What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA DE Kyle Kelley (Signed to Arizona)

I think for that position it will be less of a necessity. The Sam will play over the TE like Major does now and that's the player who will have to be effective getting into coverage more often than not. The Jack is a position where that rush LB will 85% of the time be playing forward, not dropping back. Think DeMarcus Ware and Elvis Dumervil when he was in the 3-4. The only time when they won't rush is when we bring a zone blitz and try to confuse the QB or a 3rd and deep.
Agreed. Still a concern (for me). But generally very athletic guys are ok in coverage.

There was an update on ESPN awhile ago that didn't seem promising. Basically said Zona was by far his favorite and then UCLA was #2. I think we fell out of favor quite a bit after awhile, unfortunately. Really hope I'm wrong and we can get in on him.

Yeah, I don't see us in play here any longer. Seems like he's destined to be at or near Socal, whatever is his best option.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/on-the-trail/post?id=2056

“My main four right now, in addition to UA, are Arizona State, Oklahoma, and Colorado. I was looking at UCLA too but I haven’t heard from them all season. These other schools have been recruiting me and hopefully I can get some visits lined up soon.”

Kelley said Colorado defensive line coach Mike Tuiasosopo will be coming in for a home visit on Tuesday.

Arizona is still the leader here, but hopefully we can make up a lot of ground with the in-home visit and an OV.

Still love this kid and would have him rated slightly higher then Wilson based on film that i've seen. Interesting predicament if we sign this kid... i think him and Wilson are destined for the same position on this defense. If we get Wilson and Kelly, i would anticipate Juda Parker gains weight and slides down to DE/DT. I think those two could be our DE's on nickel downs.

Kelley seems to play a little high. Good coaching will change that.

I can't believe his listed 40 time 4.78. He plays like someone who runs a 4.5. Like the motor too; on a number of the vids, he's shown in pursuit catching up to the ball carrier. Gotta like a player who doesn't quit on a play.

Kinda interested to see how Rich Rod approaches his recruitment. Anyone know how Kelley might fit into a 3-3-5?

Kelley seems to play a little high. Good coaching will change that.

I can't believe his listed 40 time 4.78. He plays like someone who runs a 4.5. Like the motor too; on a number of the vids, he's shown in pursuit catching up to the ball carrier. Gotta like a player who doesn't quit on a play.

It's all about closing speed and a kid's 10 yard speed if you're playing in the front seven. I've seen kids who are slow 40 wise, have that game/closing speed which is tough to define. Some kids are track fast, some kids are football fast. I think this kid is a closer and could be a good one if he gets into the right situation, i.e. OLB in the 3-4.

It's all about closing speed and a kid's 10 yard speed if you're playing in the front seven. I've seen kids who are slow 40 wise, have that game/closing speed which is tough to define. Some kids are track fast, some kids are football fast. I think this kid is a closer and could be a good one if he gets into the right situation, i.e. OLB in the 3-4.

Yep. I think he's a Mike Vrabel type.

I have to say I'm always surprised when a kid with offers from CU, Oklahoma, Florida, Washington, UCLA and the like commits to UofA. I love Tucson now, but when I got off the plane in Tucson for grad school my first thought was that I had just made a HUGE mistake.

I have to say I'm always surprised when a kid with offers from CU, Oklahoma, Florida, Washington, UCLA and the like commits to UofA. I love Tucson now, but when I got off the plane in Tucson for grad school my first thought was that I had just made a HUGE mistake.

I used to visit because my sister went to UA. I'm sure there's more to it for a resident, but my impression was that it wouldn't take long to get sick of the line at El Charro and no one's going to make the drive to Tombstone or Nogales more than once. There was some decent hiking in the suburban hills, though.

Wife is a UofA grad. In laws live there. Flying out there on Friday. I'm not a big fan of Tucson. Lots of "dumpy" places. The campus, well, lets just say that it does not eompete with CU-Boulder. Not even in the same stratosphere.

But aside from that. When football begins in August, who the hell wants to do two a days there? I guess I'm a whimp.

Good to see a quality football player coming out of Woodbridge HS. Not sure we have ever produced any. Hopefully the first will be a BUFF!

Looks like his senior year film is up on YouTube...
[video=youtube;DCr2kNXTwiw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCr2kNXTwiw[/video]

Unless the other Stoops can steal him for Okie, it sounds like he's going to be playing in Tucson.

Back