What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA CB Erich Wilson (Signed to Washington)

can we have any visists this week??? since the game is on a friday most HS games are being played....

It would only happen if the high school team had a bye week. I don't think we're getting anyone in for the USC game.

The recruiting battles with Washington continue to heat up

I'm totally OK with that, too. So long as we win about half those battles, it means the level of talent at CU will be roughly the same as the talent at UW in another 2-3 years. I'd like to be in that situation, frankly.

So he's one of those, then: The recruit that makes kind of a spur of the moment decision based on instant gratification.

Maybe he doesn't want to lose by 30+ points and doesn't think the mountains are the end all be all?

The people bitched offered the guy citing not enough BCS offers, now they're distraught about losing him. Cracks me up.

Um, who are you talking about? I just scanned over the thread again and everyone seemed pretty happy to have him. You might want to avoid message boards if you want to go all bunker mode... DBT probably lost a few years off of his life when he gave it a whirl last time.

He has been getting PT for Washington as a RB and is their second leading rusher. There have been some pretty good athletes we had legit shots at out of HS that didn't come here because Greg Brown wanted them as DB's and they wanted to play offense among other things (Markus Wheaton, Erich Wilson, Kenny Bell etc).

He has been getting PT for Washington as a RB and is their second leading rusher. There have been some pretty good athletes we had legit shots at out of HS that didn't come here because Greg Brown wanted them as DB's and they wanted to play offense among other things (Markus Wheaton, Erich Wilson, Kenny Bell etc).

Sounds like an axe to grind for Brown?

If EB wanted him at RB, he could have recruited him that way.

Either way, that is NOT why he chose UW over CU. It had a lot more to do with the state of the programs.
Sark could sell they were on their way back with a lot of evidence to support that.
CU cannot support that yet.

This year, Sark has got to show they are truly going anywhere but middle-of-the-division. Frankly, his West Coast offense without the USC studs looks underwhelming to me when compared to Oregon, Arizona, ASU and UCLA. He surrounded himself by super-recruiters that have not proven themselves as Super-Coaches. Coach Kiesau is front and center in that debate. As is Tosh.

Sounds like an axe to grind for Brown?

If EB wanted him at RB, he could have recruited him that way.

Either way, that is NOT why he chose UW over CU. It had a lot more to do with the state of the programs.
Sark could sell they were on their way back with a lot of evidence to support that.
CU cannot support that yet.

This year, Sark has got to show they are truly going anywhere but middle-of-the-division. Frankly, his West Coast offense without the USC studs looks underwhelming to me when compared to Oregon, Arizona, ASU and UCLA. He surrounded himself by super-recruiters that have not proven themselves as Super-Coaches. Coach Kiesau is front and center in that debate. As is Tosh.

See "among other things." Kiesau's offense is averaging 15 points per game vs DI teams this Fall, and that's with Keith Price, Austin Sefarian-Jenkins, Kasen Williams etc. That is after averaging 33.67 points/game last season vs DI teams. It's early in the season, but still interesting

The type of player this staff needs to be landing if they want to survive longterm. Speed, speed, speed.

The type of player this staff needs to be landing if they want to survive longterm. Speed, speed, speed.

url

Even if Brown wanted him as a RB it falls on the HC and other position coaches to evaluate the prospect. Brown may want him as a DB, but it's the HC's priority to make sure he can get speed on the team.

Back