What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA ATH Marques Mosley (Signed to Colorado)

I'm just curious. Why is he rated by three services but not by Rivals? I see this a lot. Why does it happen? Recruiting services are just plain weird. At any rate, I love having this young man! Awesome!

Gotta love we beat out Michigan State and Nebraska for this guy. So stoked we got a true CB. Feel much better now about this class. Also he is a great return man so we might see him back fielding punts/kicks this year.

Dude! We're counting on you to find TBD's gold!

What do you expect when I learned all that I know from Mikey:

"Guys - I think I have a match. I'm sure of it! The lighthouse, the rock, and the restaurant all fit the doubloon. That must mean that the rich stuff is near the restaurant."

Just replace the OR locations with CU locations, and you should be able to find something. Good luck with saving the Goondocks. Now back to the thread: Welcome (if it is you)!

What do you expect when I learned all that I know from Mikey:

"Guys - I think I have a match. I'm sure of it! The lighthouse, the rock, and the restaurant all fit the doubloon. That must mean that the rich stuff is near the restaurant."

Just replace the OR locations with CU locations, and you should be able to find something. Good luck with saving the Goondocks. Now back to the thread: Welcome (if it is you)!
Somebody rep him please.

Welcome Marques.

Looks like he has the frame to play corner or safety. If Pelini had an offer open to him he is fast enough and talented enough to play, also had a Michigan State offer.

Army offer tells me that he is tough and that academics aren't likely to be an issue.

Good pick-up.

Welcome Marques!! Has to be one smart kid to be drawing interest from Army and have the sense choose the Buffs over the corn.

Great to be establishing pipelines in the Inland Empire

Will see how it shakes out. I think he would be a solid pickup, although he looks like a safety more than a corner.

Will see how it shakes out. I think he would be a solid pickup, although he looks like a safety more than a corner.

I agree. Of course, that's what I always thought about Jalil Brown so what he hell do I know. Very glad to get another DB committed and also love the recruiting presence we're developing in the Inland Empire.

Welcome to the Buffs, Marques!

:dance: :dance: :dance:

I just read the scouting analysis that ESPN updated on 11/15. I love the sound of this.

Mosley displays the aggressive run stopping ability we look for when evaluating defensive backs. Has the size and athleticism for the safety position at the major level of competition. His frame appears capable of handling additional bulk over time. This guy is a tough customer willing to wrap tackle and punish when the opportunity exists; is effective covering kickoffs; does a good job avoiding blockers but will take them on to maintain coverage lanes; is also effective blocking downfield on punt returns. We do detect some hip tightness when playing tight man coverage however we see the playing speed needed to line up tight, turn and run with receivers releasing off the line; flashes awareness with a feel for receivers in his area; must improve his ability to break up quicker on underneath throws. This prospect does a good job playing off blocks whether it be the screen pass or outside run; sheds blockers quickly while demonstrating the ability to make the open field tackle with very little yardage after contact. Is aggressive filling the alley showing the willingness to stick his nose and stop runs on the opponent's side of the line of scrimmage; does a great job in long pursuit with some touchdown saving tackles. Mosley is presently flying under the radar as a BCS prospect. However his size, athleticism and toughness warrant another look see as the season concludes.

I just read the scouting analysis that ESPN updated on 11/15. I love the sound of this.
Nice. They do kind of make him sound more like a safety but sounds like he has the basic tools to be a CB in the Pac 12. Also gotta like his performance on special teams-I think ST is another area of major upgrading and a bunch of the guys in this cycle seem like they could contribute next year in ST at least.

:dance4::dance4::dance2::dance4::dance4:

Noice. Let's hope this starts a run of DB commits.

Nice. They do kind of make him sound more like a safety but sounds like he has the basic tools to be a CB in the Pac 12. Also gotta like his performance on special teams-I think ST is another area of major upgrading and a bunch of the guys in this cycle seem like they could contribute next year in ST at least.

With as many schools as we will face in the PAC12 that use multiple WR sets as well as facing some hybid TEs who are more big WRs, you have to have some guys who can play the safety and still cover with corner skills. Marques looks like one of those guys.

True, just sayin. I'll leave it alone in this thread. Class has a hawk like feel other than DL and QB.
How? The vast majority of the kids we have gotten have some higher level BCS offers along with size and speed and this staff is usually in on the prospects before others are.

True, just sayin. I'll leave it alone in this thread. Class has a hawk like feel other than DL and QB.
I must strongly disagree for a bunch of reasons. 1.) Filling very important needs and holes (left by Hawk's poor recruitment); 2.) Almost all of our commits have other BCS offers.

If Nebraska and Michigan State wanted this guy doesn't that say something? In the past few years with Hawk what % of players did we win out against top Big 10 or Pac 12 teams for? That to me is a big difference.

Besides how can you eliminate QB and DL from comparison when they are among the most critical needs for any team to be competitive?

I must strongly disagree for a bunch of reasons. 1.) Filling very important needs and holes (left by Hawk's poor recruitment); 2.) Almost all of our commits have other BCS offers.

If Nebraska and Michigan State wanted this guy doesn't that say something? In the past few years with Hawk what % of players did we win out against top Big 10 or Pac 12 teams for? That to me is a big difference.

Besides how can you eliminate QB and DL from comparison when they are among the most critical needs for any team to be competitive?

Okay....

Back