What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA ILB Butch Pauu (Signed to BYU)

Duff Man

Club Member
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247 Sports

i

Servite H.S. (Anaheim, CA)

Ht: 6-foot-0
Wt: 215 lbs
40:

Rivals rating: 3*-5.7rr; #20 ILB
Scout rating: 3*; #21 MLB
ESPN rating: 4*-79 grade; #15 ILB
247s rating: 3*-84 rating; #77 OLB

Reported Offers: Colorado, Iowa State, Nebraska, Oregon State, Washington, BYU, CSU

Pauu is legit. Undersized and wants to go on a LDS mission, but a player who can make a big impact at the next level.

MLB is the most important position on the defense in my opinion. A dominating MLB effects the play moreso than a dominating player at any other defensive position.

MLB is the most important position on the defense in my opinion. A dominating MLB effects the play moreso than a dominating player at any other defensive position.

MLB is up there, but nothing disrupts an offense like a disruptive DT.

Love to see some film on him, but those all black unis are sick and the transition to black and gold would be easy for him.

MLB is up there, but nothing disrupts an offense like a disruptive DT.

I could have gone either way until I saw LT own offenses from OLB. Truly one of the most amazing players in NFL history, IMHO. It really just depends on the guy...

Seems pretty much a consensus that he is a top 20 ILB prospect in the 2012 class. Scout has some film on him that shows a lot of offensive clips with him as a FB. He shows some nice athleticism.

BYU is in the lead, but I think visits to other schools could give him a lot to think about.

Seems pretty much a consensus that he is a top 20 ILB prospect in the 2012 class. Scout has some film on him that shows a lot of offensive clips with him as a FB. He shows some nice athleticism.

BYU is in the lead, but I think visits to other schools could give him a lot to think about.

I don't know. Recruiting visits can get pretty wild in Provo these days. I heard some rumors that a guy went up there last year and took a girl out for ice cream... unsupervised.

I don't know. Recruiting visits can get pretty wild in Provo these days. I heard some rumors that a guy went up there last year and took a girl out for ice cream... unsupervised.

I have a .gif that I'd like to add to this thread, but the site won't let me link it. Very sad.

Ended up picking BYU. Knew he liked them quite a bit, but I thought he would wait out the process a bit. Nice pickup for them.

Ended up picking BYU. Knew he liked them quite a bit, but I thought he would wait out the process a bit. Nice pickup for them.

Sounds like it's not over, though.

Despite his commitment, Pauu said there's a chance he could still take a couple of official visits in the fall.

"I really like Washington a lot," Pauu said. "That's a big offer and coach [Nick] Holt has been recruiting me for a few years now. He's a lot of fun to talk with and that whole staff has a lot of energy. I really wanted to visit them before I committed but I didn't get a chance to do that so in the fall, I might try and take a visit there and to Colorado as well. It's not sure but it's something I'm definitely interested in doing."

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/blog?name=biggins_greg

Really hope we can get him to Boulder for an official visit. He is likely to take a mission after his first semester of school, but I think he could be a real force in the middle down the line.

No idea if Pauu is still open at all, but Greg Biggins (West recruiting analyst for ESPN) had some really high praise for him after this weekend:

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/west/post?id=170

I’ve had a chance to watch Anaheim (Calif.) Servite linebacker Butch Pauu since he was a sophomore and even at a very young age, you could tell he was going to be a big-time player. Standing on the sideline watching his Friars squad take out previously undefeated Orange Lutheran (Calif.) 21-8, I walked away thinking Pauu had one of the best performances by a linebacker I’ve ever seen.

But against a very good team, Pauu had 20 tackles, a sack, an interception and completely dominated the game. Several of his hits drew oohs and aahs and that was from the Lancers crowd. A lot of schools passed on him because of his height but BYU got an absolute steal and only his Mormon mission will delay Pauu wreaking havoc in the Mountain West.

Also, found some junior highlights. All I can say is... damn.

[video=youtube;_MidHBwmcW8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MidHBwmcW8[/video]

That was mighty impressive. I really hope Cabral/Tui can get some work done on him or Jared Afalava (extreme long shot on both I know) those guys would probably start or at least play a lot next year.

Nice.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/west/post?id=195

“I want to visit Washington, Colorado and Utah,” Pauu said. “Washington has a great team, and I like how the coaches are recruiting me. They’re always so fired up and they remind me a lot of our staff here at Servite.

“Colorado is a beautiful campus, and I heard great things about the campus. They’re a strong academic school as well. With Utah, it’s a beautiful place as well and I could live out my faith (LDS) pretty easily as well and that’s important. I’m still very solid with BYU and love the school but just want to take some visits to see what else is out there.”

Back