What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA FB Christian Powell (Signed to Colorado)

Embree/EB: "come here, you'll be a featured part of our offense, you'll be back in So Cal for a game every year and in NorCal at least twice, and you'll go to the NFL. No bull****."

Mora/Mazzone: "come here, you'll be a FB in an offense that doesn't ever use a FB and never has used a FB; but trust us, we're going to change. Nooooo! Of course you won't become a glorified wedge buster on kickoffs that maybe gets a couple short yardage or goal line carries a game...that's ridiculous!"

Embree/EB: "come here, you'll be a featured part of our offense, you'll be back in So Cal for a game every year and in NorCal at least twice, and you'll go to the NFL. No bull****."

Mora/Mazzone: "come here, you'll be a FB in an offense that doesn't ever use a FB and never has used a FB; but trust us, we're going to change. Nooooo! Of course you won't become a glorified wedge buster on kickoffs that maybe gets a couple short yardage or goal line carries a game...that's ridiculous!"
I think you are 100% on point wspy. Sad if he chooses this path, but good luck to the kid no matter what he decides.

Apparently the visit to UCLA went well. Biggins at ESPN reporting that Powell may be close to committing to the Bruins. Also reports that Colby Cyburt is expecting to hear today or tomorrow whether or not he has cleared Stanford admissions, and will likely commit to them if he does.

Last edited:
Apparently the visit to UCLA went well. Biggins at ESPN reporting that Powell may be close to committing to the Bruins. Also reports that Colby Cyburt is expecting to hear today or tomorrow whether or not he has cleared Stanford admissions, and will likely commit to them if he does.

I don't think Stanford would accept his commitment until Peat and a few others commit.

Maybe I missed it but is UCLA planning on using a FB? I'm guessing Mora isn't running the Pistol

Per ESPN recruiting nation http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncf.../insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/west/

"""“I just got offered by UCLA last week,” Powell said. “I was actually pretty close to committing to Colorado, but after UCLA offered, I decided to hold off, and I’m taking my final official visit there this weekend. I’m pretty excited, because UCLA is the local school, and my family really wants me to stay close to home. """

"“I’m ready to get this over with,” Powell said. “Colorado will be coming in for a home visit tomorrow (Thursday). I just talked to Nebraska today, and my mom has talked with Washington about setting up a home visit. I think if things go well with UCLA this week and I’m comfortable how they plan to use me and comfortable with the players and coaches, they could be tough to beat. If not, I have Colorado on top and some other great options as well.”"""

so looks like he really like UCLA.... but we are still right there.... wonder how is in home went on thursday

Enjoy your visit to UCLA - but I hope you realize that your initial gut feeling was right and the CU is the place you belong

Sounds like mom wants him to stay close but he would rather go to CU. Hopefully the deciding factor will be that CU is the right place for him academically and athleticly. If he wants a place he can fit, contribute, and develop as a player it is very hard to beat a team with Embrees system and a coach like E.B. directly involved in his game.

I hope that he and mom also consider that while staying close to home can have positives in the overall going to a school like CU can have significant advantages.

I can fully understand that he may feel like he needs to stay close to home, because of family, etc. Still sux losing him to fucla, if that does happen.

It sounds to me like he wants to go to UCLA. Oh well.

Sounds to me like he was pretty well decided on CU, now is undecided and considering. I wouldn't write him off with the in-home visit still coming up. Give him some time to consider his options and let Embree address some of his concerns and thinking points and then lets see how he decides.

Sounds to me like he was pretty well decided on CU, now is undecided and considering. I wouldn't write him off with the in-home visit still coming up. Give him some time to consider his options and let Embree address some of his concerns and thinking points and then lets see how he decides.

The article bbads quoted above was from last week if I am not mistaken. So the Thursday in-home visit was last Thursday and the UCLA visit just wrapped up this weekend. Unless there is another in-home visit in the works, it's pretty much decision time now.

Can't blame the man if he wants to stay close to mom. Tough call. I left home at 22. Best decision I ever made. But that was me. For others it would be different.

The article bbads quoted above was from last week if I am not mistaken. So the Thursday in-home visit was last Thursday and the UCLA visit just wrapped up this weekend. Unless there is another in-home visit in the works, it's pretty much decision time now.
Yup. So he had his UCLA this past weekend. So I bet he will announce his intentions soon. I wonder if Mosley and abron are not pushin him to come with. Hope they are!

sounds like he liked his visit to UCLA.mom wants him close, and said mora and broussard really broke down how they are planning to use him. said he will decide in the next day or two.

sounds like he liked his visit to UCLA.mom wants him close, and said mora and broussard really broke down how they are planning to use him. said he will decide in the next day or two.

I'm sure embree and EB broke down how'd they'd use him too.

I'm sure embree and EB broke down how'd they'd use him too.

yeah im sure they did too. jus reportin what i read. i think the kicker here is mom wants him to stay close to home and he likes how they will use him.. hope im wrong and he is a buff!!

yeah im sure they did too. jus reportin what i read. i think the kicker here is mom wants him to stay close to home and he likes how they will use him.. hope im wrong and he is a buff!!

Based on what most kids do, it is a good thing the mom wants him to go to UCLA. He'll most likely come here now.

I would absolutely love this guy to be a buff. CU needs a guy that already has some experience at the position. I think Clay could be good, but the fact that he has never really blocked before kind of scares me a bit if he starts next year.

I agree....would be absolutely awesome to have a legimate FB in EB's offense! Come to Boulder CP!!!!

I would absolutely love this guy to be a buff. CU needs a guy that already has some experience at the position. I think Clay could be good, but the fact that he has never really blocked before kind of scares me a bit if he starts next year.

Agreed. It is always good to hedge your bets. We would really benefit from great FB play. If they both end up being great players, they will see the field. No worries there!

Back