1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'11 OR ATH Brett Smith (Verbal to Wyoming)

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive' started by Buffnik, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Rivals
    Scout
    ESPN

[​IMG]
    West Salem HS (Salem, OR)

Ht: 6-foot-3
    Wt: 191 lbs
    40: 4.7 secs

Rivals rating: 2*-5.4rr; unranked
    Scout rating: 2*; unranked
    ESPN rating: 2*-73 grade; #105 QB

Reported Offers: New Mexico State, San Jose State, Wyoming, Eastern Washington

2. Buffnik

Rivals article

Smith threw for 1,556 yards and 17 touchdowns with just two interceptions during a junior season in which he helped the Titans to 10 wins. He also gained 756 yards and scored 12 times on the ground.

Smith was named second-team all-league. He missed two games in the middle of the season after he broke the radius bone in his throwing arm.

What type of interest has CU shown? And what are Smith's impressions of the Buffaloes?

"I get daily mail from Colorado so that is awesome," he replied. "I followed them all season. I watched [head] coach [Dan] Hawkins and the offense and their quarterbacks. My dad has been out to Colorado a couple times and he said it is a really cool place. I am definitely interested in them."

Smith plans to attend the U.S. Army National Combine in San Antonio on January 9th.

3. Buffnik

Being recruited as an Athlete.

4. Buffnik

Looks like the uncertainty about the future of the WAC is killing recruiting for those programs.

Smith had committed to San Diego State. After the Fresno and Nevada announcements, he has pulled back his commitment and is looking around.

5. neil29fp

neil29fp Club Member Club Member

San Diego State isn't in the WAC

6. Buffnik

You're right. I was regurgitating something in ESPN rumors this morning. Maybe it was referring to the general instability of the MWC and WAC shuffling that's going on. It did go on to say that Idaho (definitely a WAC team) is in danger of losing a pretty good DL commit.

Edit: I just went back and read the ESPN piece. It says "San Jose State". Either it was a typo earlier that they since fixed or (much more likely) I shouldn't try to do the internet after licking toads.

7. JRK1212

JRK1212 Troll

Just did a google search after reading a blurb from the Denver Post and Allbuffs popped up!

Smith will be the starting QB for Wyoming this year as a true freshman. Adam Pittser who CU was after last winter is third on their depth chart.