What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 AZ ATH D.J. Foster (Signed to Arizona State)

I like the insight. Gives us a view of what other teams are doing in depth rather than just seeing the commit list for each team.

Thinking he's a ASU lean though with the RB whOregon got today.

His parents want him to be a Duck and he said his heart is with ASU, but his head thinks Oregon. I expect him to choose ASU still, but with recruits it is always hard to tell what they are thinking.

Go to USC, DJ.

I want to see one superpower to target in the South for CU to target.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/west/post?id=1327

“Cal is my leader; I loved it there,” Foster said. “I have a lot of family in Oakland, and my mom actually grew up in Berkeley. I’ve been there before, but this was really my first time seeing Cal up close, and it was incredible. The campus is great and I loved the overall atmosphere there. The facilities are incredible and easily the best I’ve ever seen."

Has he visited Oregon? Hard to believe Cal has better facilities. Speaking of which, is Cal's secret that they have really good facilities? I don't understand the allure for so many of these 4* and 5* players. Admittedly, Cal is a great school academically, but it seems like something else is at play too. Not suggesting cheating at all, just curious as to why so many top players seem to be interested. Tedford has been there for years and produced decent results, but nothing spectacular by any means.

Has he visited Oregon? Hard to believe Cal has better facilities. Speaking of which, is Cal's secret that they have really good facilities? I don't understand the allure for so many of these 4* and 5* players. Admittedly, Cal is a great school academically, but it seems like something else is at play too. Not suggesting cheating at all, just curious as to why so many top players seem to be interested. Tedford has been there for years and produced decent results, but nothing spectacular by any means.

The overhaul of the stadium certainly has to help. That place was literally on the verge of collapsing. There's no sign that they'll stop underachieving with the talent they bring in, either.

Word is slowly leaking out to us about the scope and quality of the facilities. A few influential types and media members have started commenting on what they've seen along with a few students who have managed to "peek in" during construction. Everything is pretty hush hush still but it is rumored to exceed Oregon's facilities and I'm not talking about the stadium renovation itself. There is an entire complex which has been built to serve the needs of several Olympic sports and the football team. This includes offices, conference rooms, housing and training/sports medicine facilities to name a few.

I don't pretend to know the internal workings of how the staff recruits but to counter the inevitable claims of "cheating" which have already been cast about, Cal has the longest coaching continuity in the PAC. Even the coaches we brought back this year have coached at Cal before and/or have NFL experience. Ron Gould has been the running backs coach for some time and I'm guessing he is heavily involved with Mr. Foster. "Cal has been known for a two-tailback system during Gould's tenure, with the Bears' top two rushers combining for at least 1,500 yards each of the last eight campaigns. There are many household NFL names that are former Cal running backs. Eight of his backs in the last seven seasons and 10 overall have gone on to the NFL, most recently, Shane Vereen (New England Patriots) and Jahvid Best (Detroit Lions). Others throughout his Cal career that have moved on to the NFL include J.J. Arrington, Adimchinobe Echemandu, Justin Forsett, Marshawn Lynch, Chris Manderino, Tarik Smith, Byron Storer and Will Ta'ufo'ou." [1]

Aside from our record the last several years, positive change was destined to occur at some point. We now have good coaches, good recruiters, the best facilities in the PAC (soon to be disclosed) and a university that always ranks near the top academically. The school is also located near a major metropolitan area but only a short distance away from some of the best outdoor activities available in California. Taken together this might explain some of the interest being shown by 3*, 4* and 5* recruits this year. In fact, this started a few years ago but it wasn't until this year that we had something other than blueprints to show recruits. I doubt this will change individual perceptions of what's going on at Cal right now but when our facilities are finally unveiled to the general public, it will be apparent what the recruits were talking about during their visits.

[1] http://www.calbears.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/gould_ron01.html

Last edited:
You're stretching the word "household NFL names" there, flukes. ;)

Apart from Marshawn, especially with the way he's been playing lately, neither has done much at the NFL level.

Word is slowly leaking out to us about the scope and quality of the facilities. A few influential types and media members have started commenting on what they've seen along with a few students who have managed to "peek in" during construction. Everything is pretty hush hush still but it is rumored to exceed Oregon's facilities and I'm not talking about the stadium renovation itself. There is an entire complex which has been built to serve the needs of several Olympic sports and the football team. This includes offices, conference rooms, housing and training/sports medicine facilities to name a few.

I don't pretend to know the internal workings of how the staff recruits but to counter the inevitable claims of "cheating" which have already been cast about, Cal has the longest coaching continuity in the PAC. Even the coaches we brought back this year have coached at Cal before and/or have NFL experience. Ron Gould has been the running backs coach for some time and I'm guessing he is heavily involved with Mr. Foster. "Cal has been known for a two-tailback system during Gould's tenure, with the Bears' top two rushers combining for at least 1,500 yards each of the last eight campaigns. There are many household NFL names that are former Cal running backs. Eight of his backs in the last seven seasons and 10 overall have gone on to the NFL, most recently, Shane Vereen (New England Patriots) and Jahvid Best (Detroit Lions). Others throughout his Cal career that have moved on to the NFL include J.J. Arrington, Adimchinobe Echemandu, Justin Forsett, Marshawn Lynch, Chris Manderino, Tarik Smith, Byron Storer and Will Ta'ufo'ou." [1]

Aside from our record the last several years, positive change was destined to occur at some point. We now have good coaches, good recruiters, the best facilities in the PAC (soon to be disclosed) and a university that always ranks near the top academically. The school is also located near a major metropolitan area but only a short distance away from some of the best outdoor activities available in California. Taken together this might explain some of the interest being shown by 3*, 4* and 5* recruits this year. In fact, this started a few years ago but it wasn't until this year that we had something other than blueprints to show recruits. I doubt this will change individual perceptions of what's going on at Cal right now but when our facilities are finally unveiled to the general public, it will be apparent what the recruits were talking about during their visits.

Phil Knight will not allow this! I expect Oregon to tear down all of their facilities and build new, better ones.

:lol: I know. I fixed it for you and named the source.

This is how I picture Cal even though it's Pacifica
Allnighterposter.jpg

Well Oregon is currently rebuilding the football facilities and Autzen expansion is thought to take place once the 4 new projects are done in 2015. Once Oregon's new football facilities are built it should beat your new ones, but if it doesn't I am sure one quick call to Phil Knight should remedy that.

His high school coach, John Sanders, just got fired after a big blowup with parents/boosters, despite building a powerhouse in Arizona (four state titles since 2007).

Greg Biggins is indicating ASU may hire Sanders on to the new staff. If that happens, Foster probably ends up a Sun Devil after all.

His high school coach, John Sanders, just got fired after a big blowup with parents/boosters, despite building a powerhouse in Arizona (four state titles since 2007).

Greg Biggins is indicating ASU may hire Sanders on to the new staff. If that happens, Foster probably ends up a Sun Devil after all.

I believe UCLA did that a few years ago with a coach to try and nab a recruit. I hate that practice since it screams of college basketball with AAU coaches.

I believe UCLA did that a few years ago with a coach to try and nab a recruit. I hate that practice since it screams of college basketball with AAU coaches.

Danny Manning to KU.

(Reference for the other old folks on here. :smile2:)

Back