What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 TNFR QB Connor Wood (Signed to Colorado)

Is footwork really that important at the college level?

Very overlooked part of the game is the QB footwork on running plays. If the QB doesn't have good footwork the timing of the the play tends to get messed up, in some cases if the QB doesn't have good footwork the RB actually has to delay slightly to allow the QB to get into position to transfer the ball, the QB footwork also has a lot to do with the effectiveness of the play action fake.

Off the top of my head I can think of one fumble this year because Tylers footwork was bad and at least a couple of times where the RB (Speedy) either went down on his own or was a sitting duck for the defense for a loss because of bad footwork by Tyler throwing the pace of the play off or Speedy having to adjust to not hit Tyler.

Did you see that play?

I know you re-watched it, so maybe you can correct me if I'm wrong. But I thought Tyler was under pressure and made a heck of a throw to get it over the defense. I don't think he had space to step into the throw and at the time I remember thinking that usually a QB will leave that one short for a pick.

I know you re-watched it, so maybe you can correct me if I'm wrong. But I thought Tyler was under pressure and made a heck of a throw to get it over the defense. I don't think he had space to step into the throw and at the time I remember thinking that usually a QB will leave that one short for a pick.

Agreed. Not criticizing TH. I thought he showed a ton of arm strength getting that ball to the end zone while on the run. But as you said, that type of throw usually hangs up there and comes up short and/or is picked. That's all I meant. It was a great play.

Me too. He and Shane are 2 VERY solid QB recruits for this cycle. Looking forward to having a more "prototypical" QB for the first time in a long time!

Back