What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 TNFR SG Ricky Kreklow (Committed to Cal '11/Creighton '14)

Goose

Hoops Moderator
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN

x350.jpg

Rock Bridge High School (Columbia, MO) / University of Missouri (Columbia, MO)

True Freshman: 4 to play 3

AAU: KC Pump N Run

Ht: 6-foot-6
Wt: 195 lbs

Rivals rating (2010): 3*; unranked SG
Scout rating (2010): 3*; #31 SF
ESPN rating (2010): 3*-88 grade; #75 SG

Reported offers (2010): Missouri (committed), Creighton, Missouri State, Southern Illinois, St. Louis, Stanford, Virginia

Reported offers (2011): Colorado, Gonzaga, Cal

According to Jeff Goodman (with a re-tweet by The Ralphie Report):

Missouri transfer Ricky Kreklow concluded his visit to Gonzaga today. Is also considering Cal and Colorado, sources told CBSSports.com.

Played in 32 games this year (avg 9.8 mpg) scoring 2.1 points and grabbing 1.3 boards. Dad is head coach of women's volleyball at Mizzou, Mom is director of volleyball operations and sister is on Mizzou volleyball team. Sounds like he just wants to get away from home for a bit as he's lived in Columbia most of his life.

Nik, feel free to adjust formatting if I did the initial post wrong.

Thanks, N4.

Trying not to get my hopes up. Kreklow would be the pure shooter from the wing that Keegan Hornbuckle was supposed to be for us. Tall, good length, pretty athletic. Honesty, he's a Hornbuckle clone who won't have the homesickness/fitting in issues and won't have a problem being aggressive.

I wonder if this is who Prioleau was mentioning in his cryptic tweets about not being done with '11 recruiting. He only played 10 minutes against us this season, so here's hoping that he had a REALLY good time in Boulder when we kicked Mizzou's ass.

Would love to see us jump in.

[tweet]459397126099701761[/tweet]

That really downgrades Cal as a shooting team. Already suspect in that regard.

He never really put it together there, though. Do we trust that he could turn his career averages into being around a 40% 3pt guy? I don't know. But we definitely need some guys that will open up the court for Josh so teams can't double with impunity.

That really downgrades Cal as a shooting team. Already suspect in that regard.

He never really put it together there, though. Do we trust that he could turn his career averages into being around a 40% 3pt guy? I don't know. But we definitely need some guys that will open up the court for Josh so teams can't double with impunity.

Injuries was his biggest problem, but he also had to play out of position a lot at Cal. You'd see him alternating between the 3 & 4 at times. He's not built for that.

[tweet]468862737339412480[/tweet]

[tweet]468863811735519232[/tweet]

Wow. Can't believe he took a walk-on opportunity. Must love Omaha.

That system does fit him, though.

Back