What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA DT Aziz ****tu (Signed to Stanford)

visiting with a teammate, per AZ, it sounds like (OT matt Cochran)

Cochran is almost certain to make an official visit to CU this fall. ****tu and him are close and want to take at least one OV together. We're in the driver's seat for it being us, but I'd expect Cochran to get a lot more offers and for there to be a lot more competition. This one is going to take a while to play out. I think ****tu's pretty solid on Stanford, but if we get a shot we definitely have to take it. Special talent.

I never thought we'd get ****tu, but I definitely want Cochran on our OL. He's a difference maker potentially at the interior OL position.

So it appears ****tu might have committed a little too early for his liking. He still likes Stanford a lot, but USC is in the picture here and he will take all his visits.

Saw a tweet saying he's visiting Alabama this weekend. Big time program and he has family out there. If they offer it could be over quickly.
Already said he's waiting till the AA game and wants it to play out.

"My final 10, in no order, are Washington, Michigan, Notre Dame, USC, UCLA, Stanford, Cal, Auburn, Nebraska and Arizona," ****tu said.

Not surprising, I guess, but it still sucks.

I get the feeling he is starting to get a little overwhelmed with the recruiting process.

I think he ends up at Stanford after looking around. His parents seem to really want him to go there.

This kid and his family are a class act and despite what you may think of your own board's silly or inappropriate posts on the recruiting forums, I don't believe anything like this would ever come from a CU fan. In my many months of trolling, I have never seen crap like this on your site nor do I believe your MODs would let it stand for more than a minute at best. That said, I appreciate this forum and all of your contributions as members.

Background: Kid takes a Cal visit and tweets a response that Washington is no longer in consideration. What follows is "Primate Donna" with nobody calling out that poster followed by "enjoy working at Taco Bell" and "he probably didn't have the grades". This story was posted today on BI and has 1,500 hits so far. Apparently the Husky recruiting forum was worse before being deleted. Enjoy your cousins in the PAC:

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=147&f=1361&t=8430666

In parting, I hope any recruit (not signing with Cal of course) or any recruit you all decide to go after on your own lands at CU. Glad to have you in the PAC and thanks again for being members of a respectable University with a lot to offer (both academically and historically with your football program). Best of luck to you all in your recruiting endeavors. If I find something positive about one of your recruits, I'll post it...think you guys will close strong.

Last edited:
I haven't checked out other fan sites, but I imagine there are responses like this in more places than we think. I imagine the amount and toxicity of the venom spewed varies from fanbase to fanbase.

I hope these young men are being advised by someone to ignore the vicious retorts. After all, you can't grow a thick skin overnight.

I haven't checked out other fan sites, but I imagine there are responses like this in more places than we think. I imagine the amount and toxicity of the venom spewed varies from fanbase to fanbase.

I hope these young men are being advised by someone to ignore the vicious retorts. After all, you can't grow a thick skin overnight.

Thanks for believing in us although not sure we are worthy yet. We are having an ongoing discussion on AB about what's in and what's out in our recruiting threads: http://www.allbuffs.com/showthread.php/69661-What-criticism-is-acceptable-in-the-recruiting-forum

The Pac is a far cry from the Big. Without knowing all the details of that thread and judging solely from this board's comments and conversations with my associates at both Cal and CU, I'm pretty sure you guys don't go full Klan racist or badmouth the grades of a recruit who considering both Stanford and Cal as a University of choice. I'm guessing you all see that academic and athletic prowess of a recruit and thoughts of his family are noble considerations in determining where he/she may want to spend the next four years regardless of football position, color, race, financing or other criteria which may play into their collective decisions. Thick skin is one thing. Washington bullsh*t is another.

Well, thanks flukes for all the love. On a different note, where is this kid going? We don't have a chance in hell right?

Well, thanks flukes for all the love. On a different note, where is this kid going? We don't have a chance in hell right?

Thanks bro. To be fair, I love Buff chicks the most followed by Denver girls. Still, I have no idea. I guess you could follow his tweets and try to make sense of those but we all know twitter is a crap shoot. I'm guessing that CU is not in the mix, however, Rippy is a different matter altogether. :thumbsup:

I don't know. If a recruit chooses 'braska over us we may call him a ****ing cornholer or something.

Back