Tai is the first football player in the school’s eight-year history to receive a Division I scholarship.

Back