1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'11 NV DE Sam Tai (Verbal to UCLA)

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive' started by Buffnik, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Rivals
    Scout
    ESPN

[​IMG]
    Liberty H.S. (Las Vegas, NV)

December Graduate (Early Enrollment)

Ht: 6-foot-4
    Wt: 234 lbs
    40: 4.8 secs

Rivals rating: 2*-5.2rr; unranked Strongside DE
    Scout rating: 3*; #58 DE
    ESPN rating: 3*-76 grade; #122 DE

Reported Offers: Colorado, Arkansas, Colorado State, Fresno State, Idaho, San Diego State, Southern Utah, UNLV, UTEP, Wyoming

2. Buffnik

Camped at Arkansas and has had them as his #1. CU may be getting into the mix, but he needs to be closed fast. He'll graduate in December and enroll at his choice prior to National Signing Day. Impressive athlete. He plays everywhere, including quarterback.

[video=youtube;Pi4dW0T4hKY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi4dW0T4hKY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi4dW0T4hKY[/video]

3. Del

Del Member

I would hope that CU would have an advantage over Arkansas with Mom and Dad being able to catch him play via Pac 10/12 network and the short drive to LA when we play there and a day's drive to Boulder or short flight via DIA.

4. Buffnik

Sam Tai will be visiting for the Georgia game according to his Rivals profile.

5. mdelpizzo_1

mdelpizzo_1 My Dixie Wrecked Club Member

cheaper flight via loveland, someone let his parents know they can fly here for like $50

6. AlferdJasper

AlferdJasper Well-Known Member

To UCLA per the Las Vegas Sun. Will enroll in January.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010/nov/10/sam-tai/
    When Liberty High senior Sam Tai stood in front reporters Wednesday to talk about his college decision, the 6-foot-4, 235-pound defensive end wasn’t alone.
    Flanked by his parents, three siblings and other family members, he discussed why he selected to play football at UCLA instead of Arkansas and nearly a dozen other schools that coveted his services.
    Tai never talked in the first person about the process, simply calling it a family decision. “Me and my family liked what UCLA had to offer,” he told the group.
    Ultimately, playing for UCLA was attractive for Tai because the four-hour drive to Los Angeles makes for an easy commute on game days for his family.

Tai is the first football player in the school’s eight-year history to receive a Division I scholarship.