What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 AR OG Jason King (Signed to Purdue)

Finally some junior year highlights to watch on youtube (I think you'll enjoy):

[video=youtube;aidG0Rtr-nc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aidG0Rtr-nc[/video]

[video=youtube;aidG0Rtr-nc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aidG0Rtr-nc[/video]
:lol: i like how they lead off with the holding

Kid is crazy athletic for his size. Must be nice for his high school to be able to have him lead blocking on bubble screens.

Exactly what I was thinking. I hadn't seen any film yet but he seems to finish every play. Wonder what kind of level of football he is playing against?

Exactly what I was thinking. I hadn't seen any film yet but he seems to finish every play. Wonder what kind of level of football he is playing against?

Arkansas football is OK, but on the whole it's a step or two down from other football crazed southern states like Texas, Alabama, or Gerogia.

Arkansas starts at 2A and goes up to 7A. Pulaski Academy is 4A. They are 9-0 and #1 in the state for their classification. MaxPreps has them as #4 overall in the state and #585 in the nation. They won a big national 7on7 tournament over the summer, too.

Well it's been 24 hours.

He was scheduled to visit last Saturday but his team made the playoffs so he couldn't make the trip but will reschedule. This is from Adam M. at BuffStampede.

At this stage, the staff should forget about OL this cycle. Unless they can flip a top prospect. They should regroup for next year.

So you want the staff to take a OL just for the sake taking one.

I think you miss the point. The idea of not getting this particular lineman is not earth shattering because as you point out, he's not what you would consider a blue chip prospect. The point is, we have found ourselves in an almost comically unfortunate situation where even these prospects have no interest in signing on to play here. All is not lost, but the OL recruiting woes continue.

I think you miss the point. The idea of not getting this particular lineman is not earth shattering because as you point out, he's not what you would consider a blue chip prospect. The point is, we have found ourselves in an almost comically unfortunate situation where even these prospects have no interest in signing on to play here. All is not lost, but the OL recruiting woes continue.

Or maybe the staff cooled of there interest liked they did with Breslin and Williams. The situation is not dire as most will want to think. The depth at OL is not that bad right now, not as bad as the depth at Corner. The depth at Corner is pathetic, that should be the priority in recruiting.

We have about 5-6 spots left, would rather go after

Macnamara
Wes Brown
Crawley
Yuri Wright
Doug Rippy
Javon Williams
Keep Mananea

In REALITY we will get 1 or maybe two of those (exception of Manea). So I'm OK with us getting one of those 3 OL guys I mentioned. GOOD programs are built from the inside out. OL and DL are a priority for me. I'd like to get as many as possible in order to hedge our bets. But by no means should we go after kids who are just bodies. I doubt these guys are doing that though.

It all starts up front. :gobuffs:

This is completely correct. The glamour guys can't do their thing without the linemen making it possible.

That said we can't take guys just to have guys. If this year doesn't give us the opportunity for another OL player who is actually a PAC level player then we need to spend the scholly on another position. We already have enough dead weight on the roster with guys who belong in the WAC/MWC instead of an AQ conference team.

At the same time if we don't pick up another quality O-lineman this year then next season OL has to be priority 1 or close to it along with LB, more DBs, and potentially a game breaker RB.

This years misses on the OL are next years opportunities. Next year we can sell the fact that there isn't many OL recruits in front of them for playing time. That sales pitch isn't going to hurt on the blue chip kids like the one we will have at OT coming out of Colorado next year. I completely agree to take the BPA. We do not need to fill 2 OL spots with 2 star guys that we hope can make a difference as a Jr or Sr. I would much rather get 2 more athletes who can make a difference immediately on special teams.

This years misses on the OL are next years opportunities. Next year we can sell the fact that there isn't many OL recruits in front of them for playing time. That sales pitch isn't going to hurt on the blue chip kids like the one we will have at OT coming out of Colorado next year. I completely agree to take the BPA. We do not need to fill 2 OL spots with 2 star guys that we hope can make a difference as a Jr or Sr. I would much rather get 2 more athletes who can make a difference immediately on special teams.

I want to agree with you, but my glasses have nowhere near enough of a rose-colored tint in them for me to think like that.

Problem I see: linemen are expected to sit, bulk up, learn system, & then play. Whereas the skill positions are often able to come in and contribute right away. If our o line recruits next year are like typical athletes, that puts us another year away from shoring up the o line if we don't bring in any more decent recruits this year.

I want to agree with you, but my glasses have nowhere near enough of a rose-colored tint in them for me to think like that.

Problem I see: linemen are expected to sit, bulk up, learn system, & then play. Whereas the skill positions are often able to come in and contribute right away. If our o line recruits next year are like typical athletes, that puts us another year away from shoring up the o line if we don't bring in any more decent recruits this year.

Yes, i agree if we are taking a guy who is the 50th rated OG or OT that it isn't beneficial to miss this year. But if we get a top 10 guy at one of those positions they are far more likely to already be physically ready. Top 5 guys even step in and start as true freshman in some cases at major college programs. That will have to be our sales pitch next year. You will walk in and have a chance at competing for a starting job as a freshman or sophomore. Now for the guys who aren't blue chip caliber...they will have to bulk up like you said.

I also wouldn't be surprised if some of these DT's we are taking don't get a possible look at OG in the spring also. Kind of like how Nembot moved positions.

Back