What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 NV RB Brandon Wright (Signed to San Diego State)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN

56186.jpg

Palo Verde H.S. (Las Vegas, NV)

Ht: 5-foot-10
Wt: 173 lbs
40: 4.4 secs

Rivals rating: 3*-5.7rr; #6 All-Purpose RB
Scout rating: 3*; #62 RB
ESPN rating: 3*-76 grade; #75 RB

Reported Offers: Colorado, Arizona, Arizona State, California, Illinois, Utah, Colorado State, New Mexico State, San Diego State, UNLV

Colorado is the first BCS program to step up with an offer for Wright.

He was a total stud at the recent US Army National Combine:

RUNNING BACKS

First Team: Justice Hayes, 5-10/175, Grand Blanc, Mich.; Brandon Wright, 5-10/180, Las Vegas Palo Verde

Both first-team backs looked like clones, as each measured in at 5 feet 10 and 173 pounds. Brandon Wright ran one of the fastest 40-times of any participant in this camp (hand-held 4.4). He also showed excellent agility and change of direction.

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1052450

[video=youtube;Hj8aelOt9Pw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj8aelOt9Pw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj8aelOt9Pw[/video]

Good video of him from YouTube.

That video kind of reminded me of Trea Jones video, a little of Cordary Clark too. Jones because of the offense his team runs and Clark because the guy had video on a little bit of everything. Catching passes, returning kicks, running the ball, some defensive plays. I'm a big fan of running backs that can catch passes so hopefully we get this guy. 4.4 speed is always nice to have around.

We're definitely recruiting Wright as a RB. Cabral is our lead recruiter since it's in his area (Nevada). We're probably in good shape for Wright. http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1066586

"He is a real nice guy," Wright said of Cabral. "I have seen him a couple times and he seems real up front. A lot of coaches, you look into their eyes and you can tell they are just telling you what they think you want to hear. But with Coach Cabral, he seems real genuine about what he says to you."

Wright said he would ideally like to make his college decision before the beginning of his senior season. "But if push comes to shove and I am not ready, then I guess I will just wait," he added.

I went ahead and merged the new thread with the article link into Wright's profile. Thanks, lv. Rep for helping out with the recruiting forum. :thumbsup:

From the article, I guess we need to hope that UCLA doesn't offer:

Hpalo0903a_t651.jpg

The 5-foot-10, 180-pound Wright, who is also used in the return game and at defensive back, also has an offer from Colorado and interest from the likes of Oregon State, UCLA and Arkansas. He was offered by UNLV in February, but appears to have his eyes set on a Pac-10 school.

"I have loved UCLA since I was younger," Wright said in February. "Everything from their colors to the school. They are at the top of my list right off the bat."

Wright, who rushed for 1,181 yards and 16 touchdowns last fall, is one of 400 prospects nationwide to be nominated to play in the prestigious U.S. Army All-American game. He rushed for 977 yards and 13 touchdowns as a sophomore, adding 18 receptions for 274 yards.

I went ahead and merged the new thread with the article link into Wright's profile. Thanks, lv. Rep for helping out with the recruiting forum. :thumbsup:

From the article, I guess we need to hope that UCLA doesn't offer:

Hpalo0903a_t651.jpg

The 5-foot-10, 180-pound Wright, who is also used in the return game and at defensive back, also has an offer from Colorado and interest from the likes of Oregon State, UCLA and Arkansas. He was offered by UNLV in February, but appears to have his eyes set on a Pac-10 school.

"I have loved UCLA since I was younger," Wright said in February. "Everything from their colors to the school. They are at the top of my list right off the bat."

Wright, who rushed for 1,181 yards and 16 touchdowns last fall, is one of 400 prospects nationwide to be nominated to play in the prestigious U.S. Army All-American game. He rushed for 977 yards and 13 touchdowns as a sophomore, adding 18 receptions for 274 yards.

So, at least we know he loves powder blue, right?? :woot:

Well, remember that UCLA had too many RBs to take Darrell Scott. That could work in our favor. He can love UCLA all he wants, but if he'll have to wait five years to see the field, it might not be such a great deal afterall.

How many RBs are we taking this year? I suppose it would depend on how many recruits for this last class stay at RB. I could live with getting Dorian Brown and this kid, though.

How many RBs are we taking this year? I suppose it would depend on how many recruits for this last class stay at RB. I could live with getting Dorian Brown and this kid, though.

I agree.

One thing I always keep in mind with RBs, though, is that they're some of the best and most versatile athletes to recruit. You can never have too many of them.

What's the latest on Wright? Rivals has an update that says he knows where he's going to school and it says it's a Pac-10 school. Not sure if that counts us out or not :lol:

I have to assume that Week 2 didn't help our cause here.

Actually, Cal is not really an option for him anymore. They already have a RB commit out of Texas (Daniel Lasco) and they are going to hold out for blue chip Brendon Bigelow, a current U-Dub commit from Fresno, for as long as it takes. He is wide open again and it might come down to us and Utah in the end.

I really like Wright as a prospect. Hope we can somehow get an official from him.

If we really wanted him shouldn't we be able to flip him from san diego st... I mean any bcs school should right

Aztecs are a bit of a surprise. I really thought he would end up in the Pac-12.

Back