1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'12 AZ SG Demarquise Johnson (Signed to Washington St)

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive - Basket' started by Buffnik, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Rivals
    Scout
    ESPN
    247Sports

[​IMG]
    Westwind Prep International

AAU: Team Eleate

Ht: 6-foot-5
    Wt: 185 lbs

Rivals rating: 4*; #16 SF (#85 overall)
    Scout rating: 3* #28 SG
    ESPN rating: 3*-91 grade; #28 SG
    247 rating: 4*-92 rating; #17 SG (#77 overall)

Reported Offers: Colorado, Arizona State, Gonzaga, New Mexico, Oregon State, San Diego State, UNLV, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Washington State

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2011
  2. Buffnik

Hardwood Elite review:

Demarquise "Que" Johnson is a talented young wing who can score in multiple ways. He is an excellent three point shooter with deep range and doesn't need much room to get it off. He has very good form and does a good job of putting the ball on the floor for mid-range pull ups as well. He also gets to the rim at a decent rate and can finish above the rim with his athleticism. Johnson will need to add strength to his frame, but this will likely come with time.

http://www.hardwoodelite.com/player-profile.php?n=demarquise_johnson

3. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

Hey 'Nik, was this the guy you were telling me about at the Horse yesterday?

4. Buffnik

Yep.

5. JRK1212

JRK1212 Troll

Per Josh Gershon's twitter, his top 3 are Missouri, Washington and Oregon St.

Not clear if he's cut his list to just those schools or if they're just his current favorites.

Scott and Gordon are great commits, but im not thrilled about our outlook for the remaining scholarships. The players who have expressed high interest in us aren't terribly exciting and the higher rated players we've offered are going to be VERY hard to get. But we'll see, I have faith that Boyle will land some good players.

6. mattrob

mattrob Club Member Club Member

The grades on some of these guys are just all over the place. Is Morris-Walker a top 150 talent, or a 2 star player? Johnson and Abrahamson range from 2 stars to 4 stars, depending on whether you listen to Scout or Rivals. I'm guessing at least one of the four schollies is held until the spring signing period, giving the staff a chance to get a longer look at some of these guys.

7. GoBuffs!!

GoBuffs!! Active Member

I typically assume to take the higher grade, assuming that that is the newer evaluation. The lower grades are normally from previous evaluations where the guys are younger and smaller

8. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

See, I go with if they're Buffs or not. If they sign with us, the higher mark is obviously right as that's the only service that knows what they're talking about. If the kid signs elsewhere, I assume that the lower ranking is more accurate.

CUFan likes this.
  9. Goose

http://www.slipperstillfits.com/2011/8/11/2357849/recruiting-demarquise-johnson-to-visit-gonzaga

If they're right, let's hope he's a Zag. Prefer to keep him out of the Pac-12.

10. dyemeduke

dyemeduke Well-Known Member

I have the exact opposite thought when it comes to top players. The Pac has really struggled with recruiting over the last handful of years, and the conference could use large infusions of talent. I want teams like UoA, UCLA, etc to get the recruits, build the conference up, and compete against the Big East/ACC for top conference in the nation. Yes, it will make it a little more difficult for CU to play catch up, but let's take the competition on, not wish for it to go away.

11. Goose

I can see that point, but I'd prefer for the next year or two to be a little easier on CU if possible. Once Boyle's completely set, we have pipelines set up, and we're routinely pulling in good recruiting classes, then we can let the Pac-12 build up.

12. bombay

bombay Club Member Club Member

Haith and possibly Alden may be in trouble at Missouri as part of the Miami fallout.

13. Goose

TheRecruitScoop:

14. Goose

TheRecruitScoop:

15. Goose

Richard Peters has committed to Wazzu. Which leads us to Josh Gershon:

16. Goose

Recruit Scoop:

17. Goose

Verbal to Wazzu. Nice get for them.

18. J-R-K

J-R-K Well-Known Member

He is a partial qualifier, meaning he can enroll in classes and play next year (if his grades are good) but is not eligible to play this year. Tough loss for WSU, although in hindshight it was probably academic issues that allowed them to get him in the first place.

19. Goose

With the Moore news, this hurts even more. Wazzu is going to be bad this year. I feel for Motum.