1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'11 SC ILB Dexter Staley

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive' started by Buffnik, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Rivals
    Scout
    ESPN

[​IMG]
    Williston Elko H.S. (Williston, SC)

Ht: 6-foot-3
    Wt: 230 lbs
    40: 4.6 secs

Rivals rating: 3*-5.6rr; #44 ILB
    Scout rating: 4*; #13 OLB
    ESPN rating: 3*-78 grade; #18 ILB

Reported Offers: Colorado, Clemson, Florida, Illinois, LSU, Maryland, Miami (FL), Michigan, Michigan State, North Carolina, South Carolina, East Carolina

2. Buffnik

New article on Scout is very promising: http://recruiting.scout.com/2/964403.html

Staley now favors the Gators slightly over South Carolina, Miami and Colorado.

Another school that Staley admits he’s curious to check out is Colorado. “I don’t know much about them,” he said. “They’re a bit away and I want to see what it’s like over there. It’s something new.”

We need to get a visit. Staley would be an unbelievable get for the program. Ambrose is doing a fantastic job recruiting the south so far, but this would be on another level. Doesn't hurt that we've got one of the best linebacker coaches in the country, either.

3. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

Justin Parker says hai

4. Buffnik

Florida and South Carolina are the clear favorites. But the Buffs seem to be in the lead among the other 3 programs that Staley is still considering.

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/978141.html

Another school that Staley plans on visiting is Colorado and he says he likes that the Buffs are moving to the Pac-10. “I think that’ll be good for them,” he said. “I really want to check out Colorado. If I get away, that seems like a good place to go. It’s totally different from here.”

His 2.4 core GPA is a bit worrisome right now, but that could work in CU's favor since Florida doesn't take risks in recruiting these days (they don't have to). We just need to get him out for a visit and then it will probably be a matter of whether he wants to stay close to home or spend time experiencing a different part of the country. As just about everyone who has ever recruited at CU has said, "You just need to get them on campus for a visit. It's a special place."

5. Buffnik

Still no official visits taken. This has to be a grades issue.

6. AlferdJasper

AlferdJasper Well-Known Member

Per Rivals GAMECOCKCENTRAL.COM
    Plans to attend Georgia Military College or Hutchinson in Kansas next year; hopes to transfer to South Carolina at some point.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011