What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA DE Samson Kafovalu (Signed to Colorado)

When is he planning on deciding?

I believe he is waiting to take all his visits.....He had mentioned in an interview that he will be visiting all the schools that gave him an offer official and non official, talking it over with family, praying about it and will decide. By the way, HE LOVED his visit to COLORADO! He is in Washington now and will be back today. To date he has 10 offers of which he credits Colorado for "putting him on the map!" Very grateful kid!

*Offers to date:
1) Colorado
2) Washington
3) Washington State
4) Nevada
5) Arizona
6) Boise State
7) UCLA
8) Fresno
9) Iowa
10) Utah

*not in order of who offered but know for sure it was Colorado who made the first....:thumbsup: Go Buffs!

This is a kid who I really want.

He has the talent that we need. More importantly he seems to be one of those kids who will buy entirely into what Embree wants the team to be and become a leader on the squad.

Him and Tupou are the two most obvious Poly kids we're after but I think people are getting their positions mixed up. I think Samson looks better on the OL, and I think Tupou looks like the better defensive lineman.

Regardless, we need size and both of these guys would help us tremendously.

Not that I agree with highlander because I think he'd make a good 3-4 DE, but that's your reasoning? You don't think people can play OL in college if they're < 6'4"?
No they can but the staff is recruiting him as a 3-4 DE. Hence why I think he looks like a DE. I'm also not sure if he has the frame to get up to 290-300 pounds as an OG but I'm going to let the staff make that decision.

Confucious say: "Sometimes it's better to admit you were wrong and move on than make up some idotic excuse."

No, really, DBT told me he heard him say that.

My reference was purely based on his film. He looks better at OL , where some Pac12 schools are recruiting him vs just looking ok on defense.

Somehow I think Samson won't remain 6'3 and 253 for the rest of his college career.

Full beard, pretty mature looking face. I wouldn't bet on him getting much taller. The 253 will likely just be a memory in a short time. He looks like he could carry another 20-25lbs easily and may go past that without losing athleticism.

Sounds like it might end up being between Udub and the Buffs at this time. Sure would love to see him in Purple & Gold.

I do not know that, but it is my impression that the AZ kid may have filled that slot. Numbers. Could be wrong....

As others have said, position might change. I'm thinking playing a 3-4, you don't want 245-250 lb guys at de. Rush OLB yes.

Back