What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 AZ SG Demarquise Johnson (Signed to Washington St)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247Sports

219144.jpg

Westwind Prep International

AAU: Team Eleate

Ht: 6-foot-5
Wt: 185 lbs

Rivals rating: 4*; #16 SF (#85 overall)
Scout rating: 3* #28 SG
ESPN rating: 3*-91 grade; #28 SG
247 rating: 4*-92 rating; #17 SG (#77 overall)

Reported Offers: Colorado, Arizona State, Gonzaga, New Mexico, Oregon State, San Diego State, UNLV, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Washington State

Last edited by a moderator:
Hardwood Elite review:

Demarquise "Que" Johnson is a talented young wing who can score in multiple ways. He is an excellent three point shooter with deep range and doesn't need much room to get it off. He has very good form and does a good job of putting the ball on the floor for mid-range pull ups as well. He also gets to the rim at a decent rate and can finish above the rim with his athleticism. Johnson will need to add strength to his frame, but this will likely come with time.

http://www.hardwoodelite.com/player-profile.php?n=demarquise_johnson

Hey 'Nik, was this the guy you were telling me about at the Horse yesterday?

Per Josh Gershon's twitter, his top 3 are Missouri, Washington and Oregon St.

Not clear if he's cut his list to just those schools or if they're just his current favorites.

Scott and Gordon are great commits, but im not thrilled about our outlook for the remaining scholarships. The players who have expressed high interest in us aren't terribly exciting and the higher rated players we've offered are going to be VERY hard to get. But we'll see, I have faith that Boyle will land some good players.

The grades on some of these guys are just all over the place. Is Morris-Walker a top 150 talent, or a 2 star player? Johnson and Abrahamson range from 2 stars to 4 stars, depending on whether you listen to Scout or Rivals. I'm guessing at least one of the four schollies is held until the spring signing period, giving the staff a chance to get a longer look at some of these guys.

I typically assume to take the higher grade, assuming that that is the newer evaluation. The lower grades are normally from previous evaluations where the guys are younger and smaller

I typically assume to take the higher grade, assuming that that is the newer evaluation. The lower grades are normally from previous evaluations where the guys are younger and smaller

See, I go with if they're Buffs or not. If they sign with us, the higher mark is obviously right as that's the only service that knows what they're talking about. If the kid signs elsewhere, I assume that the lower ranking is more accurate.

Johnson was a player the Zags were in on early and thought of as his early fate. In the middle of summer, however, the Zags and Johnson seemed to be distancing as he named a July top three of Missouri, Washington, and Oregon State. That list has changed now as only Washington remains from the July favorites. In addition to Gonzaga, Que will visit the Huskies on September 24th and Washington State on September 2nd. Missouri, UNLV, and Colorado are still under consideration but I wouldn't expect Q to play his college ball outside the Pacific-Northwest.

http://www.slipperstillfits.com/2011/8/11/2357849/recruiting-demarquise-johnson-to-visit-gonzaga

If they're right, let's hope he's a Zag. Prefer to keep him out of the Pac-12.

http://www.slipperstillfits.com/2011/8/11/2357849/recruiting-demarquise-johnson-to-visit-gonzaga

If they're right, let's hope he's a Zag. Prefer to keep him out of the Pac-12.

I have the exact opposite thought when it comes to top players. The Pac has really struggled with recruiting over the last handful of years, and the conference could use large infusions of talent. I want teams like UoA, UCLA, etc to get the recruits, build the conference up, and compete against the Big East/ACC for top conference in the nation. Yes, it will make it a little more difficult for CU to play catch up, but let's take the competition on, not wish for it to go away.

I have the exact opposite thought when it comes to top players. The Pac has really struggled with recruiting over the last handful of years, and the conference could use large infusions of talent. I want teams like UoA, UCLA, etc to get the recruits, build the conference up, and compete against the Big East/ACC for top conference in the nation. Yes, it will make it a little more difficult for CU to play catch up, but let's take the competition on, not wish for it to go away.

I can see that point, but I'd prefer for the next year or two to be a little easier on CU if possible. Once Boyle's completely set, we have pipelines set up, and we're routinely pulling in good recruiting classes, then we can let the Pac-12 build up.

Richard Peters has committed to Wazzu. Which leads us to Josh Gershon:

It will be interesting to see how this impacts Demarquise Johnson, who is also a top Washington State target and a teammate of Peters.

He is a partial qualifier, meaning he can enroll in classes and play next year (if his grades are good) but is not eligible to play this year. Tough loss for WSU, although in hindshight it was probably academic issues that allowed them to get him in the first place.

With the Moore news, this hurts even more. Wazzu is going to be bad this year. I feel for Motum.

Back