What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 OR ATH Brett Smith (Verbal to Wyoming)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN

165149.jpg

West Salem HS (Salem, OR)

Ht: 6-foot-3
Wt: 191 lbs
40: 4.7 secs

Rivals rating: 2*-5.4rr; unranked
Scout rating: 2*; unranked
ESPN rating: 2*-73 grade; #105 QB

Reported Offers: New Mexico State, San Jose State, Wyoming, Eastern Washington

Rivals article

Smith threw for 1,556 yards and 17 touchdowns with just two interceptions during a junior season in which he helped the Titans to 10 wins. He also gained 756 yards and scored 12 times on the ground.

Smith was named second-team all-league. He missed two games in the middle of the season after he broke the radius bone in his throwing arm.

What type of interest has CU shown? And what are Smith's impressions of the Buffaloes?

"I get daily mail from Colorado so that is awesome," he replied. "I followed them all season. I watched [head] coach [Dan] Hawkins and the offense and their quarterbacks. My dad has been out to Colorado a couple times and he said it is a really cool place. I am definitely interested in them."

Smith plans to attend the U.S. Army National Combine in San Antonio on January 9th.

Looks like the uncertainty about the future of the WAC is killing recruiting for those programs.

Smith had committed to San Diego State. After the Fresno and Nevada announcements, he has pulled back his commitment and is looking around.

Looks like the uncertainty about the future of the WAC is killing recruiting for those programs.

Smith had committed to San Diego State. After the Fresno and Nevada announcements, he has pulled back his commitment and is looking around.

San Diego State isn't in the WAC

San Diego State isn't in the WAC

You're right. I was regurgitating something in ESPN rumors this morning. Maybe it was referring to the general instability of the MWC and WAC shuffling that's going on. It did go on to say that Idaho (definitely a WAC team) is in danger of losing a pretty good DL commit.

Edit: I just went back and read the ESPN piece. It says "San Jose State". Either it was a typo earlier that they since fixed or (much more likely) I shouldn't try to do the internet after licking toads.

Just did a google search after reading a blurb from the Denver Post and Allbuffs popped up!

Smith will be the starting QB for Wyoming this year as a true freshman. Adam Pittser who CU was after last winter is third on their depth chart.

Back