What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 TX QB Dexter Foreman (Blinn College)

Okay, thanks for the correction. I did read this stuff here, but didn't see the relative dates. Although the Rivals article is only a couple of days old and the offer shows in his profile there, I guess they just have it wrong. I thought they were supposed to be good about fixing that stuff, let alone posting blatantly wrong "information." Glad I don't pay for it...

They're pretty good. Problem is that it's an NCAA violation for the schools to talk about specific prospects. Therefore, Rivals, Scout and sites like them have to rely on other sources for the offer lists. These other sources are almost always the prospect, the prospect's family member, and/or the prospect's coach. Obviously, these sources have a biased agenda of wanting the prospect to look as in-demand as possible. Some sources are honest. Some are honest, but confused about whether they really have an offer or not. And some are plain dishonest. For the most part, the offer lists are pretty accurate. The inaccuracies also go both directions. There have been a number of times I have heard a while after Signing Day that a prospect had several unreported offers, but since he was firmly committed he didn't bother telling any of the services.

I will take Buffnik's point a step farther. Unless a kid is seeing offers from top 10 type schools, you can rest assured that nearly EVERYTHING, and often times, EVERYTHING that is in the profile is provided by the kid himself. Things like who is recruiting him, who has offered, which coach he is in contact with from a school, what his measureables are... All provided by the kid who has to register and setup the account for himself.

Maybe the hotshots have Rivals do this for them, but for a quiet local kid last year who signed D1, I put it together for him. He did not want to update it after he listed a certain school that he liked as his offer and commitment. The reality was that he was also offered by CSU, CU, and Nebraska (and had a lot of other interest after he committed). Those offers never showed up on his profile. He never was top-20 in Colorado, etc. I even posted on here that he was offered by CU and was told "no he wasn't"..... So be careful to take the pay-sites with a grain of salt The reality is that very few kids are actually ever evaluated by Rivals or Scout. I know for a fact that this kid was never in touch with anyone, and never evaluated. No one ever contacted him, or his HS coach. The same HS coach has put 6 other kids in D1 in the last 5 years or so and says he's never been in touch with the pay services....

I will take Buffnik's point a step farther. Unless a kid is seeing offers from top 10 type schools, you can rest assured that nearly EVERYTHING, and often times, EVERYTHING that is in the profile is provided by the kid himself. Things like who is recruiting him, who has offered, which coach he is in contact with from a school, what his measureables are... All provided by the kid who has to register and setup the account for himself.

Maybe the hotshots have Rivals do this for them, but for a quiet local kid last year who signed D1, I put it together for him. He did not want to update it after he listed a certain school that he liked as his offer and commitment. The reality was that he was also offered by CSU, CU, and Nebraska (and had a lot of other interest after he committed). Those offers never showed up on his profile. He never was top-20 in Colorado, etc. I even posted on here that he was offered by CU and was told "no he wasn't"..... So be careful to take the pay-sites with a grain of salt The reality is that very few kids are actually ever evaluated by Rivals or Scout. I know for a fact that this kid was never in touch with anyone, and never evaluated. No one ever contacted him, or his HS coach. The same HS coach has put 6 other kids in D1 in the last 5 years or so and says he's never been in touch with the pay services....

:nod: I'll just confirm some of what you wrote, and say that I know a few kids who had several D1 offers they did not report, for whatever reason, even though they were in contact with the Rivals and Scout staff. Had they listed ALL the schools who had offered, their rankings would have gone up higher, but they either did not care, or didn't want to mention any school they felt had "no chance."

On the other hand, the new guy doing CO preps at Rivals (not talking about Adam, who does CU, but the guy who writes about high school players in Colorado) will post in a forum thread that this kid or that kid has a new offer or official visit --- but does NOT put it in the player's profile. He never updates them. So the profile remains stagnant once it is up. So, again, nobody knows really what a kid is up to, even when they are sharing information with the media.

I just gave myself a start. I was going through profiles of all the uncommitted players to see who was out there and who DID commit yesterday and came across this:

Meaning that when Alvin (TX) Manvel quarterback Dexter Foreman took an unofficial visit to Colorado this past weekend, things must have checked out.

“I’ve committed to Colorado yesterday. I went on an unofficial visit over the weekend,” Foreman said.
Say WHUT? :wow::wow::wow:

THEN I looked at the date: Posted Apr 13, 2010

According to Rivals and Scout, Foreman appears to remain uncommitted at this juncture. Or hasn't told them if he was offered and made a decision somewhere.

I forgot he reported he was committed to us at one time.

http://www.kbtx.com/sports/headlines/Blinn_Football_Program_Sign_11_Players_115144449.html

BRENHAM, TX - 11 high school seniors signed their letter of intent today to play football next fall for the Blinn Buccaneers. The 2011 signing class includes a quarterback, running back, tight end and five linemen on the offensive side. Defensively, the Buccaneers will bring in two defensive backs and one lineman.
This was the first recruiting class for head coach Ronny Feldman, who took over the program Jan. 19 after serving as the Bucs offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach for the past three seasons.

So ... would that mean that Feldman coached Cam Newton for a year?

Back