What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 TX S Will Harlos (Signed to Colorado)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN

187960.jpg

Somerset H.S. (Somerset, TX)

Ht: 6-foot-3
Wt: 195 lbs
40: 4.54 secs

Rivals rating: 2*-5.4rr; unranked S
Scout rating: 3*; #118 OLB
ESPN rating: 3*-76 grade; #99 OLB

Reported Offers: Colorado, Arkansas, Wake Forest, SMU

High school teammate of Stevie Dorman. He has been committed to Wake Forest since March, but will visit CU this weekend.

Good article published today on Rivals: http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1181898

"Pretty much every college that recruited me talked about having me start out at safety and having me play there until I get heavy enough to play outside linebacker."

Back-up plan for Willingham imo. But this also means that BCS programs knew about Stevie Dorman and decided not to offer (they are teammates)

Back-up plan for Willingham imo. But this also means that BCS programs knew about Stevie Dorman and decided not to offer (they are teammates)

Yep. There is also a WR on Dorman's team who is going to Iowa. And since we already have 4 LB commits im pretty sure we dont need a back-up plan for Willingham.

Maybe I haven't looked at the right film but this guy looks better to me vs. Tu'umalo. This guy looks like he can come in on day one and play special teams and he's also the type of guy you love filling the lane back at safety. He looks lanky but has some nice athletic ability.

Maybe I haven't looked at the right film but this guy looks better to me vs. Tu'umalo. This guy looks like he can come in on day one and play special teams and he's also the type of guy you love filling the lane back at safety. He looks lanky but has some nice athletic ability.

I project Tuumalo as a OLB. Tuumalo to me looked better as an overall athete.

Tuumalo reminds me of Polamalu. He's not the fastest guy out there, but has a nose for the ball and a sense of what angles to take. Has that gyroscope in his head.

Tuumalo reminds me of Polamalu. He's not the fastest guy out there, but has a nose for the ball and a sense of what angles to take. Has that gyroscope in his head.

Pretty sure Polamalu ran around a 4.5 coming out of USC. He was dang fast and still is.

Most recent update from Rivals, following Harlos' weekend visit in Boulder is he is "torn" about his decision.

Hopes to announce Monday evening, but is undecided. Enjoyed tripping to Colorado very much.

5280763249_45d5dda936.jpg

Will Harlos of the Somerset Bulldogs makes a diving grab while attempting
to stop Columbia Roughnecks quarterback Daymond Lewis from gaining more yards.
By Trask Smith, Blue City Photography

I think this is a pretty questionable offer. Do we really need another tweener?

No, we don't. What are your thoughts on greg brown as a recruiter?

Greg Brown is not on this staff to be an ace recruiter, which is fine, not every single assistant needs to be all about recruiting anyway. His main responsibility on this staff will be the defensive gameplanning.

He will definitely have input on DB recruiting and he does seem to relish finding the real sleepers, but do not expect his name to be mentioned by numerous recruits in a given year. He is just not that guy.

I'd attribute Jalil and Jimmy's success more to Brown talents as a coach, as opposed to his talents as a recruiter. Get the sense that if he was coaching up guys coming in with more polish, they'd consistently be top flight nfl prospects.

I'd attribute Jalil and Jimmy's success more to Brown talents as a coach, as opposed to his talents as a recruiter. Get the sense that if he was coaching up guys coming in with more polish, they'd consistently be top flight nfl prospects.

Jimmy's physical attributes are top notch. The combine should be interesting.

Regarding Harlos though, have to think that he'd be moved down to OLB if he joins the Buffs. I know we have a number of guys at that position, but with the attacking style that it sounds like Embree plans to use, maybe he wants a large rotation to keep legs fresh for blitzing and harassing the QB.

This one surprised me. He's definitely a nice player and will probably have a very good college career, but the positional math isn't working for me here.

Did Will commit? I understand some consternation about overrecruiting a postion, but if Will is 6'4" and 200 and runs a 4.5, there is room for a guy like that on any roster in the country.

Ya this one is interesting. He likes Wake for academics and CU for football. We'll see. Supposedly both teams D-coordinators are in love with him and told him he will start from year one. Hmm

No. I think BoulderBuff stated in another thread that we are LB heavy in this class. The coaches are taking the best they can find and will sort out positions and balance later (some play now, some redshirt, some change positions). This kid could end up at any one of 7 positions (Safeties, LBs, DE) over his 4-5 year stay and also be a big ST contributor. If they like this kid and think he's a player, they offer him. We should hear an update tonight.

Back