What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA OG Gerrad Kough (Signed to Colorado)

Knew a guy with the exact same spelling and his was pronounced like cough. Thats cool just curious.

Did Embree just get tired of waiting and announce his signing before it occurred?

Makes total sense. Can't wait to see him in January.

As I've said, if I had my way every single OL would grayshirt.

Probably best for Gerrad. Even if he redshirted, it would be tough to show up for practice in August and not be able to get reps because of being undersized. If Greyshirting allows him to put on another 10-15 lbs of muscle in the fall, he'll be able to hit the ground running in January.

Probably best for Gerrad. Even if he redshirted, it would be tough to show up for practice in August and not be able to get reps because of being undersized. If Greyshirting allows him to put on another 10-15 lbs of muscle in the fall, he'll be able to hit the ground running in January.
He said he's 6'5" 280 in the Rivals update so he's not undersized for a Freshman.

Agree with both you and Nick. Even if he is up to 280 he is still physically young. The extra year not only lets him get bigger but also physically mature.

It is also hard for the coaches to give a young guy a lot of attention in the fall. They have to be focused on the games and on fall recruiting which doesn't leave much time for a young guy at a technical position who isn't going to be playing right away. By coming in January he gets an extra spring practice cycle to learn what he is doing and get comfortable and the coaches can give him more of their time. It also makes adjusting to school easier.

Kough has good feet and he uses his hands well. Just has to get bigger and strongerlike most HS OL . Will not surprise me if Kough ends up a starter at CU.

Last edited:
Back