1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'11 OR DE Cutter Baldock (PWO to Colorado)

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive' started by Buffnik, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Rivals
    Scout
    ESPN

Baldock.jpg
    Tigard H.S. (Tigard, OR)

Ht: 6-foot-4
    Wt: 220 lbs

Rivals rating:
    Scout rating:
    ESPN rating:

Reported Offers:

2. Buffnik

3. Buffnik

Credit to AZ for breaking the story about Baldock joining the Buffs.

Welcome to the Black & Gold, Cutter!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance:

4. LongHaulBuff

LongHaulBuff Club Member Club Member

Great name. Welcome!!

5. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

welcome to the Black-n-Gold, young man!

6. Bill Cody

Bill Cody Well-Known Member

This kid can play. He'll be on scholarship if/when he puts on weight. I like this kid a lot...he has a very good first step, attacks blocks, pursues consistently, and has a smoothness to him that makes me think he'll be a very good one.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  7. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Good time to come into the program. New coaching staff means everybody gets to start with a shot to catch the coaches eyes. Also everyone is starting from the same place in terms of knowing the system and fitting in.

I think you are right. He is really skinny for a DE but looks like the kind of kid who could put it on in the weight room. RS for a year, play a year as a depth guy and potentially contribute on specials while continuing to develop physically and have a real opportunity to earn a spot on schollie and on the field.

Still kind of a longshot for any walk-on and there is a reason when a guy doesn't have D-1 offers, in this case it is likely that he was very late to physically develop. That all said if he is willing to work for it the opportunity is there. I'm glad these guys are coming in and being BUFFS.

8. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

Looks lean. Was he a two-way player in HS? If the staff is satisfied with DE depth a year or two down the road I can see him working out at TE. Then again I'd prefer someone named Cutter lining up in the front 7 and laying out opposing backs.

9. Buffnik

I didn't see anything about offense, but most guys play at least a little on each side in high school. It wouldn't surprise me if he's played a little TE. Actually, at many high schools it wouldn't be all that unusual to play some OT at 220 lbs.

10. bigbang

bigbang Member

He has a good first step. One or two good pass rush moves for a High school player. Has the frame, good PWO option, will provide depth. And you never know if he adds about 40-45 pounds of muscle, we could have ourselves our own JJ Watt.