What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA CB Erich Wilson (Signed to Washington)

Wilson is a really good athlete who will bring better-than-usual ball skills to the secondary. He may also bring something to the return game. But he's a developmental guy. I like taking one guy like this among the DB recruits every year if the coaches like the character, measurables and athleticism. I am very glad to get Wilson. But he needs to be the one guy in that category for the year. We can't continue to have a defensive backfield that is all "diamond in the rough" types.

Not really sure if it means anything but he had another monster game on the ground. 247 yards on 13 carries

Not really sure if it means anything but he had another monster game on the ground. 247 yards on 13 carries

It means that he was the best athlete on the field again and continues to make big plays (4 TDs). Also, MaxPreps thinks pretty highly of the league that Serra's in. They're ranked #23 in the state and #16 Bellermine is also in that league (4-1, haven't played Serra yet).

Wilson is a really good athlete who will bring better-than-usual ball skills to the secondary. He may also bring something to the return game. But he's a developmental guy. I like taking one guy like this among the DB recruits every year if the coaches like the character, measurables and athleticism. I am very glad to get Wilson. But he needs to be the one guy in that category for the year. We can't continue to have a defensive backfield that is all "diamond in the rough" types.

You're going to have to explain to me how this kid is a diamond in the rough. That kind of speed and size can't be taught. He appears to have some excellent football instincts and his physical abilities are tremendous. What am I missing here? He's a 2* guy with offers from plenty of BCS schools (CU, ASU, Indiana, and now Washington apparently). Something isn't adding up.

I guess it's a positive if Washington likes him. But, doesn't really matter if he decommits there

You're going to have to explain to me how this kid is a diamond in the rough. That kind of speed and size can't be taught. He appears to have some excellent football instincts and his physical abilities are tremendous. What am I missing here? He's a 2* guy with offers from plenty of BCS schools (CU, ASU, Indiana, and now Washington apparently). Something isn't adding up.

Generally in a case like this it's their GPA that isn't adding up. Grades can affect * ratings just like athletic ability. Or they may have just decided he's a 2*. Got plenty of time to get that in order though if that's the case.

Last edited:
Generally in a case like this it's their GPA that isn't adding up. Grades can affect * ratings just like athletic ability. Or they may have just decided he's a 2*. Got plenty of time to get that in order though if that's the case.

Maybe their grading is more focused on him as a RB as opposed to a DB.

Maybe their grading is more focused on him as a RB as opposed to a DB.

Could also be the case. grading is also weighted towards the kids that go to the camps and dog and pony shows starting early. It's possible he didn't get his film out or attend many camps early on which would skew his rating lower.

Hasn't even visited Boulder yet, right? Hopefully the coaches can convince him to visit, but if he really loved UW he probably won't. Maybe UW said he'd have a shot at RB? Or maybe he just wants a program that's less of a gamble with a better chance of winning in the near term. Best of luck to him. We really need to land some more quality players in this class. It's a solid start, but we desperately need to finish it off well.

ESPN and Scout both reporting that Wilson has flipped to UDub. No word yet on whether he will still take his CU visit.

I wonder if this guy goes the Nosa E. route and just drops us from the equation.

That being said, I think he's a solid player but putting a silver lining on it, we were to the party very early and this says a lot about the staff's ability to pick out quality players early and get on them. Same with Samson.

We may not get these guys (largely because of on-field results) but we'll be in line for solid guys to replace them.

In the mean-time I imagine the same folks will still rip on the same things in recruiting. Especially on the coaches. The people bitched offered the guy citing not enough BCS offers, now they're distraught about losing him. Cracks me up.

Last edited:
can we have any visists this week??? since the game is on a friday most HS games are being played....

Back